What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Mainly JF17 and future available options. The 3 sqdns of ROSE will continue a bit longer and all the spares accumulation is to ensure their serviceability.
So means most mirages will phase out in next 5yrs so what replacing them??

Mainly JF17 and future available options. The 3 sqdns of ROSE will continue a bit longer and all the spares accumulation is to ensure their serviceability.
Why Egyptian Hercs are coming Pak? Any idea?also means time to say goodbye old warrior next 7-8yrs

RIP
IMG_20200611_134431.jpeg

In all honesty, I myself have no clue with the disappearance of one of the more popular members of PDF. He always had the scoop ahead of time. The only time anyone used to beat him to the news would be at the odd hours while he was asleep.

I assure you, I did not have any contact with him (in the past). We barely even quoted each other on discussions.

I think I said it in the past, that either he got his Deam Job with the PAF in some capacity - which has resulted in him backing off from his past time duties on PDF.

Or he got hitched, which has put a hold on his activities on PDF - indefinitely.

Maybe one day he'll just pop up on this Thread.

He should come back-----with good new's preferably.

In all honesty, I myself have no clue with the disappearance of one of the more popular members of PDF. He always had the scoop ahead of time. The only time anyone used to beat him to the news would be at the odd hours while he was asleep.

I assure you, I did not have any contact with him (in the past). We barely even quoted each other on discussions.

I think I said it in the past, that either he got his Deam Job with the PAF in some capacity - which has resulted in him backing off from his past time duties on PDF.

Or he got hitched, which has put a hold on his activities on PDF - indefinitely.

Maybe one day he'll just pop up on this Thread.
Possibly a lot of reasons. But if a job within PAF, that would mean to get off this forum for good.

Means used F16s from EAF along Horus mirages make sence for EAF to get rid few so can adjust recent procurements
Pani pack means 20 blk 52 are in eygpt but are non operational and not link with any Sqdn or Unit means just 20 blk 52 stored there like brand new can you believe and EAF on shopping bonanza
Not possible. They are flying almost all their Vipers regularly.

Fatman17, what is a Pani Pack 20 F-16 block 52? That's a very specific thing to say... we know Egyptian F-16s are watered down versions but... if you were speculating you would have said perhaps F-16s and left it at that... but you made it very very specific...
What is water down version = downgraded version?

Mirages are not coming...
Can i ask the reason, is the price or some external pressure make Egyptians backtrack

What is water down version = downgraded version?
Yeah, a watered down version is as good as Display Aircraft in an Air Show and boosting you have 'em. Print a few T-shirts & get some patches made. Its effective if its up against a Cessna.
Can i ask the reason, is the price or some external pressure make Egyptians backtrack
There is NO talk of Egyptian F-16's. There never was.

Yeah, a watered down version is as good as Display Aircraft in an Air Show and boosting you have 'em. Print a few T-shirts & get some patches made. Its effective if its up against a Cessna.

There is NO talk of Egyptian F-16's. There never was.
Thanks for clarification about waterdown version,

Second question about about Egyptians Huros mirages not about F16

Egyptian F-16s have minimal EW capability and no AMRAAM capability, as far as I know. However, they are still potent fighters. They have the last generation of Sparrows, the same ones used highly successfully during Gulf War I. It's a software update away from being able to use the AMRAAMs.

Egyptian F-16s have minimal EW capability and no AMRAAM capability, as far as I know. However, they are still potent fighters. They have the last generation of Sparrows, the same ones used highly successfully during Gulf War I. It's a software update away from being able to use the AMRAAMs.
We wont get them so let us not waste bandwidth thinking about it.
The realistic question to ask is whether the Mirages are coming or not.
A

Last edited:
Closeup of Imaging Infrared #IIR seekers on AIM-9X & PL-10E (high off boresight) #HOBS missiles. That #eyeball is a telescope an eye to sensors behind.

PL-10E will be new SRAAM for JF-17 blk-3 fully enabled by HMDS. #Thunder will trump #PAF F-16s as they’ve JHMCS but no AIM-9X. https://t.co/80gcTT9V5q
IMG_20200613_172948.jpeg
IMG_20200613_172953.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom