What's new

Pakistan Army testing MBT-3000 next moth ?

two hungry men walk through the forest when suddenly a deer comes up.
one says,"good,we can roast it".
the other says,"no,we should make meat stew"
they qurrelled a while,and the deer run away.

Whatever the name is, it's open to debate. My point is: no one can make a modern tank overnight. The Indian Arjun is a good demonstration. The Chinese also went a long way in developing its MBT and finally offered a tank which you can say is close to the modern Western tank standard in many ways at the time. PA benefited greatly from the JV with China who had transferred the whole technology to Pakistan. But JV means both sides should benefit from it. It's all very natural that no Chinese company will do it free of charge. I'm not saying China has offered Pakistan the most advanced tank in the world or has transferred to Pakistan the state of art tank technology. That's certainly not the truth. But no matter how you are not satisfied with the performance of it. You have to buy it because you do not have it. You can improve it by replacing all of the components or whatever you like. But it won't be free of charge just because you are not happy with it. Is this so hard to accept? I don't know why some abroad Pakistani members here have gone so crazy about it? I think maybe the Western anti-Chinese propaganda has done a great job in this...

"And donot start me on, what Pakistan has given in terms of its contribution to western and Pakistani own technology to China. China got MBT 2000 out of this JV project which it sells to other nations."
That's the most shameless word I have ever heard from a Pakistani. What kind of an animal dare to say these words?

The point is that JV meant that the project financed and worked by both nations ... Basically it was a chinese technology , almost all of the things are chinese (including design , tech).and Pakistan benefited a lot from it . I am not arguing that whether china has benefited from Pakistan or not ?? China is far more advance than Pakistan ....

My point is that License production is different thing than Joint venture.. and License fee paid on License production
in JV country is not liable to pay license fee for each unit they make ... in JV the interested parties only contributed finance to R&D and setup cost

The point is that JV meant that the project financed and worked by both nations ... Basically it was a chinese technology , almost all of the things are chinese (including design , tech).and Pakistan benefited a lot from it . I am not arguing that whether china has benefited from Pakistan or not ?? China is far more advance than Pakistan ....

My point is that License production is different thing than Joint venture.. and License fee paid on License production
in JV country is not liable to pay license fee for each unit they make ... in JV the interested parties only contributed finance to R&D and setup cost

i urge you and others not to speak on things you have little or clue about. The design was made by pakistani engineers (P-90 or Alkhalid)

i urge you and others not to speak on things you have little or clue about. The design was made by pakistani engineers (P-90 or Alkhalid)
If al khalid is Pakistani design, why Pakistan let China to sell VT1A(export version of mbt2000) to other countries( sri lanka, bangladesh, burma, morocco etc..)?? Pakistan was totally out of picture in that sales..
Everybody knows the reality..

i
If al khalid is Pakistani design, why Pakistan let China to sell VT1A(export version of mbt2000) to other countries( sri lanka, bangladesh, burma, morocco etc..)?? Pakistan was totally out of picture in that sales..
Everybody knows the reality..
the issue was taken care off in IDEAS 2012, IF it was solely a chinese project, why would they sign the agreement.

I think we can call MBT3000 as AL-ll;)
Al Khalid II is different Tank MBT-3000 is different

What are your sources saying about MBT-3000 tests started what is the situation ?

i

the issue was taken care off in IDEAS 2012, IF it was solely a chinese project, why would they sign the agreement.
That agreement is for al khalid 1.. Same time they produced mbt3000(VT4) upgraded mbt2000 exclusively for selling.. What this means??

We should wait for now tests to complete and for IDEX 2014 one thing is clear that Al Khalid II and MBT-3000 are not same Tank so the only question which I think IDEX 2014 is if we are going order MBT-3000 along with Al Khalid II

Why can't we call the tank like Pakistani Sounding Name

Like Sultan Tank , or Janbaz 2 or Khaternak1

I am tired of the really Arabic sounding names

Or Plain and Simple

"Zuberdust Tank"

It would be nice if there was a performance improvement matrix of some kind shared so we know what elements improved since last version

Last edited:
Why can't we call the tank like Pakistani Sounding Name

Like Sultan Tank , or Janbaz 2 or Khaternak1

I am tired of the really Arabic sounding names

Or Plain and Simple

"Zuberdust Tank"

It would be nice if there was a performance improvement matrix of some kind shared so we know what elements improved since last version

Well Haider is a very common and beautiful name in Pakistan. and Al Haider closely aligns nicely to Nishan-e- Haider, it revives and reminds the spirit of Nishan-e-Haider...how lovely.

That agreement is for al khalid 1.. Same time they produced mbt3000(VT4) upgraded mbt2000 exclusively for selling.. What this means??

no mbt3000 (vt4) or the next heavily customized al-haider tank is DIFFERENT from AK-1 or mbt2000. They are two different classes and types.

Last edited:
Can we get rid of the "Al" Al together ....

How about Haider Tank (HT-Type1) by now it should be fairly clear that no Arab country will buy any stuff from us

Can we get rid of the "Al" Al together ....

How about Haider Tank (HT-Type1) by now it should be fairly clear that no Arab country will buy any stuff from us

Muslims have same relation with Arabic like Arabs and this basically relates to our roots to Islam

Back
Top Bottom