Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhai Zakir

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Pakistan Blocks Mobile Phone Service To Thwart Terror Attacks During Eid

Mobile phone services have been restored in a number of Pakistani cities following a decision by the national government to suspend such communications on the eve of the Eid-ul Fitr celebration in order to thwart terrorists from conducting terror attacks.

Mobile phone services have been restored in a number of Pakistani cities following a decision by the national government to suspend such communications on the eve of the Eid-ul Fitr celebration in order to thwart terrorists from conducting terror attacks.

Cell phones went blank in Karachi, Lahore, Quetta, Multan and some other cities for several hours from 8 p.m Sunday into Monday mid-morning.

Pakistani authorities feared that militants would use mobile service to coordinate attacks or detonate a remote-controlled bomb.

Interior Minister Rehman Malik said over the weekend that the government was particularly concerned that militants, including those affiliated with the Taliban and al Qaeda, might use the high-profile festival that marks the end of the Ramadan holiday to plan deadly strikes in Punjab (which includes Lahore) and Sindh (which includes the capital, Karachi).

“The Punjab government has requested us to suspend cell-phone service in some parts of the province, but we think it should also be made temporarily inoperative in sensitive areas of Baluchistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Sindh, because terrorists usually use mobile phones in their acts of terrorism,” he said on Sunday.

Pakistan Blocks Mobile Phone Service To Thwart Terror Attacks During Eid - International Business Times

http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/08/21/233362.html

I am sure that pakistani friends who were posting interesting views on this thread:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/member...e-than-250-web-sites-inciting-hate-panic.html

Will have very amusing views in this thread.

They attach cell phone with explosive and use it as detonator....On intel if they turn off mobile signals which meant it cannot be detonated... And security forces will find them without so much problem.......

So what does that have to do with India Blocking sites??????

I took it as a serious joke with people of Pakistan.
WTF is wrong with interior minister and other LEAs?
People have been suffering from road blocks due to VIP movement and now they started suspending mobile services in the name of security.
I have a question
If militants wanted to explode these IEDs using mobile services why there was a time frame ? 2000 hrs to 1200hrs?
Militants changed their mind ?:))

Soon people of Pakistan will be pushed back to stone age. (Seems)

They attach cell phone with explosive and use it as detonator....On intel if they turn off mobile signals which meant it cannot be detonated... And security forces will find them without so much problem.......

1. So, the terrorist was planning to use them as detonators for just one day???? :what:

2. They will not use them ever??????

3. By ur logic pak should block mobile phones forever because terrorists can used them as detonators :eek:

So what does that have to do with India Blocking sites??????

Hippocrasy and double standards.

If pak govt. do something or chinese govt. blocks millions of web pages its ok with the pakistanis but they have problem with India blocking just 250 webpages compared to the millions by the chinese or thousands by the pak govt.:sick::tdown:

1. So, the terrorist was planning to use them as detonators for just one day???? :what:

2. They will not use them ever?????? :woot:

3. By ur logic pak should block mobile phones forever because terrorists can used them as detonators :eek:

Hippocrasy and double standards.

If pak govt. do something or chinese govt. blocks millions of web pages its ok with the pakistanis but they have problem with India blocking just 250 webpages compared to the millions by the chinese or thousands by the pak govt.:sick::tdown:
Genius.....

Such decision are taken on INTEL...... Not everything is told in media.... I am pretty sure after Signal blocking they surely find and disabled many planted IEDs... Its same as blocking media transmission or delaying media transmission during a military operation.

2ndly. Blocking signal for 1 day to avoid deaths and stopping Freedom of speech by blocking sites are two different matters......

But i am glad you posted that in 1st post ....>Now we know this thread is opened with intention of troll nothing else......

PPP government should be banned and PPP regime should be shot dead publicly in Pakistan I BET everything will be fine :D

Interior Minister indicated ending prepaid phones as miscreants planned using them in terror bids.

He informed terrorists planned to use them in attacks.

While talking to media in Islamabad Rehman Malik informed blocking mobile phone service helped foiling terror attempts.

He said the final decision in this regard will be taken after consultations. He added that through controlling unregistered Sims, terrorism could be controlled. Three agencies are investigating the attack on Kamra airbase, he informed.

Dunya News: Pakistan:-Malik mulls ending prepaid phone service...

Good job by Intel. Time for terrorists to go back to good ol' time bombs. :lol:

There was intel that something might happen through mobile detonators, specifically in Quetta and Sindh. So that is why mobiles were turned off.

And the mobiles went off late at night, and returned around noon the following day (eid day). Hardly 15 hours or so. The thought was to keep the eid prayers safe.

Big difference between blocking sites permanently and turning off mobile phones for hours as a precaution based on intel.

One of the proposals I've seen is to remove pre-paid service and stick to post paid.

Post paid requires a more personal consumer-provider relationship than pre-paid and hence it would be hard to get away with a post-paid service.

But infrastructure should be strong is inconvenience can be reduced. For example in many countries there is a concept of direct debit. That should be brought in Pakistan. Banking should be made common, credit card payments, payment machines, etc.

One of the proposals I've seen is to remove pre-paid service and stick to post paid.

Post paid requires a more personal consumer-provider relationship than pre-paid and hence it would be hard to get away with a post-paid service.

But infrastructure should be strong is inconvenience can be reduced. For example in many countries there is a concept of direct debit. That should be brought in Pakistan. Banking should be made common, credit card payments, payment machines, etc.

What if this action had NOTHING to do with the terror alert..
and instead has to do with commission?
Ive thrown a curve ball in here, but the maximum revenue made by these mobile service providers is during eid.
What if there was an x amount asked by voldemort..and it was not agreed upon.. which led to a reprisal of having the services shut off causing millions of rupees worth of loss to these companies??

btw.. A Chinese company will be the first to get a 3G licence in Pakistan.. thanks to a meeting in Voldemorts house.

Don't know about other places, but the Balochistan CM called , well his secretary called, Rehman Malik, well, his secretary, that CM wants phones to be off on 14 August and eid. Rehman Malik's ego woke up, and a little argument erupted between the ego of Raisani and Rehman Malik.

Now i don't know if Raisani had some commission as well?

Don't know about other places, but the Balochistan CM called , well his secretary called, Rehman Malik, well, his secretary, that CM wants phones to be off on 14 August and eid. Rehman Malik's ego woke up, and a little argument erupted between the ego of Raisani and Rehman Malik.

Now i don't know if Raisani had some commission as well?

The phones never really went offline..
They were off and on throughout the day.. during peak hours
Moreover...if you wanted the phones to be off, you dont announce it..

In any case.. This is a curve ball thrown at me by a certain individual.. so I threw it here.
Maybe it was a terror alert...
maybe not.

The phones never really went offline..
They were off and on throughout the day.. during peak hours
Moreover...if you wanted the phones to be off, you dont announce it..

Yeah, maybe. That is what was puzzling, there was never a complete shutdown.

Phones were down in some areas of Rwp/Isl, while not in some others.

And Rehman Malik even said today that this experiment was successful. I don't know how he said that, because do they have a record that this much attacks were foiled? It could be that no terrorist planned an attack on Eid day, hence no bomb blast. Same as today or many other days.

Ab har roz to bumb nhn phatta na.

In any case.. This is a curve ball thrown at me by a certain individual.. so I threw it here.
Maybe it was a terror alert...
maybe not.

Knowing the Pak politics, your curve ball might have taken a wicket!

My personal thought is that it was in aftermath of Kamra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom