What's new

Pakistan army had begun test on MBT 3000

帅的一匹

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
Reliable source from China that PA had begun it's test on MBT 3000. Mounted with RCWS, third generation heat imaging device, 125mm Gun designed for launching Anti armor missle PG7(tandem heat body, effective range 5KM,Penetration RHA240/68 degree),1300 horse power diesel engine. Active counter system like GL5 on Type 99g could also choosed to mount on MBT 3000. MBT 3000 is the best platform China's got for export, PA will be the first client as expected. The overall weight is controlled at 52 tons means it can pass bridges and road in most part of Pakistan. As long as PA get it, you can effectively deal with T90.

Congratulation, another cooperation milestone for China and Pakistan.

Reliable source from China that PA had begun it's test on MBT 3000. Mounted with RCWS, third generation heat imaging device, 125mm Gun designed for launching Anti armor missle PG7(tandem heat body, effective range 5KM,Penetration RHA240/68 degree,1300 horse power diesel engine. Active counter system like GL5 on Type 99g could also choosed to mount on MBT 3000. MBT 3000 is the best platform China's got for export, PA will be the first client as expected. The overall weight is controlled at 52 tons means it can pass bridges and road in most part of Pakistan. As long as PA get it, you van effectively deal with T90.
Well that is really good thing but for T-90 we have AL-KHALID I which we would show in IDEX 2014. Where are tests being done ?

Well that is really good thing but for T-90 we have AL-KHALID I which we would show in IDEX 2014. Where are tests being done ?
Some where in China with Norinco, maybe in the north west.

Desert area

Type 09 wheeled infantry vehicle also under test.

MBT 3000 is at least one generation ahead of MBT 2000, PA need it to deter T90.

This is good news. PA also needs to counter the Israeli anti-tank missiles sold to IA.

We know it already under the code name of 'Haider Tank' in Pakistan, it is the same MBT 3000 / VT4...but MBT 3000 needs lot of upgrades especially the Armour system, and mobility.

:pakistan::china:
As to armor level, it depends on how much PA is gonna pay for it. As to mobility, it can move 70 KM/ hour. When it drives at the speed of 42 KM/ hour, it could last 500KM in one go.

Hmm.

I do it, it's an overweight behemoth, which can't fight.

You do it, it's contemporary technology, weight controlled.

Fascinating.
Please don't make it a dick measuring thread, MBT3000 is way beyond Arjun.

Last edited:
As to armor level, it depends on how much PA is gonna pay for it. As to mobility, it can move 70 KM/ hour. When it drives at the speed of 42 KM/ hour, it could last 500KM in one go.

Please don't make it a dick measuring thread, MBT3000 is way beyond Arjun.

I'm sure, I'm sure.

What makes it totally convincing is the simple assertion that it is way beyond Arjun. That proves it beyond doubt. No need to discuss it further, now that you've informed us where the matter lies.

My comment, incidentally, was directed at those who took exception to the Arjun largely because of its weight.

Said BD will go for 40 MBT 2000, is it true?

I'm sure, I'm sure.

What makes it totally convincing is the simple assertion that it is way beyond Arjun. That proves it beyond doubt. No need to discuss it further, now that you've informed us where the matter lies.

My comment, incidentally, was directed at those who took exception to the Arjun largely because of its weight.
Arjun is overweight simply because IA put everything they want on it.

The mobility of MBT 3000 is better than Arjun even mark two, especially in the complicated terrain in the sub continent. I'm not saying Arjun is not good, but it doesn't suit the combat description in the sub continent especially the area you border with China. It's too heavy to fight.

Last edited:

The mobility of MBT 3000 is better than Arjun even mark two, especially in the complicated terrain in the sub continent. I'm not saying Arjun is not good, but it doesn't suit the combat description in the sub continent especially the area you border with China. It's too heavy to fight.

As it happens, I agree with you on the last point, that the Arjun can't fight in the border areas bordering with Tibet/China. I don't see the MBT 3000 doing that either, but then, it's meant for the complicate terrain in the sub-continent, and it can do that because of better mobility. So, great; so let us ignore for a moment the fact that the Arjun is ideally suited to the desert which takes up much of the border between India and Pakistan; how does that account for the different reactions on a vehicle of nearly the same weight? The same opinions that came out so violently against the Arjun are now rolling over and waiting for their bellies to be scratched. And please don't tell me that they compared engines and came to that conclusion.

I am sorry, my first inclination was to say that this was an utterly idiotic remark. So why was the MBT 3000 the weight it is? Because nobody put anything they wanted on it?

Everybody puts what they want into a vehicle, don't they, or was that an exclusively IA fault? And was the weight of the MBT 3000 due to angel dust?

As it happens, I agree with you on the last point, that the Arjun can't fight in the border areas bordering with Tibet/China. I don't see the MBT 3000 doing that either, but then, it's meant for the complicate terrain in the sub-continent, and it can do that because of better mobility. So, great; so let us ignore for a moment the fact that the Arjun is ideally suited to the desert which takes up much of the border between India and Pakistan; how does that account for the different reactions on a vehicle of nearly the same weight? The same opinions that came out so violently against the Arjun are now rolling over and waiting for their bellies to be scratched. And please don't tell me that they compared engines and came to that conclusion.

I am sorry, my first inclination was to say that this was an utterly idiotic remark. So why was the MBT 3000 the weight it is? Because nobody put anything they wanted on it?

Everybody puts what they want into a vehicle, don't they, or was that an exclusively IA fault? And was the weight of the MBT 3000 due to angel dust?
PAkistan army don't want their main battle tanks beyond 55 tons, it reduce mobility. we have good way of engineering to make it lighter. if we make it a rear magazine, it will surpass 60 tons easily.

Don't be naive, and don't fish. Everyone knows the reasons.
if you choose to live in delusion , I can't help you. even BD chooses MBT series, why don't they induct Arjun when Awami league always sucking your toes?

you just can't expect a spoiled Adonis to fight in a brawl.

battle tanks need to be tough, Arjun is soft.

Last edited:
Reliable source from China that PA had begun it's test on MBT 3000. Mounted with RCWS, third generation heat imaging device, 125mm Gun designed for launching Anti armor missle PG7(tandem heat body, effective range 5KM,Penetration RHA240/68 degree),1300 horse power diesel engine. Active counter system like GL5 on Type 99g could also choosed to mount on MBT 3000. MBT 3000 is the best platform China's got for export, PA will be the first client as expected. The overall weight is controlled at 52 tons means it can pass bridges and road in most part of Pakistan. As long as PA get it, you can effectively deal with T90.

Congratulation, another cooperation milestone for China and Pakistan.
It will technology tranfer deal or only prurchase?

Back
Top Bottom