What's new

Pak Navy demonstrated combat readiness & War Fighting capabilities through Live Weapon Firing at North Arabian Sea. Missiles & Torpedoes

If I'm not mistaken, the missile was launched from a submerged vessel and i don't think the Exocet has this capability.
SM39 is submarine launched. It does have the capability to be launched from a submerged vessel, there are videos available online. Do we know if the upgrade of PN submarines would enable them to fire other anti-ship missiles apart from Exocet and Harpoon?

SM39 is submarine launched. It does have the capability to be launched from a submerged vessel, there are videos available online. Do we know if the upgrade of PN submarines would enable them to fire other anti-ship missiles apart from Exocet and Harpoon?
''Pakistan announced the setting up of a Naval Strategic Force Command headquarters in 2012, indicating an intention to put nuclear weapons at sea. The indications are these weapons will be nuclear-armed cruise missiles on some of its current submarines. In 2018, Pakistan announced the successful underwater test launch of the Babur, a 450 km range cruise missile, which had its first test in 2017 (Staff Reporter 2018). Pakistan’s Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) described this result as “the successful attainment of a second strike capability” (Sial 2018). Given Pakistan’s efforts to match India, it is unlikely that the acquisition of a nuclear-armed submarine will lead to any reductions in its land-based nuclear-armed missile forces. ''

If I'm not mistaken, the missile was launched from a submerged vessel and i don't think the Exocet has this capability.
with Agosta sub Pakistan bought Exocet SM-39 [SM=submarine-launched Missile] Blk-2 Mod-2 version

Concentrate the part of the video in which the missile was shown getting inserted in the submarine ..... ;)

[NOTE: In today's Video you can match the missile launch and its trajectory from this video with the video PN released today.]

Today's exercise is something similar to this graphic presentation of DCNS SUBTICS system in a sense that today we launched both Torpedo and AShM from Agosta submarine.

But by the officially issued the video of the today's exercise it is unclear that the submarine which took part in the exercise was an upgraded submarine or was the third submarine which is still not upgraded.

My understanding [or one could say it is just my assumption] is that it was the upgraded one
Not Exocet
I will be happy to know if it was some other missile, video is in such bad quality that one could only make guess about it

Last edited:
''Pakistan announced the setting up of a Naval Strategic Force Command headquarters in 2012, indicating an intention to put nuclear weapons at sea. The indications are these weapons will be nuclear-armed cruise missiles on some of its current submarines. In 2018, Pakistan announced the successful underwater test launch of the Babur, a 450 km range cruise missile, which had its first test in 2017 (Staff Reporter 2018). Pakistan’s Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) described this result as “the successful attainment of a second strike capability” (Sial 2018). Given Pakistan’s efforts to match India, it is unlikely that the acquisition of a nuclear-armed submarine will lead to any reductions in its land-based nuclear-armed missile forces. ''
I do not disagree with the availability of Babur SLCM, however, from the trajectory of the missile, it fits the profile of Exocet. A test launch of Babur would make more serious headlines.

If its exocet then are we just finishing off our stock or we do buy from france??

I do not disagree with the availability of Babur SLCM, however, from the trajectory of the missile, it fits the profile of Exocet. A test launch of Babur would make more serious headlines.
Yes, flight profile of Babur is different
Also, I do not think Agosta90B torpedo launch tubes are capable of launching Babur SLCM (size).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom