What's new

Pakistan And India-Water Disputes-News And Updates

Scrap it and ask Pakistan for renegotiation, the flow of water should be inversely proportional to the flow of terrorists from there.
I hope the govt. does its homework before taking any action. The fallout could be embarrassing.

Opposition needs to come on board. This cannot be a unilateral decision.

Scrap it and ask Pakistan for renegotiation, the flow of water should be inversely proportional to the flow of terrorists from there.

Nothngs gonna happen,,,govt. will act "responsibly" :unsure:

Nothing can happen immediately unless of course we decide to drain completely the existing storage & start refilling when Pakistan most needs.....:angel:

Even without scrapping the IWT, India can start by using all the water it is actually entitled to under it.

If India would block Pakistan's water, Pakistan would have no choice but to wage a war. You cannot block rightful water of a Nation and expect nothing in return.

Now question is, what is India prepared to lose in return. By blocking water, India would receive international condemnation and any action by Pakistan would have more legitimacy than India's actions could have. Go on, try this action too and see if India looses more international backing.

:pop:

Modi promise us that you would do something.. you are too much of a joke already.

If India would block Pakistan's water, Pakistan would have no choice but to wage a war. You cannot block rightful water of a Nation and expects nothing in return.

Scrapping the IWT does not mean blocking water completely, It only opens up the opportunity for a new treaty which under present international norms would be more equitable which means Pakistan would get lot less water.

There is no need to scrap the IWT though, the conversations help to keep some minds in Pakistan occupied. There is plenty India can do within the treaty that should be explored before going forward with the scrapping, if necessary.

Scrapping the IWT does not mean blocking water completely, It only opens up the opportunity for a new treaty which under present international norms would be more equitable which means Pakistan would get lot less water.

There is no need to scrap the IWT though, the conversations help to keep some minds in Pakistan occupied. There is plenty India can do within the treaty that should be explored before going forward with the scrapping, if necessary.

You cannot scrap this treaty either as India is signatory and accepted no unilateral withdrawal or changes by any sides. Learn to live in reality.

If India would block Pakistan's water, Pakistan would have no choice but to wage a war. You cannot block rightful water of a Nation and expect nothing in return.

Now question is, what is India prepared to lose in return. By blocking water, India would receive international condemnation and any action by Pakistan would have more legitimacy than India's actions could have. Go on, try this action too and see if India looses more international backing.

Modi promise us that you would do something.. you are too much of a joke already.
You people had international backing for 56 years aap ne kya ukaad liya.....it must be a unilateral world, but a country survives on its own, if India tomorrow loses everything not even Russian would come to save us...be real, countries have become stronger after sanctions.....

Nothing can happen immediately unless of course we decide to drain completely the existing storage & start refilling when Pakistan most needs.....:angel:

Even without scrapping the IWT, India can start by using all the water it is actually entitled to under it.
for taking such a step some kind of spine is required,,,,but hey,,its easier to say ye karenge wo ukharenge

If India would block Pakistan's water, Pakistan would have no choice but to wage a war.
even if we did stop the water,,,
u wud not start war,,,reason same as above,,,,,but offcourse ur leaders will continue bickering
Modi promise us that you would do something
he already did,,,,,,gave strong statements n isolated Pakistan :unsure:

You people had international backing for 56 years aap ne kya ukaad liya.....it must be a unilateral world, but a country survives on its own, if India tomorrow loses everything not even Russian would come to save us...be real, countries have become stronger after sanctions.....

We don't know if we have "ukaad liya" or not but your Modi is going banana as if he has actually lost something. Pakistan is at peace, doing what it is doing, it is India who is losing its sleep, comfort and cool over developments. So looks like kuch to "ukaada hay".

he already did,,,,,,gave strong statements n isolated Pakistan :unsure:

Giving statements agree, isolated Pakistan? really? Who stands with India on its stance against Pakistan?

If you are not afraid to read; spend few minutes here and learn yourself.
https://defence.pk/threads/india-is-isolated-on-its-rants-against-pakistan.451471/

Recently I went though this water agreement details....Please help me to understand ...on what basis pakistan should get 81% water and India should get only 19%...It should be equally divided between between both the country...Could you help me to find any of the agreement of such type....This is a pathetic agreement ...must be reviewed all terms and condition.

We don't know if we have "ukaad liya" or not but your Modi is going banana as if he has actually lost something. Pakistan is at peace, doing what it is doing, it is India who is losing its sleep, comfort and cool over developments. So looks like kuch to "ukaada hay".

Giving statements agree, isolated Pakistan? really? Who stands with India on its stance against Pakistan?

If you are not afraid to read; spend few minutes here and learn yourself.
https://defence.pk/threads/india-is-isolated-on-its-rants-against-pakistan.451471/
We are enemies right?
Expect everything..... War, sabotaging, espionage, killing and this water war too......modi has already done what he was suppose to do, i mean no body believes Pakistan,modi ko sab sunte hai.....IWT review toh hoga...

You cannot scrap this treaty either as India is signatory and accepted no unilateral withdrawal or changes by any sides. Learn to live in reality.

All treaties can be scrapped/withdrawn from......IWT does not have to be scrapped though, plenty more that can be done within the treaty before we get to that point.

Recently I went though this water agreement details....Please help me to understand ...on what basis pakistan should get 81% water and India should get only 19%...It should be equally divided between between both the country...Could you help me to find any of the agreement of such type....This is a pathetic agreement ...must be reviewed all terms and condition.

Edit - I am no expert on the subject. I take my comments back.

Last edited:
India is getting water of three rivers, Satluj, Bias and Ravi while Pakistan is getting water of two rivers, Chanab and Jehlum. Your assumption that India is getting 19% water is totally out of reality. Unless you assume that two rivers produce 81% water and 3 rivers altogether yeild 19%. Which doesn't make sense.

Did you ever went through the details.. or you want me to help you on this....???..Every year we are loosing 60000cr INR due to this pathetic agreement... or If you want to continue with this , then you need to fulfill our loss.

http://siteresources.worldbank.org/...23497-1105737253588/IndusWatersTreaty1960.pdf

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom