What's new

Pakistan Armed Forces | Snipers, Designated Marksmen, Sharp Shooters.

Also,

The 'shredded' suits worn by the snipers above are called GHILLE SUITS invented by an American Company in the 90's. These suits come is various camo types for all environmental conditions. Pakistan Army Ghillie Suits are however made locally.

i know about that...but 90s?you sure about that?

Also,

The 'shredded' suits worn by the snipers above are called GHILLE SUITS invented by an American Company in the 90's. These suits come is various camo types for all environmental conditions. Pakistan Army Ghillie Suits are however made locally.

The above is wrong Ghillie suits were supposedly developed a lot earlier by Scottish gamekeepers (a Ghillie is a name for a gamekeeper) They have been in use since the 1900's.

no it is Heckler & Koch HK PSG-1

Yes it is a PSG-1. Odd choice for the IA though. This rifle being a semi-auto is essentially designed for Police and LEA CT usage and preferred by them (although not exclusively). Bolt action typically is considered to provide better accuracy (sub MOA) in the field and most Armies use bolt action rifles for dedicated sniper usage. I am sure IA also use some version of bolt actions.

The best sniper rifle in use with the Pak Army right now is the AI L-96 in use with the SSG. The regular units are using the Steyr SSG-69 for their sniper cadres as has been mentioned in prev. posts.

There are sniper training programs at both the School of Infantry and Tactics as well as with the SSG.

I would second the above posts. If you are posting pictures related to IA etc. please use appropriate forums before this one degenerates into another "mine is better than yours..."

Thank you.

Last edited:
AI L-96 IS better than Barrett M82

Two different classes of weapons. Former is a dedicated Sniper rifle, whereas Light fifty is more of an AMR which can and has been used against personnel as well. Accuracy wise you are definitely correct that L-96 has much higher accuracy than the M-82.

dude its not it galil cheak the barrel lenght and the magzine is bent !!!!! psg always have a a str8 magzine it probebly is that galil rifle
and a didnt mean india does not uses Psg-1 they do i saw that on Tv !!

yep it's not PSG.IT can be a new type of PSG.:sniper:

dude its not it galil cheak the barrel lenght and the magzine is bent !!!!! psg always have a a str8 magzine it probebly is that galil rifle
and a didnt mean india does not uses Psg-1 they do i saw that on Tv !!

In first pic it can be PSG but magzine is like G-3 but in secound pic it is an other type of PSG.And for more,india is also using PSG rifle.It's been used in Mumbi so called oppration.:tdown:

Long Live Pakistan:pakistan:

b1735b79477eb2064b09552a92682f8a.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom