What's new

Pakistan Air Force — new challenges

However what I do recall is that when IA went into SL (IPKF), they essentially fought with every thing they had including air support, artillery and armour against the Tamil ELAM forces. That too was a CI campaign if this term is being used so losely. So why the generalized statement "India does not use fighters to fight insurgency"?

They had used only attack Helicopters - not fighters.

They had used only attack Helicopters - not fighters.

Well yes because they had no PGMs or anything of that nature back then. Helicopters were more suitable than using aircraft with dumb bombs. The point being that armour and attack helicopters were also platforms that are not the run of the mill kind of hardware that you use in a low intensity CI campaign. However it just varies. I think the point being made was to somehow indicate that Indian response to CI is more finessed, when the actuality is that this is not true.

Last edited:
Well yes because they had no PGMs or anything of that nature back then. Helicopters were more suitable than using aircraft with dumb bombs. The point being that armour and attack helicopters were also platforms that are not the run of the mill kind of hardware that you use in a low intensity CI campaign. However it just varies. I think the point being made was to somehow indicate that Indian response to CI is more finessed, when the actuality is that this is not true.

Just two points

a. SL conflict was never a low intensity conflict to begin with.
b. Indian fineese is applicable to Indian citiznes(sounds rude though) just like American democracy and human rights is for American citizens..

IPF

Muse,

Thankyou---often I have tried to bring the issue to face---and it has always faced a concrete wall.

My colleagues----the pakistanis have a very hard time swallowing the bitter fact about their role in the NWFP and the conflict with al-qaeda---I have been writing on this board since 2005----I wrote on defence.info---I wrote on the pakistanidefence forum---I wrote to the dawn---the defence journal and wherever I could and everyone turned me away---my departure from this board for six plus months was for the same reason----pakistanis don't listen----maybe they don't have the ability to understand----day in and day out---I saw these superstar generals of pakistan army---retd of course come on tv and talk absolute HOGWASH about strategy, politics and tackling of al-qaeda----their ineptitude and non-committance of the pakistani defence forces to the cause has made a monster of the al-qaeda---where it could have been squashed in months---it would take some time now----.

Al qaeda is where it is because of the pakistani defence forces half hearted efforts, a lack of proper religious propaganda by the government radio, tv and news media in general. By allowing the telecast of the red mosque affair on live TV, was an absolute fiasco----by letting the taliban go scot free who were responsible for beheading the defence forces personale was a shame that no army would want to bear..

People say that THE SUICIDE BOMBERS CANNOT BE STOPPED---THEY CAN BE----SEND THEIR REMIANS BACK IN PIG SKINS---PACK THEIR BODIES IN THE CARCASS OF A DEAD BOARS STOMACH AND SEND IT TO THE AL QAEDA LAND. AND ADVERTISE IN ON TV AND RADIO THAT EVERY AL QAEDA OPERATIVE WILL HAVE HIS HEAD CHOPPED OFF AND WRAPPED IN THE STOMACH LININGS OF DOGS AND PIGS. SHOW THEIR LEFT OVERS BEING PACKED AS SUCH---LET US SEE HOW LONG THESE PEOPLE WILL LAST.

There should be anti terrorist courts established and every friday---arrested al qaeda operatives need to have their hands and feet chopped off in public by the order of the presiding judge---.

Pakistanis have been playing at their cute little games for a long time now----if the assault ever starts---'PEOPLE WHO SAY THAT PAKISTAN ARMY IS NO REPUBLICAN GUARD'---will find out that its FATE is no different than their unremarkable brethren---pakistanis do like to talk big about what we can do----pakistan won't last for 3 to 5 days at the most----within the first 24 to 36 hours---all of pakistan's oil reserves will be up in smoke---all known and unknown missile launchers will be neutralized---all the subs will be taken out---the u s army has a different game plan for the pakistani defence forces----they won't play the same game as they did with the iraqis----they need not go into pakistan to take control----it will be left over for the indian army to mop up what is left over.

I am reminded of pakistan---the pakistanis and the pakistani politicians of the time of Mongol Chengiz Khan's invasion of the muslim empire of Khwarzam Shah----it is stated in history books that when the armies of the mongol were approaching the muslim lands----the muslims were arguing in their mosques and palaces if the gender of the book THE HOLY QURA'AN is male of female---days and nights were being spent by the articulate and the inarticulate as well in this wasteful subject----the armies of the enemies became visible from the city defences---teh rest is history.

In the similiar manner we were fighting tooth and nail about the installments of the judges---of Nawaz Sharif's personal entourage back to pakistan---Benazir and Zardaris future in politics---for the last one and a half year the world was trying to focus on financial crisis that was coming upon us like a freight train going downhill with its brakes failed and we were bickering amongst ourselves---. We failed every oppurtunity given to us.

We cannot forget the past----the past is the foundation that the future is based upon---our past leads to our future---unless we stop and correct our directions, focus on our to do list and understand the consequences of the failures.

MastanKhan;sir
Muse,sir

you both are the stars here in this fourm, you both have great thinking abilities, & i realy like you both.
great posts!:tup::tup::tup::agree:

India does not use the fighters and artillery because it has never had to fight in a terrain such as FATA. Also, India has never faced an adversary in a CI campaign inside of India armed with heavy AAA, recoiless rifles, mortars and howitzers. So lets not compare apples to oranges here. However what I do recall is that when IA went into SL (IPKF), they essentially fought with every thing they had including air support, artillery and armour against the Tamil ELAM forces. That too was a CI campaign if this term is being used so losely. So why the generalized statement "India does not use fighters to fight insurgency"?

Let me add something-"Inside its own country". I dont really know what IPKF used in SL, but its not India.

And India has been fighting insurgency in almost every terrain possible-from the hills in the North East, to the plains in Punjab to Kashmir. Its a matter of policy in India.

Back
Top Bottom