What's new

Pakistan breaks record for highest number of cars sold in a month

Delhi
Transport

Karachi
Nearly 475,000 vehicles registered in 16 months, PA told - Newspaper - DAWN.COM

If you still have 88 lakh vehivle on road means people are still driving cars made before World war I

Lol , what you know about Delhi NCR ! Have you saw the link which you posted which shows more than 84 lakhs vehicle ?

6% rise in vehicular population in Delhi | Zee News

The city carrying about 2.5 million passengers/day by Delhi metro and that's is 1/3rd of lahore population buddy.

At least you people are lucky as you don't have huge vehicle population like face in delhi.There were 88.27 lakh vehicles, including 27,90,566 cars and jeeps, during 2014-15 while in 2013-14, the vehicular population was 82.58 lakh.

About 2 year time delhi vehicle population will come about a massive 10 million.

What is the car population in karachi/lahore ?

why can't you guys use the internationally accepted thousand, million and billion units ? and put commas after every three digits ?

I'm tired of Indian articles saying fifty thousand crores blah blah.....two hundred lakh blah blah....why can't you guys use a billion for every 100 crore and 10 million for every crore and put the commas in the right place? Is it that hard ?

This is what it should be :

"There were 8.827 million cars, including 2,790,566 cars and jeeps. "

And to answer your question, the total car population in whole of pakistan is somewhere around a few million.

why can't you guys use the internationally accepted thousand, million and billion units ? and put commas after every three digits ?

I'm tired of Indian articles saying fifty thousand crores blah blah.....two hundred lakh blah blah....why can't you guys use a billion for every 100 crore and 10 million for every crore and put the commas in the right place? Is it that hard ?

This is what it should be :

"There were 8.827 million cars, including 2,790,566 cars and jeeps. "

And to answer your question, the total car population in whole of pakistan is somewhere around a few million.

This is like saying why can't chinese or japanese display board majority in english in china/japan? We also talk about millions and billions, but it is easy for us to say figures like 2.5 lakhs instead like 250 thousand.We are not like blind followers of western standards.

This is not good, on already crowded streets on Karachi and Lahore.
Well western industry analysts will not see like that. They compare it with cars per number of ppl. So less cars means more sales potential.
Automobile industry of Pakistan => selling garbage to Pakistanis at exorbitant prices for atleast two decades now.
Thats how they make money :D. The car that is shown in the picture was one of the most selling cars in india before 1995's after that it got eclipsed by better cars. Home grown industry is the way forward.

Last edited:
I would urge Pakistanis to stop buying junk at exorbitant prices.

Pakistan definitely needs an investment friendly and competition inducing auto policy.

Well western industry analysts will not see like that. They compare it with cars per number of ppl. So less cars means more sales potential.

Thats how they make money :D. The car that is shown in the picture was one of the most selling cars in india before 1995's after that it got eclipsed by better cars. Home grown industry is the way forward.

The bolan of pakistan looks like 1984 Suzuki Omni in India.I have seen many videos of pakistan which the people use bikes which is exactly looks same as that of those Honda's,suzuki's on indian roads in 80's and early 90's.

I think these companies are still making big profit from pakistan with these decades old model vehicles.Unfortunate that customers still can't enjoy brand new models and the likes of VW,Renault,Ford,BMW,Benz etc....

Lol , what you know about Delhi NCR ! Have you saw the link which you posted which shows more than 84 lakhs vehicle ?

6% rise in vehicular population in Delhi | Zee News

The city carrying about 2.5 million passengers/day by Delhi metro and that's is 1/3rd of lahore population buddy.

you should compare yourself with China, you are in the wrong forum
or maybe it makes you feel good about your otherwise lack luster country by comparing yourself with a country 1/10th your size which according to your media is just about to go broke and broken in to pieces. by comparing Delhi with Lahore which is 1/3rd the size of delhi.,...how about Delhi Vs. Shanghai, or Mumbai Vs Beijing

The bolan of pakistan looks like 1984 Suzuki Omni in India.I have seen many videos of pakistan which the people use bikes which is exactly looks same as that of those Honda's,suzuki's on indian roads in 80's and early 90's.

I think these companies are still making big profit from pakistan with these decades old model vehicles.Unfortunate that customers still can't enjoy brand new models and the likes of VW,Renault,Ford,BMW,Benz etc....
Yes it is the same, its modeled after "Daihatsu Hijet" which was designed in 1971.
The irony is that suzuki is market leader only in those countries where no other big car manufacturers are present. Suzuki is more famous for bikes than for cars. Suzuki is peddling these same ancient designs across all the markets to hapless customers and making good money.

By the way India is no better, we are still far away from markets like USA where air bags, ebd are mandatory. It is something like USA > India > Pakistan > Afghanistan :D. Even in India import duties for car is higher ie 100%. Guess who is vocal supporter of this duty regime now? The foreign companies themselves as they invested a money building plants they dont want competition from cheaper imports.

You are like a neighbourhood kid bragging.... mere abba ki suzuki mehran itti badhiya hai...it has got xyz features..... and then your padosi comes driving with his spanking new Merc.:chilli:

Yes I'm sure every delhiite owns 4 limos,6 hummers and 3 lambo's each..

P.S; now piss off this thread had nothing to do with india or indians... Retarded bharati troll.

So you accept Pakistani cities are nothing in comparison to Indian cities.

Boy, I love the way you guys quote ur Chini abba huzoor every time you guys cant defend your country!
you should compare yourself with China, you are in the wrong forum
or maybe it makes you feel good about your otherwise lack luster country by comparing yourself with a country 1/10th your size which according to your media is just about to go broke and broken in to pieces. by comparing Delhi with Lahore which is 1/3rd the size of delhi.,...how about Delhi Vs. Shanghai, or Mumbai Vs Beijing

You are like a neighbourhood kid bragging.... mere abba ki suzuki mehran itti badhiya hai...it has got xyz features..... and then your padosi comes driving with his spanking new Merc.:chilli:
no more trolling.

Good work but it will make havoc in traffic jamms
Right!

One car average length = 4 meters
Cars sold in 2014-15 = 150,000
If all cars are placed bumper to bumper, total road space needed = 150,000 X 4 = 600,000 meters

Or 600km of extra road space required to accommodate all these cars produced in the last one year alone!! How many kms of road have been built in 2014-15?

Therefore, at this rate you're in for a huge gridlock, unless you start making more roads!!! And I haven't even started on the availability of parking space!

But then, I'm unaware of how many cars were exported during the same period and thus not driven on Pakistan's roads.

Or 600km of extra road space required to accommodate all these cars produced in the last one year alone!! How many kms of road have been built in 2014-15?
The cars are bought in urban areas in higher numbers then rural areas. Thus the number of roads does not really matter. Also we are a net importer of cars with many cars imported in Pakistan.

But then, I'm unaware of how many cars were exported during the same period and thus not driven on Pakistan's roads.
Zero as far as I know.

The cars are bought in urban areas in higher numbers then rural areas. Thus the number of roads does not really matter. Also we are a net importer of cars with many cars imported in Pakistan.
Well, there is a point. In order to accommodate all newly inducted cars, you surely need to expand the roads, not necessarily in length but in breadth for if you fail to do that, it will only result in longer painfully traffic jams.

Well, there is a point. In order to accommodate all newly inducted cars, you surely need to expand the roads, not necessarily in length but in breadth for if you fail to do that, it will only result in longer painfully traffic jams.
The length and breadth are nearly maxed out in most areas, how much more can one expand roads.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom