Pakistan can not sell JF-17: China

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bratva

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The Chinese government did not agree with a proposal from Pakistan for selling JF-17 multi-purpose fighter planes produced by Pakistan and China jointly. Pakistan has received offers for the sale of the planes about four times more than what these planes cost Pakistan. The Chinese have asked Pakistan not to sell the planes before the expiry of 10 years of the production of the same.

The sources revealed that Pakistan’s satellite Pak-One Sat is undergoing lab test as the satellite has been manufactured by Pakistan but it would be launched by China through its rocket in the orbit. The satellite has spent 11 days for tests of various parameters in China and it is likely that it would take seven days further in labs before getting ready for launching, the sources said.

The satellite will be launched on 14th of August this year. Prime Minister Gilani, who visited the Chinese Space Research Academy here on Friday, had visited the site and he was impressed to see advancement of Chinese technology on space. The prime minister also inspected 13 Chinese satellites, which have been prepared in China through its most modern technology for various purposes.

China backs Pak moves to safeguard its security

after 10 years thw world would be moved to 5th generation planes...

The Chinese have asked Pakistan not to sell the planes before the expiry of 10 years of the production of the same. 17

As far as I know , demand for 4th gen fighters would end by 2020 , coz all those countries who are likely to purchase it would have ordered it from china ,and those who are left would have purchased second hand F16 from USA
While countries with decent amount of money would like to purchase Either the gripen or the J10B
Production of High end 4.5 GEN fighters too would end by 2025
with production of Typhoon closing in 2015 without Indian order and that of Su35BM / Su30MKI/J11 ending by 2018
While Rafale Could remain in service till 2024 thanks mainly due to the massive french order of 294 aircrafts and a possible indian order for 200 Aircrafts + a Brazillian order for 36-100 aircrafts

What china seems to be doing is cutting Pakistan out of any possible sales to third nations
Coz like china see s a potential export opportunity for FC1 which could be at more than 150-200 Jets ,
WHICH IT COULD SELL TO THIRD WORLD NATIONS ACROSS AFRICA AND SOUTH AMERICA WHICH HAVE LARGE INVENTORIES OF MIG21

I cant believe it......Pakistan has financed like 60% of the programe and most of the ideas like the DSI,design and stuff was frm our side.......

But maybe it means tht if china sells the jet Pakistan would get the damn profit from the sales.

Strange thing is, that is the jet had not been allowed to be sold, then why show it off to the world or potential buyers at international exhibitions.

farnbrough air show

Zhuhai air show

and in near future, coming to more air shows.

Plus, its the Chinese company, which has invested half of the amount in its making.

Not a credible news, just the same journalistic intellect which we see from time to time in matters related to defence.

Strange thing is, that is the jet had not been allowed to be sold, then why show it off to the world or potential buyers at international exhibitions.

farnbrough air show

Zhuhai air show

Plus, its the Chinese company, which has invested half of the amount in its making.

Not a credible news, just the same journalistic intellect which we see from time to time in matters related to defence.

The Chinese let the Pakistanis do some free advertisement of Chinese products.Its like,if we can give Pakistan a product like this,imagine what else we can do....

Actually, I doubt this fighter is any good. And yes, it is because it is Chinese. If it makes a difference I have pretty much the same view of the Indian LCA. I am all for promoting science and technology in countries like India and China - and hence the development of such fighters should be encouraged. But if the mainstay of my country's air defenses were Indian or Chinese aircraft, I would be pretty worried. I'd much rather have an American or European fighter.

farnbrough air show

Zhuhai air show

There are indicators, that Egypt, African, Bangladesh showed interest initially but later their interest fade away, and since block-2 is on the horizon and still we are not seeing any buyer, this news does arouse doubts in the mind

I think after 10 years no one will want to buy a 4th generation fighter... By that everyone will want to induct 5th generation fighters.

I hear a squadron of JF-17 is already operational.Have they taken part in offensives of FATA??It will be a great moral boost as well as technology showoff for Pakistan

farnbrough air show

Zhuhai air show

Are we talking abt JF17 thunder or any other aircraft...some thing might be different because china made this aircraft for export purpose...Kuch toa parda hai

Nonsense. According to some of China's insider information in CD, it already has customers, and just not announced.

Recent news, where your goods to the point, and then money. The customer also has a good evaluation of FC1/JF17.

There are indicators, that Egypt, African, Bangladesh showed interest initially but later their interest fade away, and since block-2 is on the horizon and still we are not seeing any buyer, this news does arouse doubts in the mind

Engine is the main issue and then the problem that if a more advanced version is gonna be around in a few years time, then why not go for that and wait.

Plus, i do hope you are aware of the situation in Egypt. And as for Bangladesh, they seem to have gotten the Mig-29s.

There are some issues with JF-17s which need to be rectified, especially the engine issue, before it has good chance of getting export orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom