What's new

Pak Suzuki stopping Alto 1000 manufacturing

longbrained

Reaction score
Under the pretext of EuroII compliance, Pak Suzuki will stop producing alto 1000 from June 2012 and will instead supply the market with Suzuki Mehran only. Since Daihatsu Coure is also being discontinued, the next best car after Suzuki Mehran in this category will become Suzuki Cultus: Compliance with Euro-II emission standards

Why , I think they can be made EuroII compliant. maybe with catalytic converter at the exhaust and fuel injectors instead of carburattor.

Why , I think they can be made EuroII compliant. maybe with catalytic converter at the exhaust and fuel injectors instead of carburattor.

The reason is that car manufacturers in Pakistan are all foreign and are all from Japan and Korea, the so called far east. And they have ganged up to rob Pakistanis. They know that they can stop Alto production line and offer at the same price Mehran and people will have no other choice than to buy them. There is no competition in Pakistan when it comes to car manufacturing.

The reason is that car manufacturers in Pakistan are all foreign and are all from Japan and Korea, the so called far east. And they have ganged up to rob Pakistanis. They know that they can stop Alto production line and offer at the same price Mehran and people will have no other choice than to buy them. There is no competition in Pakistan when it comes to car manufacturing.

Pakistan should allow Tata sales i the country...
Tata nano is needed....

It happened in India when Euro II compliance was standardized car manufacturers replaced with injector feed fuel system and catalytic converter fitted to comply with Euro II, I think a familiar model was sold in India.

However Euro II compliance killed the 2 stoke motorcycles because they got it hard to comply without effecting the performance :cry:

It happened in India when Euro II compliance was standardized car manufacturers replaced with injector feed fuel system and catalytic converter fitted to comply with Euro II, I think a familiar model was sold in India.

However Euro II compliance killed the 2 stoke motorcycles because they got it hard to comply without effecting the performance :cry:

I dont think countries like Pakistan are even obliged to Comply with Euro II standards..
It has made motor maintenance very difficult..
while the good old carburetor needed a wrench and some basic tools to repair and maintain..
The injector engines need,softwares and a whole lot of expensive copyrighted electronics...
Not good for motorists pockets...

what is pretext of EuroII compliance?????:undecided:

Low emissions.....they have a set limit for emission of CO2 for every size and type of engine...
These standards normally cannot be met without EFI and that means ECU and a whole lot of sensors....in the engine which are messy and expensive...

Low emissions.....they have a set limit for emission of CO2 for every size and type of engine...
These standards normally cannot be met without EFI and that means ECU and a whole lot of sensors....in the engine which are messy and expensive...

The funny thing is that Pakistan does not yet need such standards since Pakistan's per capita car ownership is low and the most important thing is that Pakistan has the largest number of natural gas vehicles in the world which are considered green cars because of their very low pollution. Infact an old car from 1980's running on CNG makes less pollution that even a Euro IV standard car running on petrol. This Euro II thing is just a trick to get Pakistanis buy low quality Mehran for the price of a Suzuki Alto 1000. It is a shame.

Pakistani car market is literally owned by 3 giants. Toyota, Honda and Suzuki. They are robbing Pakistanis like anything.

Can you imagine a Toyota Corolla at Rs. 15,50000 without ABS, Auto windows, power locks, Alloys, Air bags etc etc.

Sadly all our governments have been complicit in this exploitation of Pakistani consumers.

With CNG you do not need electronic injection, expensive catalytic converters or anything else. CNG is a clean fuel. Damn it.

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

Pakistani car market is literally owned by 3 giants. Toyota, Honda and Suzuki. They are robbing Pakistanis like anything.

Can you imagine a Toyota Corolla at Rs. 15,50000 without ABS, Auto windows, power locks, Alloys, Air bags etc etc.

Sadly all our governments have been complicit in this exploitation of Pakistani consumers.

No wonder we have one the lowest car ownership in the world standing at 130th among 140 nations: List of countries by vehicles per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Alto car is very popular in INDIA among the middle class segmant, its new Kappa engine is a powerful engine for a 1000 cc design.
Heck I despise the owners of the car when some one driving a alto over takes my Ford Figo 1.2 litre perto engine.

Back
Top Bottom