What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

Money? or just supply chain issues?
In past problem was mostly related to funding of project, there was phase of two consecutive years when not a single Al-Khalid tank was produced, while from 2009-2015 only 24 AK were produced.

VT4 costs $5mln a pop, we produce 2 AK-1s for that much money as each costs us around 2.6 mln. Oplot lost in trials so no chance for them. VT4 doesnt offer any significant benefit apart from the fact that it can be procured early. More AZs and t-80ud, 85 UPG will serve PA well for now.
But how do you rate AK-I and II vis-a-vis VT-4

New VT-4 is equipped with FY-4 ERA:
微信图片_20200420230122.jpg
微信图片_20200420230116.jpg
aa725855gy1ge0i9pm6m5j21o00u0qv6.jpg

No idea.
It is said that the new upgrade of VT-4 is according to the requirements of unspecified countries in the Middle East...

Middle East are you sure ? Because this camouflage is not very common in ME ... remind me Moroccan VT1A camouflage personally. Can you verify if it is really for ME , or north africa. Thanks.

You sure this one is for Pakistan? The camouflage looks more for Nigeria.

Wow, you must have "bionic eyes" installed in your head to be to able to just look at a camouflage and know for sure it is for "nigeria'. What an accomplishment.

Wow, you must have "bionic eyes" installed in your head to be to able to just look at a camouflage and know for sure it is for "nigeria'. What an accomplishment.
You didn't know recently a batch of VT-4 has shipped to Nigeria? Nigeria is confirmed the second customer to buy VT-4. This maybe the second batch shipped to them.

Middle East or Pakistan will most likely uses desert sand camouflage.

as per last news reports about VT-4 testing in Pakistan, it clear the all the trials but it seems PA has drop the induction of new tank due to shortage of funds .....
Any idea how much one costs?

Back
Top Bottom