What's new

Pakistan Army successfully rescue stranded mountaineers

Pakistani Army is really professional and proficient at high altitude rescue. This is very interesting because in the UK whilst we do have a civilian mountain rescue and civil (coast guard) which is outsourced to a private US company, our military SAR capacity is very limited mainly to CSAR.

I have been watching a few videos of rescue operations by Pakistan army at 6000+ meters and am very impressed by their professionalism.

I found this video of the No.5 Aviation Sqdn (Army Aviation). Very informative, very impressive.

Hi,

Stranded at 19000 ft---that is very suspicious. I think the man in front wanted publicity.
He was climbing Nanga Parbat no one wants publicity from a mountain known as the Killer Mountain. He would have climbed some random peak and raised the white flag.

He was climbing Nanga Parbat no one wants publicity from a mountain known as the Killer Mountain. He would have climbed some random peak and raised the white flag.
Hi,

Agreed---but 19000 ft---. Was there a BLIZZARD---injury---bad judgement---taking too high a risk---???

Simple pulmonary edema can be a dire emergency, not to mention many other causes.
It could be none of the above. Perhaps they lost the will to either climb up or descend and needed assistance.
Hi,

Agreed---but 19000 ft---. Was there a BLIZZARD---injury---bad judgement---taking too high a risk---???
Most probably hypoxia caused them HACE high-altitude cerebral edema.

He is explaining it here https://www.instagram.com/p/CfvsBHsIQuy/?hl=en

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom