What's new

Pak Navy shows interest in Umkhonto (Surface-to-air Missile System)

CAFRAD and HISARs are not ready.

But those can be future upgrade options??

how good CAFRAD is, when compared to Israeli MF-STAR??

If HISARs are not ready then that may be the reason PN looking for Umkhonto SAMS??

What upgrade Turkey can offer to Agosta Subs?? are those 90Bs or old ones??

again short range SAMs waste of more money
not short range sir jee extremely short range with the range of just 9 km,price per missile is 1 million $ and the ship has no defense except these expensive missile means no cwis.

not short range sir jee extremely short range with the range of just 9 km price per missile 1 million $ and the ship has no defense except the missile means no cwis.
its pakistan janab must be some kickbacks involve . pakistani awam ko konsa pata chalta hai :lol:

Pak army should lower it's budget to 25 percent

Today's warfare has changed dramatically we should change took

Land forces have little to do know as of before

Before it used to be
Army navy airforce

Know it is
Navy airforce army

Why navy because it's role became multi dimensional it can attack land air sea with one ship

So Pakistan Navy should at least acquire
4 new frigates of 4500 tons with good air defence capabilities and anti submarine capabilities

4 new type 054D destroyers with multi role capability to keep IN out of PN waters

1 Lpd will help Pakistan Navy a great deal and other forces will gel in it we will get at least to green water navy with it IN carriers will think 10000 times to enter in Pakistan

PN bought 8 subs they should have bought 4 we need surface combatant

Countries like Egypt and Indonesia are not in hostility but buying Lpd they are also not richer but they give best to their uniform man atleast

its pakistan janab must be some kickbacks involve . pakistani awam ko konsa pata chalta hai :lol:
sir jee just to be clear so that i wont cause confusion i was talking about the Turkish ship and its defense system in post #51 which according to news we are interested in total blunder.
not about the umkhonto surface to air missile even though this missile is also outdated

But those can be future upgrade options??

how good CAFRAD is, when compared to Israeli MF-STAR??

If HISARs are not ready then that may be the reason PN looking for Umkhonto SAMS??

What upgrade Turkey can offer to Agosta Subs?? are those 90Bs or old ones??
:)

I'm no expert bro. :)

Let's ask @cabatli_53

@SvenSvensonov Buddy you are just repeating one thing again and again.
in some missions but it depends on the resistance of enemy and does Paf have that much leg space to keep a large superior force at bay in land and also provide cover in deep sea I don't think so even if they do try will be able to hold Small force Deployed on AC and defenders with long range Sam.

As for Russian Norwegian thing em pretty sure I have explained about Russian
As It will be Pakistan Vs India
And Russia vs NATO not Russia vs just Norway
Norway does have a good modern force and it's just not that it doesn't have long range assets be it Naval or ground based as for Pakistan Not even single System is available
And Norway keeps a decent Navy by its size while you keep saying Norway and Pakistani doctrine are same but vessels of sjøforsvaret are better equipped and modern against Pakistani navy

Harpoon is not a SAM sir, its anti ship Missile.
Did I say it was a SAM? No, I didn't. I pointed out that whereas 3 ships got a 5 rond LY60 launcher forwards of the bridge, the other three got 2x2 Harpoon AShM forward of the bridge.

small-Ex%20Ambuscade%20inboard,%20Ex-%20alacrity%20centre,%20Ex-Active%20outboard%20all%20taken%206-8-09.JPG

@Penguin will these IR & RF SAMS be good for Miligem (Pakistan expected to purchase) and F-22Ps?? what radar they use and how good they are when compared to similiar SAM systems available in market?? how effective they will be against IN & IAF??
Sure. They can be coupled to any decent 3D surveillance radar (e.g. Thales Smart-S Mk2, TRS-3D, EL/M-2238 3D-STAR) and/or long range infrared search and track system (e.g. Thales Sirius or Artemis, or Vampir)

Comparable to Mica, Iris-T

@T-123456 @Sinan @cabatli_53

Will you guys equip your TF-100s with CAFRAD sensor suite?
Of course,what else?

great news if true. :) is ADA & Miligem are same? Because a thread on PDF that PN is interested n ADA class ships of Turkey.
Milgem is the name of the program.
ADA class corvettes was the start,i class(TF-100) frigate is next and finally the TF-2000 destroyer.

For that CIWS would be more appropriate.
Sure. For a frigate, it is better to combine with CIWS, or use radar seeker guided missile. So is Umkhonto-like Sam useful? sure! But is it effective? No, at at least compared to common used radar seeker guided one.

Back
Top Bottom