What's new

Pakistan 2012 GDP growth rate revised to 4.2% from 3.6%:World Bank

Yeah - growth rate of both countries are Sh!tty but paray admit it Pakistan performed better under these circumstances than you. Chan kiddi saddi vi mun :smitten:

@ Topic - Good News, At-least we will spend one good year on PDF ;)

If having better growth than India even though its shi**y makes you happy , then so be it. But such line of thinking will not take your country very far.

India till recently was aiming for 8-10 pc growth , beating Pakistan was never the agenda. Similarly, for China getting a 10 % growth rate was always the agenda , never beating India or USA or Japan in growth. Pakistan would be better off aiming higher if they want to succeed.

Where is the bold part coming from ? India's GDP growth rate for 2012 was 5 %.

We are talking about REVISED GDP Growth Rates. The World Bank has revised the national GDP growth rates.

- Pakistan's revised GDP growth rate in 2012: 4.2%
- India's revised GDP growth rate in 2012: 3.2%

Furthermore, Pakistan's GDP growth in 2013 is on an upward trend, whereas India's is on a downward trend. Check the World Bank website.

We are talking about REVISED GDP Growth Rates. The World Bank has revised the national GDP growth rates.

- Pakistan's revised GDP growth rate in 2012: 4.2%
- India's revised GDP growth rate in 2012: 3.2%

Furthermore, Pakistan's GDP growth in 2013 is on an upward trend, whereas India's is on a downward trend. Check the World Bank website.

I got that , check my subsequent posts. Also do check the forecasts for 2013 growth of both countries.

I got that , check my subsequent posts. Also do check the forecasts for 2013 growth of both countries.

well IMF has most probably only warned.
Till now Pak Economy not is doing better onwards this year while Indian not upto the mark

India growth projection for the couple of past years

2011 projected growth rate 8.8% for 2012(after 8% in 2011) but Achieved 6.3%(initially 7.2% but later revised back to 6.3%)

Last Year everyone even your PM and all the international agency were quoting 6.5% growth initially than in the mid year revised down to 5.7%

in the end achieved only 4.95% which again revised down to only 3.2%.

Even if india do all the miracle the growth rate for this year will remain below 5% including for Pakistan

IMF projected and warned Pakistan in feb 2011 of possible 2.8% growh rate but achieved 3.7%

in 2012 they warned us of 3% initially than 3.5% but we achieved 3.6% which later is revised to 4.2%

My projection for Pak india both for this year are

India 4.8%-5%(if the rest of the quarters performance is good)
Pakistan 4.5% or slightly more (If the economy perform as it is perforiming now.if better than close to 5%)

If these figures are indeed true, this is shocking. Lets look at the facts first- India's investment rate was 29% of GDP during 2012, A growth rate of 3.2% means we have horrific return to investment ratio. Pakistan on the other hand invest just 12% of their GDP. It isn't rocket sciene to guess that a country with a higher investment rate will have a higher growth rate. When India grew at 9% , its investment rate was 40% of GDP, so with an investment rate of 29%, 5% growth seems reasonable,(which is India's official figure)
Both IMF and World Bank depend upon the figures given by respective govts to come up with its growth figures. They dont have men on ground to collect data.
So, I would beleive my govt's data more than that of IMF.
IMF said India grew faster than China during 2010, @ more than 10%, Govt's figure were lower than that, I think that might have been adjusted now.

well IMF has most probably only warned.
Till now Pak Economy not is doing better onwards this year while Indian not upto the mark

India growth projection for the couple of past years

2011 projected growth rate 8.8% for 2012(after 8% in 2011) but Achieved 6.3%(initially 7.2% but later revised back to 6.3%)

Last Year everyone even your PM and all the international agency were quoting 6.5% growth initially than in the mid year revised down to 5.7%

in the end achieved only 4.95% which again revised down to only 3.2%.

Even if india do all the miracle the growth rate for this year will remain below 5% including for Pakistan

IMF projected and warned Pakistan in feb 2011 of possible 2.8% growh rate but achieved 3.7%

in 2012 they warned us of 3% initially than 3.5% but we achieved 3.6% which later is revised to 4.2%

My projection for Pak india both for this year are

India 4.8%-5%(if the rest of the quarters performance is good)
Pakistan 4.5% or slightly more (If the economy perform as it is perforiming now.if better than close to 5%)

Indias investment rate is slated to fall due to massive cuts in govt spendind, so my prediction is that it will be lower than last year's (be it 5%, or 3.2%)

India has good kind of roads. I heard Islamabad also facing problem of slums.

:rofl:

difference b/w u and us is that u hear things and we here see and experience things. Come here and see it yourself.

Ok,here is some info for you.

1.Maruti Suzuki is a fully Japanese owned Indian subsidary,it usually brought its mods designed in Japan,but in the past decade the Indian subsidary is designing cars for itself-google Maruti A star,Maruti Ertiga & Maruti X Alpha.And many of these cars are(or are to be ) marketed in the International markets-Including Europe (A star is already sold there)

This is a level which Pakistani automotive companies cannot evwn dream of.And add to that we have Indian automotive companies that are global giants-Tata & Mahindra.

2.Indian roads,oh well,they are improving day by day.We already have 18,000 kms of 4-6 lane National highways,and more are being built.We will have 6500 kms of 6 lane national highways by 2015,and 3000 kms of expressways are under construction.

In case of city roads,many elevated highways/flyovers/ring roads to eliminate congestion.Even tier 3 Indian cities like mysore now have 6 lane + 4 service lane ring roads.And this is in addition to all those metro/monorail/brts projects,we have in cities.
Oh well,I guess the upcoming Jaipur metro is a good concept for Pakistan to emulate,if they plan to build a metro rail.It has elevated viaducts for trains & elevated road for cars..;)
Oh well,here is our hyderabad ring road,its 158 km long, 8-12 lane + 4 service lane wide ,acces controlled,no 2 or 3 wheelers allowed.

You can compare with any of yours,if required.

1374664524_530963814_1-Residential-offer-plots-at-adibatla-near-tcscognizantaerospace-and-outer-ring-road-Dilsukh-Nagar.jpg

Ahaaa Just one road and a single car and u have achieved world class standards wow well done Indians:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

Now go and drive yr maruti here. And then after 5 years Enjoy again the bumpy rides in same tack road.:rofl:

Ahaaa Just one road and a single car and u have achieved world class standards wow well done Indians:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

Now go and drive yr maruti here. And then after 5 years Enjoy again the bumpy rides in same tack road.:rofl:

Haha that was the reaction I expected from you.I replied with the facts,and you are trolling.

We have 18,000 kms of4-6 lane national highways,and many expressways like ones shown above.

1 car?We have designed many cars,many CVs and many engines.

And FYI that road was built by a very reputed Indian construction company,Indian companies like L&T are now undertaking international projects like Salah Airport & Dubai Metro.While our Delhi metro is building a metro rail for Indonesia.

And the fact is that Pakistan cannot build a metro rail in their cities,despite receiving assistance of Indian Engineer E.Sreedharan,back in 2009.

Back
Top Bottom