What's new

Pakistan Armed Forces Will Observe A "Dry Day" Every Friday (And Other Measures) to Save on Fuel Costs

From the article:
  • Further limiting the expenses in utility bills
  • No use of official transport except in emergency
  • Scales down training drills and exercises to cantonments in small scale
  • To employ remote working for conferences
  • Use of local currency in purchase of military equipment
  • Returns Rs6 billion, which was allocated for Covid, to government
  • Returns Rs3.5 billion to national exchequer from its fund that was allocated last year
  • Defence budget is 16% of annual budget
  • Rs935 billion added to national kitty over the last five years in direct, indirect, and duties by army and defence bodies

They also need to start encouraging cycling for all government employees and restricting vehicle protocols.

I dont know why Panzerkiel doesn't clear stuff to you guys, maybe he is fed up of childish behaviour.

The concept of dry day in military has been for very long. In many cantonments, there are days nominated for dry days. MP is standing on roads that day and checking military vehicles. The dry day is usually on a holiday or weekend, like Saturday. Staff cars are excepted in most cases, other military vehicles in cantt need to have proper paper work to come on road on dry day.

Dry day is a common thing in Military, its not new.

Stop going full retard in every thread related to military, please.

Aye sorry being silly on my part.

I dont know why Panzerkiel doesn't clear stuff to you guys, maybe he is fed up of childish behaviour.

The concept of dry day in military has been for very long. In many cantonments, there are days nominated for dry days. MP is standing on roads that day and checking military vehicles. The dry day is usually on a holiday or weekend, like Saturday. Staff cars are excepted in most cases, other military vehicles in cantt need to have proper paper work to come on road on dry day.

But what about patrolling the skies and waters?

If its common, why are they selling it as some big news?

Tbh the only bit concerning is the limiting training.

Even though you didn't quote me, but let me put it in alternate words.

I know what you are talking about, and these things go on in the military on a routine basis.

The problem arises when such token measures, or normal SOP's are made up to be something they are not. These measures or SOP's are then propagated to be 'Watan kay liay qurbani" when in fact they are in most cases not, and only serve as a propaganda tool.

Now you might say propaganda is an integral part of public opinions and all, and that is true. But in the current atmosphere when anti-top military leadership sentiments are already pretty high, they do serve to backfire.

The examples I gave, where Timmy goes to tuition in a double cabin, or where baji kay kapray darzi say atay hain in a unit vehicle...aren't they egregious? Just a couple days ago I recieved something in a military vehicle which traveled a couple hundred km's, and the item in question was completely of a personal nature. Yeh cheezain rukni nhn hain, but the press release would say 'Kafayet shari kay liay musallah afwaj nay XYZ kia'.

And this isn't restricted to the military, it applies to every single public sector entity we have. Take the following picture, clicked just a couple days ago....this vehicle was being driven by an ATS official in uniform, and the gunman was also of the ATS. They came to the petrol pump to collect little munnay ka swimming pool in an official vehicle. WHY? This was 3 days after Shehbaz Sharif announced fuel cuts for government offices bla bla bla.

Point being, yeh topi drama is mulk kay sath kab tak chalatay rahain gay sab?

This is in no way a post against the army...I do know the systems of checks and balances within the institution and their effectivenes generally, but I also know how the Major sahab at a certain workshop in cahoots with CMA makes money off of contracts.

I also disagree with the recent trend of just barging in an anti-Army comment or pointless post for no reason in every thread, or making a post against the COAS just for fun, but I do think it's high time to call a spade a spade.

Attachments

• IMG_20220608_174431.jpg
    IMG_20220608_174431.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 49
And these traitor Generals would rather compromise on the readiness of the military than to buy cheap oil from Russia, lest their masters in Pentagon be slightly upset....

Even though you didn't quote me, but let me put it in alternate words.

I know what you are talking about, and these things go on in the military on a routine basis.

The problem arises when such token measures, or normal SOP's are made up to be something they are not. These measures or SOP's are then propagated to be 'Watan kay liay qurbani" when in fact they are in most cases not, and only serve as a propaganda tool.

Now you might say propaganda is an integral part of public opinions and all, and that is true. But in the current atmosphere when anti-top military leadership sentiments are already pretty high, they do serve to backfire.

The examples I gave, where Timmy goes to tuition in a double cabin, or where baji kay kapray darzi say atay hain in a unit vehicle...aren't they egregious? Just a couple days ago I recieved something in a military vehicle which traveled a couple hundred km's, and the item in question was completely of a personal nature. Yeh cheezain rukni nhn hain, but the press release would say 'Kafayet shari kay liay musallah afwaj nay XYZ kia'.

And this isn't restricted to the military, it applies to every single public sector entity we have. Take the following picture, clicked just a couple days ago....this vehicle was being driven by an ATS official in uniform, and the gunman was also of the ATS. They came to the petrol pump to collect little munnay ka swimming pool in an official vehicle. WHY? This was 3 days after Shehbaz Sharif announced fuel cuts for government offices bla bla bla.

Point being, yeh topi drama is mulk kay sath kab tak chalatay rahain gay sab?

This is in no way a post against the army...I do know the systems of checks and balances within the institution and their effectivenes generally, but I also know how the Major sahab at a certain workshop in cahoots with CMA makes money off of contracts.

I also disagree with the recent trend of just barging in an anti-Army comment or pointless post for no reason in every thread, or making a post against the COAS just for fun, but I do think it's high time to call a spade a spade.
Allowance of Km and Liters. This differs from posts and departments/directorate, e.g. senior commands have more allowance, similarly Intel agencies have more allowance and vehicles. Different allowance for staff car, broad arrow unmarked vehicle, green plate and military vehicle. Units and HQs have different allowances. Under these, the vehicle can be used for official and personal use. Some commanders dislike personal use so officers under them do the same, while other allow it as per regulations. Some vehicles have restrictions from leaving cantonment, some have restrictions leaving the stations, where as others are free to roam the country, depends upon nature of post and directorate. Military vehicle can also be hired on payment.

For staff car, an indent is made and sent to GHQ for use outside station. Some have more than one staff cars. Some have marked staff cars/SUV with formation signs, other have unmarked with star plate. Some have both. Others have green number plate ones also. And the fourth category has civilian cars/SUVs with civilian number plates.

Use of military vehicles have decided promotions of officers also, there was a GOC 17 infantry Division. His daughter was studying in Lahore, the staff car took her to Lahore. At night the car got stolen outside a restaurant. The driver said the daughter took it with her friends. Posting came for GOC to GHQ and then retirement.

Those who make money through contracts/forging/passing information don't survive long. FIU, CMI etc are for for this purpose.

Now example of civil green plate use in Govt department. Petrol allowance is being sold under market rate. Did you know that Government employees get petrol and un-used is sold to anyone through contacts on lesser rate ?

and yeah I did quote you, but waz pointed out himself so i scanned who others did i quote and i deleted your quote. Some times I wonder where is PK when needed, he is more up to date than me on all military matters.

And these traitor Generals would rather compromise on the readiness of the military than to buy cheap oil from Russia, lest their masters in Pentagon be slightly upset....
Of course, anything to help the "bloody" civilian sleep peacefully at night. Nightmares are on your own account though.

Would this also apply to DHA Construction activities - a DRY FRIDAY ?? :lol::lol:
Glad you brought it up.

A GOC was using military vehicles for such purpose, got retired soon and the allowances were cut.

Happened with few officers in FWO also, Brigadiers weren't made Generals, all were retired.

Last edited:
These dry days mean nothing unless they stop giving free petrol for private life to all government officials.
Why people with huge salary getting free petrol and utility services on our money?

From the article:
  • Further limiting the expenses in utility bills
  • No use of official transport except in emergency
  • Scales down training drills and exercises to cantonments in small scale
  • To employ remote working for conferences
  • Use of local currency in purchase of military equipment
  • Returns Rs6 billion, which was allocated for Covid, to government
  • Returns Rs3.5 billion to national exchequer from its fund that was allocated last year
  • Defence budget is 16% of annual budget
  • Rs935 billion added to national kitty over the last five years in direct, indirect, and duties by army and defence bodies

This all sounds like a well planned propaganda at best.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom