What's new

Pakistan becomes first associate member of CERN from Asia

Refer to post #8.....and do a bit of research yourself on what CERN does and what is their objective.....
But don't get me wrong, I actually support Pakistan's association with CERN as indicated in post #18.
I get your idea mate but the thing is we have proved that we do have top notch minds amongst us despite all what our country has gone through. As far as religion goes people like me who have logical minds and want to think out of the box know that a system prevalent 1400 years ago isn't a safe bet in the modern times.

You are a bad mutation in gene pool.......

Beware, the purpose/objective of CERN is in direct conflict with Islamic teachings......

Dude, we have been members since the very beginning...... it's just a different kind of membership.......... now don't start asking more questions, go read stuff.....

Didn't pakistanis claim to be CERN members before too?I remember seeing a thread like that on this forum before I registered.
So is it more "manufactured" news?

Well India is setting up its own particle physics lab. Its a moment of pride to be capable of doing something like that on our own. Good Luck Pakistan, hope you can one day implement the same in your soil after all the learnings you are going to get there.

@oFFbEAT
why Indians always spreading hate, none of them being seen as Logical pussies... ;)

well u dear aff beat, i think its better for u to b off of the Beat.. coz u have to modify u.. (not abt ur PM Modi) , as our concept of existence is a human Being is created by a drop, so the creation of this universe is also a like human being as human being also exist of millions of Galaxies in his body, so regarding this universe, when Allah Almighty said "Kun Fayakun" (Ho ja) , then it happened in less than millionth of a second... by a small particle again like a drop, that banged in to billions...

Well done Team #Pakistan, who worked their restlessly on time of #Cern's #Higsbosson's experiment, where Pakistani Engineers, and apparatus was at place.. and also relentless efforts by #PAEC....

its a natural fact that endians are not happy on this decision of CERN council, as #india was also the part of Hig bosson's experiment.. but pakistan's efforts are far more and better than India's as they are being recognized....

its a natural fact that endians are not happy on this decision of CERN council, as #india was also the part of Hig bosson's experiment.. but pakistan's efforts are far more and better than India's as they are being recognized....

Cut it Dude!! India is associated with CERN since 1970s. The core software and Hardware your scientists are going to work on is Indian and the thing which you are going to learn about is named after an eminent Indian scientist. So your argument on the CERN recognition part is answered. Now India is setting up its own Lab to study this, if we can do that on our own just like China and Japan who have their own observatories in their country then we are way above your team there.

Software yes....... hardware no (core)........ btw, Pakistan's contribution to Particle Physics is second to none......... you can start naming eminent Indian scientists involved in particle physics, and I can bet you that there is a Pakistani out there who will be more than a match.....

In short, stop comparing..... us not building our very own PA, has nothing to do with limited talent, we are cash strapped.... nothing more.....

Cut it Dude!! India is associated with CERN since 1970s. The coresoftware and Hardware your scientists are going to work on is Indian and the thing which you are going to learn about is named after an eminent Indian scientist. So your argument on the CERN recognition part is answered. Now India is setting up its own Lab to study this, if we can do that on our own just like China and Japan who have their own observatories in their country then we are way above your team there.

Since noone was able to find direct info of Pakistani participation:

In 1994, CERN and the government of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan signed a Co-operation Agreement concerning the development of scientific and technical cooperation in the research projects of CERN. This agreement was followed by the signature of several protocols and today Pakistan contributes to the four LHC experiments: ALICE, ATLAS, CMS and LHCb as well as accelerator projects such as CLIC/CTF3 and LINAC4, making Pakistan a significant partner for CERN. For CMS, Pakistan built the Magnet feet, contributed to the Tracker alignment, and built and installed 320 Resistive Plate Chambers (RPC), as well as contributing to CMS computing, the WLCG and data analysis operating one of the Tier-2 Centres. Pakistan has also built various mechanical components for ATLAS and for the LHC.

Co-operation with the Pakistan Institute of Nuclear Science and Technology Nuclear Engineering Division (PINSTECH) in the area of radioprotection is being organized. Several high-level Pakistani officials have visited CERN, including President Musharraf in January 2006.

Discussions are on-going with Commission on Science and Technology for sustainable development (COMSATS) for the setting up of a version of the CERN physics teachers programme in Islamabad.

Number of CERN users
18 (January 2014)

CERN contact
R. Voss

Participation in CERN Experiments
ALICE, ATLAS, CMS, LHCb

Participation in CERN Accelerator Projects
CLIC/CTF3, LINAC4

WLCG Participation
Tier-2 centre

Pakistan

Mind you, that still doesn't say about becoming a member, just history....

Last edited:
CERN Website doesn't mention associate member states? Not even a complete list of memeber states.

Last edited:
Since noone was able to find direct info of Pakistani participation:

Pakistan

Mind you, that still doesn't say about becoming a member, just history....

I dont understand what you are trying to prove.. Well I can share links aswell
India

Software yes....... hardware no (core)........ btw, Pakistan's contribution to Particle Physics is second to none......... you can start naming eminent Indian scientists involved in particle physics, and I can bet you that there is a Pakistani out there who will be more than a match.....

In short, stop comparing..... us not building our very own PA, has nothing to do with limited talent, we are cash strapped.... nothing more.....

Sorry to burst your bubble, but India has contributions to core hardware..

One of the main components of the CERN hardware is the mind boggling 8,000 tonne magnet, heavier than the Eiffel tower that was made with Indian contributions.

Not to forget the millions of electronic chips made in Chandigarh and of course the Indian made hydraulic stands that support the tunnel, which is like the "biggest fridge in the world"

Let me also mention what CERN spokes person Paolo Giubellino, said "India is like a historic father of the project"

I dont have time to name Ill, I can provide you a link.. Start reading from the 6th page and you will know our Core Hardware contributions.

Indian Participation In CERN Accelerator Programmes

Last edited:
Pakistan's application for CERN Associate Membership accepted
June 21, 2014
RECORDER REPORT

The General Council of European Centre of Nuclear Research (CERN) in its meeting held on June 19, accepted Pakistan's application for Associate Membership of CERN. The Centre is one of the world's leading scientific organisations conducting research on high energy particle physics since 1954.

Pakistan is the first Asian country to become an Associate Member of the Organisation. The only two other Associate Members of CERN are Turkey and Serbia.

Pakistan had formally applied for Associate Membership in February 2013. In October 2013, the CERN Council had responded favourably to Pakistan's Associate Membership and as a first step had sent a Task Force of experts to visit Pakistan earlier this year to scrutinise the application in greater detail. The team had favourably supported Pakistan's credentials for Associate Membership.

Pakistan has a two decade long history of collaboration with CERN that began with the signing of a Cooperation Agreement in 1994. Since then, Pakistan has carried out a number of successful projects for CERN involving a variety of technical disciplines with sophisticated technologies and precision engineering science including the manufacture of various equipment and components of CERN's Large Hadron Collider (LHC) and associated experiments. Numerous Pakistani scientists, engineers and technicians have undertaken research opportunities at CERN and are contributing inter alia to the repair, maintenance and upgradation of the LHC.

With the new status of Associate Member of CERN, Pakistan looks forward to benefiting from and contributing more intensively to the increasingly innovative and challenging initiatives in science and technology. Deeper involvement with CERN will bring long term benefits to the people of Pakistan and contribute to the country's socio-economic development in line with the priorities of the government.

Pakistan's Associate Membership of CERN is recognition of our scientists working in various sectors related to civilian uses of nuclear technology.-PR

Pakistan's application for CERN Associate Membership accepted | Business Recorder

CONGRATULATIONS TO PAKISTAN.

Must make the most out of it.

Great and with that we can make steps on becoming full members. This shows how far our nuclear physics research has come and how much progress we are making even with those low funds and with all the problems we are facing. INSHALLAH things will quite down and we will boost towards prosperity.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom