What's new

Pak test-fires nuclear-capable cruise missile

Sam Dhanraj

Reaction score
Pak test-fires nuclear-capable cruise missile-Hatf-VII (Babur)​

11 Dec 2007, 1315 hrs IST,PTI

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan on Tuesday test fired a medium range nuclear capable cruise missile which can hit targets within a 700 km range, consolidating its strategic arsenal.

The successful launch of the Babar Hatf-7 missile was "part of a continuous process of validating the design parameters for this weapon system", the army said in a statement.

It did not say where the test was carried out. State-run PTV showed footage of the missile lifting off from a launcher.

"The test will consolidate Pakistan's strategic capability and strengthen national security," the statement said.

The Babar cruise missile can carry nuclear or conventional warheads. The 1.5-tonne, 22-foot long missile is capable of carrying a 250-kg warhead. It is believed Pakistan is working on developing a nuclear warhead that would fit into it.

President Pervez Musharraf and caretaker Prime Minister Mohammedmian Soomro congratulated defence scientists and engineers on the successful missile test.

The army statement said the Babar has "near stealth capabilities" and is "a low- flying, terrain hugging missile with high manoeuvrability, pin-point accuracy and radar avoidance features".

The test was witnessed by the Gen Tariq Majid, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee, senior military officers and scientists of strategic organisations.

Pak test-fires nuclear-capable cruise missile-Pakistan-World-The Times of India

its good to see pakistan starts testing missiles, and hope that pakistan will try to make a crs missile with range at least 7000 kms.

we need a weapon systm that can ensure our security and defence in any situation???

"SaM' dhanraj? is sam an anglo or indian name? or none? just neutral maybe?

Sam has stated his nationality with his flag choice. I suggest any other information is none of your business. Keyser

this is good news indeed for pakistan mashallah. pakistan needs to develop IMHO icbm capable of hitting west and east coasts of usa, and israel will also be targetted. this should be a deterrent against all murderous activities of bush and co.

pakistan needs quality AND quantity. and for the latter, i think surely pooling resources of fellow brotherly muslim countries is a wise choice. i believe pak is doing this with Turkiye. i hope it does so with others too.

Shows that Pakistan is focusing on the technology enhancement of Cruise Missiles tested by Pakistan. In light of Pak Defence against any agression, Babur will become the work horse...........

:sniper:

Shows that Pakistan is focusing on the technology enhancement of Cruise Missiles tested by Pakistan. In light of Pak Defence against any agression, Babur will become the work horse...........

:sniper:

hey guys these are tests to see if the missiles achieve the required operational capabilities. its a step in the right direction but it will take some time before the cruise missile becomes operational and is inducted in the armed forces.
so hold your jets!!

"SaM' dhanraj? is sam an anglo or indian name? or none? just neutral maybe?

this is good news indeed for pakistan mashallah. pakistan needs to develop IMHO icbm capable of hitting west and east coasts of usa, and israel will also be targetted. this should be a deterrent against all murderous activities of bush and co.

pakistan needs quality AND quantity. and for the latter, i think surely pooling resources of fellow brotherly muslim countries is a wise choice. i believe pak is doing this with Turkiye. i hope it does so with others too.

Pakistan dont need to hit Israel or USA, whats the point of hitting such places any idea?

Please refrain from making such comments. Yes for helping muslim country our forces may join them like in the past but our defence doesnot target any country in specific

Pakistan Zindabad:pakistan:

The test was carried out to validate some parameters and according to ISPR all were validated.
Good news.

Correct that the test were performed for some parameters checking and all but the thing is that donot consider that pakistan has not started production of missile on large scale since the Only modifications the system will be recieving will be in its Guidance system.

Lets hope Pakistan can fit these on their JF-17's...!!! That will send an important message to any misadventure from the West and our arch rival.!!!!!!

For Yarmook:
But US can hit you any time. Nobody can believe this Father and caretaker of the Zionist state.
Going for ICBMs will perfect the missile development goals as in presence of ICBMs nobody can dare to attack or think an attack on Pakistan.

ICBMs capable of hitting israel and usa east and west coast certainly will be major headaches.
however political repercussions MAY/MAY NOT be predictable. the usa may end up ordering cia coups or such misadventures to get hold of them - like they're planning bombing campaings on pakistan now because of its nukes.

i am happy that they are testing the missiles and all but what i am really interested in how soon can this be inducted into our submarine fleet. does anybody whether the navy is actually working on a sea based deterrent system because this would greatly inhance our second strike capability in an event that things go wrong

Enhancing the capabilities of Babur will make it very difficult for US and others to Strike Pakistan from Sea Based Carriers and all. Since no one can deter US in Air Superiority, you can always hit sea targets with your weapons.

Improvements in babur show that work is going on to make it better and better.

Back
Top Bottom