What's new

Pakistan Christians demand right to visit Israel

The Christians are welcome in Israel. They are not backward, violent, wide-eyed fanatics like their Islamist counterparts.
Take position soldier and get ready to be bombed :whistle:

They should ask Tel Aviv to lift restrictions on Pakistani citizens, it's a two way street.

Everybody have right. Pakistan should improve relation with Israel and all countries. . .

They should ask Tel Aviv to lift restrictions on Pakistani citizens, it's a two way street.
Well, good luck for anyone who is going to ask Tel Aviv, because the capital of Israel and the government seat is Jerusalem.

Israel is reality and Pakistan should open diplomatic relation with her. Our lip service haven't done anything good for Palestine.

Well, good luck for anyone who is going to ask Tel Aviv, because the capital of Israel and the government seat is Jerusalem.

Most countries do not recognize the capital as Jerusalem and most embassies are in Tel Aviv.

I don't think that's true in the smallest degree. Pakistan is NOT "designated an enemy state by Israel".

From Israel's official tourism website:

"All visitors to Israel must hold a passport that is valid for at least six months from the date they are departing the country. People with no nationality must hold a valid laissez passer, as well as a visa back to the country that issued it.

Visitors are entitled to remain in Israel up to three months from the date of their arrival, in accordance with the conditions of the visa issued to them. Visitors intending to work in Israel must submit a request to the Ministry of the Interior for a special visa...As of July 3, 2008, an official decision has been made that will no longer require entry stamps..."

Israeli visa requirements for Israelis visiting Pakistan and Pakistanis visiting Israel can be found here. Pakistanis follow the same procedures as Jordanians and many other nationals. For Israelis visiting Pakistan the procedure is the same as Israelis visiting Nepal.

Pakistan is designated as an enemy state by Nationality law 1952 in Israel. The tourism ministry website doesn't prove anything to the contrary.

Most countries do not recognize the capital as Jerusalem and most embassies are in Tel Aviv.
And yet, those who want to visit Israel must ask Jerusalem, not Tel-Aviv, and recognize Jerusalem de facto as a capital of Israel.

Pakistan is designated as an enemy state by Nationality law 1952 in Israel. The tourism ministry website doesn't prove anything to the contrary.
The tourism site shows that Pakistanis are currently permitted visitors. Here's the 1952 nationality law and you can see that Pakistan isn't mentioned at all: link

Now, why did I have to point these things out to you rather than you do the fact-checking yourself?

The tourism site shows that Pakistanis are currently permitted visitors. Here's the 1952 nationality law and you can see that Pakistan isn't mentioned at all: link

Now, why did I have to point these things out to you rather than you do the fact-checking yourself?

Actually it's you who needs to get your facts correct. You can contact any Israeli embassy and they will tell you Pakistani citizens are prohibited from traveling to Israel because of Israeli law and also Pakistani law. The link you cited is the original 1952 Nationality law (outdated), the Nationality law was amended in 2008 and it included Pakistan as an enemy state along with other Muslim countries.

(Sep 08, 2008) On July 28, 2008, the Knesset (Israel's parliament) passed the Nationality Law (Amendment No. 9, 5768-2008). The amendment regulates the revocation of Israeli citizenship in cases specified by law. The main significance of the amendment is the transfer of the authority to revoke citizenship from the Minister of Interior to the Court of Administrative Matters upon the Minister's request.

A judicial determination is required for a revocation requested by the Minister at the termination of a three-year period from the acquisition of citizenship and in cases where the person subject to the request committed an act that constitutes a "breach of loyalty to the State of Israel." Such a breach is defined as follows: (1) committing, assisting in, or enticing into the commitment of a terrorist act, including taking an active role in the activities of a terrorist organization, as defined by the Prohibition on Financing of Terrorism Law, 5765-2005; (2) committing an act that constitutes treason or aggravated espionage in accordance with the Penal Law, 5737-1977; or (3) acquiring citizenship or a right to permanent residence in a country or an area specified as Iran, Afghanistan, Libya, Sudan, Syria, Iraq, Pakistan, Yemen, and the Gaza Strip. Judicial approval for a revocation is not required within the first three years after acquisition of citizenship, if that acquisition was based on false information.

http://www.knesset.gov.il/Laws/Data/BillKnesset/175/175.pdf

Global Legal Monitor: Israel: Revocation of Citizenship | Global Legal Monitor | Law Library of Congress | Library of Congress

The law also goes on to say how an Israeli court can even convict an Israeli citizen who travels to the aforementioned countries of "breach of loyalty".

Under Israeli law, Pakistan is a designated an enemy state and Israeli citizens may not visit there without a special permit issued by the Israeli Interior Ministry.

Pakistan Christians demand right to visit Israel ucanews.com

Israeli citizens need a special permit to travel to Pakistan and Pakistan forbids citizens from traveling to Israel, perhaps there is an exception for special permits to Israel if the Israeli Interior Ministry approved but I don't think that has ever happened.

Actually it's you who needs to get your facts correct. You can contact any Israeli embassy and they will tell you Pakistani citizens are prohibited -
Tch. Obviously that's something you've never tried. On the other hand, this Pakistani did ask Israeli officials:

I inquired from the Israeli officers about visiting Jerusalem on a Pakistani passport – they said that I could apply for a visa and if it was granted, I could visit. As our passport says that it is not valid for travel to Israel, they would issue a paper visa and put all the entry-exit stamps on that visa.

...the Nationality law was amended in 2008 and it included Pakistan as an enemy state along with -
Your credibility is shot, A1Kaid. You'll have to work to regain it - if you care.

Tch. Obviously that's something you've never tried. On the other hand, this Pakistani did ask Israeli officials:

I inquired from the Israeli officers about visiting Jerusalem on a Pakistani passport – they said that I could apply for a visa and if it was granted, I could visit. As our passport says that it is not valid for travel to Israel, they would issue a paper visa and put all the entry-exit stamps on that visa.

Your credibility is shot, A1Kaid. You'll have to work to regain it - if you care.

The only thing shot is your understanding. I provided you a link to the Library of Congress website that affirms what I said, the law was in fact amended in 2008. Even the knesset website shows that.

they said that I could apply for a visa and if it was granted, I could visit. As our passport says that it is not valid for travel to Israel, they would issue a paper visa and put all the entry-exit stamps on that visa.

Then what's the problem for these Christians if they can get paper visa? Fact is Israel doesn't approve Pakistani entry. Any numbers on how many Pakistanis applied to visit Israel and how many were approved and rejected? It's a two way street as I said originally. Just to learn to accept that its a two way street issue, you never know when you're wrong, that is inherently your flaw.

Back
Top Bottom