What's new

Pakistan central bank will no longer finance government deficit

oh wow

good.

State Bank should not finance these fascist governments anyhow

First of all, you know nothing about BD growth.
Secondly, you know nothing about Pakistanis.
Thirdly, consumer in Pakistan is already stretched beyond what they can bear. Einsteins in Imrans cabinet will try to further already stretched people. And then, the mistrust which Pakistanis already have on each other will show its effects.
Whether Imran is going home or not, but if these policies continued then I am seeing people of Pakistan killing each other on the roads of Pakistan.

I know nothing,
Govt know nothing,
Army know nothing,
Imf know nothing,
State Bank know nothing,
Bangladesh know nothing,
FATF know nothing,

Only @fitpOsitive and noora zardari and ishaq dar know everything.

We should put our differences in the back for Pakistan. I don't sorry many things about PTI but there is many hard reforms that IK is taking for the benifit of Pakistan.
Imran Khan nanga hokar bhi nachlyga tu Pakistan thek nai kerpaeygi. He is simply not that stuff.
Pakistan se pehly Pakistan k logon pe kam ki zaroorat hai. Log onboard aaingy tu khud thek hoga Pakistan.
Naey harami jama kerky aik new party bnai jaey, tu woh sharif party nai hojati.
Laykin, may be you will not understand that, as Imran Khan is great, so woh rahaingy.

Imran Khan nanga hokar bhi nachlyga tu Pakistan thek nai kerpaeygi. He is simply not that stuff.
Pakistan se pehly Pakistan k logon pe kam ki zaroorat hai. Log onboard aaingy tu khud thek hoga Pakistan.
Naey harami jama kerky aik new party bnai jaey, tu woh sharif party nai hojati.
Laykin, may be you will not understand that, as Imran Khan is great, so woh rahaingy.

I agree with you about Pakistanis. People instead of crying everything about govt should first start exporting goods instead of being lazy azz and wanting subsidies on imports.

This would be a very good policy decision.

et al I am tagging to also see what they have to say.

It is certainly a good step, but it will create pressure for the incumbent government. I see two things:

1. If it is a result of deliberate policy discussions, then it means that the government thinks it can manage without resorting to printing currency. It is a good sign.

2. If it is a forced change from IMF, then let us see how long this will last. I can not be an optimist in this case.

I fear that since it is Reza Baqir saying this, it might be #2.

I am not at all sure that PTI-led hybrid regime can adequately handle the underlying malaise.

I agree with you about Pakistanis. People instead of crying everything about govt should first start exporting goods instead of being lazy azz and wanting subsidies on imports.
Its not just about about imports exports, govt non govt , political non political. Its about people. People in general.
Kia karyga Imran akyla.

Question is : who will earn that money. If you have answer for that, then it's OK, if not then do some research. You will know what I am saying.
There are 220 million Pakistanis. Why aren't they earning that money?

The 220 millions who love imported maal and want govt to subsidize it. Learn from Bangladesh, how they are supporting their industries. While our shameless love to pick things out of nothing from local produce.

Well said.

Imran Khan nanga hokar bhi nachlyga tu Pakistan thek nai kerpaeygi.
Imran Khan cannot play cricket
Imran Khan cannot win the world cup
Imran Khan cannot make free cancer hospital
Imran Khan cannot do politics
Imran Khan cannot become PM
Imran Khan cannot fix Pakistan
Non-stop hate and bughaz for Imran Khan goes on and yet he keeps winning, defying all haters and bughaz filled people like you.

I am not at all sure that PTI-led hybrid regime can adequately handle the underlying malaise.
Of course you are not sure since your favorite donkey leader Nawaz Sharif nearly bankrupted the country twice.

A good step in current situation, esp of severe institutional+legislative structural compromise in Pakistan of variety many members over the years have exposed here on forum.

This kind of step though this will likely create problems too (far downstream) in institutional development but that is another story.

Why did it need the IMF to intervene to pressure this change? This is fairly common sense reform to be done long ago for esp consumption reliant economy.

This is one of the "underlying" kind of problems that I was referring to here:

I was just typing the reply as you tagged me heh. Yes its good step...but let us see implementation too. This will help add good pressure to pakistan legislature (and donors/controllers/oligarchs and other status quo benefactors) which had this simple easy route to abuse liquidity. I would be of impression that legislature and related govt organs are more institutionally inept compared to PSB...so it is case of more fair pressure accumulation to effect better change there (in former) by harnessing better professionalism (one would think/hope) of the latter.

It is already implemented since last few months. There are lot of structural changes are happening at the top. But these structural changes will take time to deliver something on ground and that is the core reason of restlessness in masses.

Back
Top Bottom