What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

So does anyone know when the J-10s are coming?

LONG LIVE PAKISTAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:pakistan:
and CHINA:china:

So does anyone know when the J-10s are coming?

LONG LIVE PAKISTAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:pakistan:
and CHINA:china:

as per the ACM 2014/15. This is the most logical time line in my humble opinion.
araz

In the April 2009 issue of AFM, there is a good article on the South African Mirage F-1 operational use during war with Angolan Migs.

The first page shows a shot from the gun-camera film, while Mirage F1 is trying to shoot a Mig-23. Can someone explain the geometry of the fight or from which angle Mirage F1 is approaching the Mig-23?

It also describes a genius DC-3 pilot who, after losing the control surfaces due to SA-7 hit, moved the passengers backward and forward to control the airplane and land it.

On page 66, there again seems to be an caption error, which says "The small AIDA radar-ranging radomes can be seen just above the pilot head". I think AIDA radar was installed in the nose (like others) and radome was just above the pitot (head). So I think pitot and pilot got mixed up.

What!!!!
They were supposed to be inducted this year:what:

it have been delayed!!

we wanted the upgraded J10 B, more precisiely the FC20 and it is not ready till 2014
infact i have heard that the chines are facing some problems with FC20,s engine and the radar! and Pakistan want to stick to the chines option for radar and engine as the european will be expensive and can be sanctioned at any time!!

well i cannot also wait to see them flying in Pakistani skies!!

Any idea about the IAF penetrating Pakistani airspace in the recent tensions and getting as far as kharian all while pursued by the PAF?

it have been delayed!!

we wanted the upgraded J10 B, more precisiely the FC20 and it is not ready till 2014
infact i have heard that the chines are facing some problems with FC20,s engine and the radar! and Pakistan want to stick to the chines option for radar and engine as the european will be expensive and can be sanctioned at any time!!

well i cannot also wait to see them flying in Pakistani skies!!
Arslan I would suggest you post links, instead of mere conjecture. otherwise stop posting rubbish

Any idea about the IAF penetrating Pakistani airspace in the recent tensions and getting as far as kharian all while pursued by the PAF?

There was some info we were given but I am not sure if it is out in the public domain. but trust me when i say you need not worry.

I have read some BS on Keymags that the Indian crossed some 8 miles into Pakistan. Let say they fly 500 km/h... You just talk about seconds and even then they had to start turning in India otherwis it would me lot more problems.

Well apparently our fighter even had a lock on them but they seemed determined to test the defenses.
Anyway.. it was all about defusing tensions back then. so this was not publicized.

AFM News for the month of May-09:
AFM Editorial by Alan Warnes
The Armed UAV Quandary in Pakistan's Tribal Areas
I was in Islamabad during mid-March when a suicide bomber walked into a bus station in the nearby garrison city of Rawalpindi and blew himself up, killing eleven people and injuring another 23. Sadly, this is nothing new in Pakistan.

What was noteworthy about this particular attack was that the suicide bomber was from the Waziristan region, where USAF Predator and Reaper UAVs ("drones" as they are called in Pakistan) are attacking military targets on a daily basis. Unfortunately these strikes are killing a lot of civilians as well as suspected al Qaeda or Taliban militants.

According to the World Security Network Foundation, an independent international network of journalists and foreign affairs experts, these UAV strikes have accounted for approximately 1,600 civilian casualties over the past six months whilist in the process of eliminating 11 of America's top 20 "high value" targets. This appalling loss of life is causing civil unrest in the tribal areas of Waziristan and spreading anguish throughout most of Pakistan.

UAVs are a vital tool in the global war on terrorism, but should they be used where civilians, including children, are likely to be killed?

Would it not be better to send in ground troops to attack targets as would have been the case before the armed UAV was operational?

Before any military strike, a Collateral Damage Estimate (CDE) is carried out to establish the benefit of eliminating a key military target outweigh the risks to civilians. One example of an acceptable CDE was when the US tried to "take out" Saddam Hussein on April 7, 2003, after a tip-off that he was in a cafe. A B1B circling over the area at the time waiting for such a "target of opportunity", dropped four 2,000Ib (907kg) JDAM bombs on the building, claiming atleast 14 civilian lives, but Saddam got away.

The problem is in convincing most pakistani people that civilian casualties in Waziristan are justified under these conditions. Pakistan is in the frontline against the "war on terror" and to be able to defeat al Qaeda, the west needs the support of Afghanistan's eastern neighbour. However, feelings are running very high over the UAV attacks, as the regular TV debates between leading figures and politicians testify.It may be that the Pakistan Government will have to stop the US from carrying them out, otherwise it could risk being toppled by public opinion.

I saw evidence of this people power for myself on the first day of my recent visit, when thousands of protestors took to the streets and forced Pakistan's President Asif Ali Zardari - a US ally - to return the country's top judge and his associates to office, after they had been sacked by President Musharraf two years ago. Dont bet against a similar action if the US continues killing innocent civilians in Waziristan.

AFM News for the month of May-09:
Pakistan Takes Delivery of its First Phenom 100
Embraer formally habded-over the first Phenom 100 business jet to the PAF at the manufacturer's headquarters in Sao Jose dos Campos, Brazil, on March 24. The eight-seat a/c is one of four ordered by the Pakistan Government for the transport of officials around the country. PAF officials had revealed plans to acquire the a/c last year and a formal contract was concluded during the fourth quarter, but had not previously been announced by the manufacturer. Note that original reports had suggested that the order would be for the larger Phenom 300, but it was the Phenom 100 that was settled on.

The a/c will be operated by 35 Wing/41 Sqdn at Chaklala AB for both VIP transport and general communications flights. They will replace two much smaller Cessna 172P Skyhawks currently operated by the squadron. The Phenom 100 is the first Embraer a/c to be delivered to a customer in Pakistan and the first of the type to be delivered to a government operator.

New J-10B Variant Destined to be Pakistan's FC-20?
Images that surfaced on Chinese internet sites on March 16 show what appears to be a new single-seat variant of China's Chengdu A/C Corporation J-10B, which is thought likely to be used as the basis for development of the FC-20 for the PAF. it is variously reported to have made its first flight either in December 2008 or February 2009.
New features appear to include a re-designed, divertor-less supersonic intake, infra-red search and track sensor, extra under-wing hardpoint, wide-angle halographic HUD, modified nose section (for a phased array radar?) and enlarged tail-fin (with tip mounted electronic warfare sensor)

A great article on F-16 Flight. of interest to forum members would be the following:
Air to Air Kills
According to its manufacturer Lockheed Martin, the F-16 has been responsible for shotting down 71 aircraft, 44 of which were Syrian Air Force a/c destroyed by Israeli F-16As during the 1982 Lenanon war.
However, despite Lockheed Martin claiming that no F-16s have been shot down, Pakistan Air Force (PAF) records say that on April 29, 1987 Wg Cdr Amjad Javed, CO of 14 Sqdn, accidently shot down his wingman, Flt Lt Shahid Sikandar, while they were both chasing two Afghan fighters. Fortunately Flt Lt Shahid was picked up shortly afterwards and by nightfall was back with his CO, much to his relief.
PAF F-16s have been responsible for shooting down eight Afghan Air Force a/c and an Indian Air Force Searcher UAV.

Hawkeye Soldiers On
International Hawkeye Operators
Besides Egypt, France, Israel, Japan, Mexico, Singapore, Taiwan and the United States, Pakistan is the latest country to operate the Hawkeye.
PAKISTAN - PAKISTAN AIR FORCE
Though not strictly an E-2C operator, Pakistan plans to fly the Hawkeye 2000 radar on the Lockheed Martin P-3 Orion. In December 2006, it ordered three re-furbished P-3s with Hawkeye 2000 radars for its Navy. Delivery will take place in 2009-10.

Back
Top Bottom