What's new

Pakistan as Peacemaker in the world

lol!, My maternal Uncle is also in Peacekeeping force not because he wants peace all over world, But he get good money......

He was posted in African countries and made good money..

Its all about money, stop chest thumping..
hmmm...I dont see people answering this way when American army is used for UN peacekeeping then its about security :coffee:

Pakistan Army is having a highest number of soldiers in UN peace keeping forve than any other country, performing the duties as peacekeepers in the world.

136 Pakistani soldiers have been martyred while wearing the blue helmets of the UN.

:pakistan:
Sorry mate instead of making peace in the world start with making it home. Karachi? charity begins at home as we say in the west.

hmmm...I dont see people answering this way when American army is used for UN peacekeeping then its about security :coffee:
Yes but they dont start threads with peacemaker in the world :D.....there is nothing wrong in being patriotic but ...

I think Pakistan, India and Bangladesh contribute a huge numbers in UN peace keeping force.......

only thing wrong is,put the thing as it is,wont you feel the heading is misleading.
not if you view it with a set of narrow eyes...

so what did you expect when you saw this title? its BBC reporting Pakistan as a peacekeeper....

Plus do tell me what are you ideas and what should be called of people who stayed back after the war instead of just waving the usual bye bye and stayed back, sleeping with creepy crawlies while help build parks for the kids?

not if you view it with a set of narrow eyes...

so what did you expect when you saw this title? its BBC reporting Pakistan as a peacekeeper....

Plus do tell me what are you ideas and what should be called of people who stayed back after the war instead of just waving the usual bye bye and stayed back, sleeping with creepy crawlies while help build parks for the kids?
Exactly if one opens the eyes then one might see the same things being done others as well,they are all great people.

Exactly if one opens the eyes then one might see the same things being done others as well,they are all great people.
Well then what was your problem with the title? I asked what did you expect when you saw the title? Why do you think it is wrong?

there is nothing wrong in being patriotic but ...

only thing wrong is,put the thing as it is,wont you feel the heading is misleading.
Why did you say these ^^

First of all tell me is UN a peacemaker in the world?
you first tell me what do you define it as? I have personal opinions but show me articles or proof that state otherwise...pick up any normal article and read what it says...

Since its establishment more than six decades ago, the United Nations has played a preeminent role in the peaceful resolution of armed conflict around the world.

UN peacemaking flourished in the decade following the end of the Cold War, as many longstanding armed conflicts were brought to an end through political negotiated settlements often brokered and implemented with strong United Nations involvement.

The organization remains highly active in this field today, working increasingly in partnership with regional organizations in order to bring ongoing conflicts to an end, and to prevent new crises from emerging or escalating.

United Nations Department of Political Affairs - Peacemaking and Conflict Prevention

you first tell me what do you define it as? I have personal opinions but show me articles or proof that state otherwise...pick up any normal article and read what it says...

haha..... I asked your opinion. ;)

Peacekeeper to Peacemaker: U.N. Confronting New Roles

Peacekeeper to Peacemaker: U.N. Confronting New Roles - New York Times

PEACEKEEPING, PEACEMAKING, AND Kashmir and Palestine. Although not specifically mentioned in the UN Charter, the use of such forces as a buffer between warring parties pending troop withdrawals and negotiations—a practice known as peacekeeping—was formalized in 1956 during the Suez Crisis between Egypt, Israel, France, and the United Kingdom. Peacekeeping missions have taken many forms, though they have in common the fact that they are designed to be peaceful, that they involve military troops from several countries, and that the troops serve under the authority of the UN Security Council. In 1988 the UN Peacekeeping Forces were awarded the Nobel Prize for Peace.

United Nations (UN) (international organization) :: Peacekeeping, peacemaking, and peace building -- Encyclopedia Britannica

Ok now your turn!

haha..... I asked your opinion. ;)
I dont give opinions without backing it up...

lol!, My maternal Uncle is also in Peacekeeping force not because he wants peace all over world, But he get good money......

He was posted in African countries and made good money..

Its all about money, stop chest thumping..
100% spot on! No one goes there for keeping world peace!! Such noble ideas are for the birds. It's all about the money - individual as well as the foreign exchange earned by the country.

And isn't it ironical that Pakistanis are sent to 'keep peace' abroad when there's no peace in their own country? Strange world we live in, what? :cheesy:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom