What's new

Pak Navy chief meets UK counterpart, defence minister

what about the type 23's? are they not junk? just go for something like the algerian c28a at least. afterall its a modified f22p. or get some type 054a/a+. your navy is useless. and you have only one good sub, pns khalid which only has the mesma aip. whilst the other 2 will get them soon. which will set you back $70 million for the pair.

No the T-23's are not junk.
I would go for the T-26 "if I have the money".
For your info, all 90B's have MESMA.

Copy pasting info from the net does not make us an expert on the subject.
Serving onboard these vessels does.

Wow I just check the 23 specs and its service. Its way better than what we have including f22p. But to counter radar and F22p's EW suites we can accomodate and upgrade the 23 to have that and utilize Type 23 vls system to equip newer lighter and better missiles.

No the T-23's are not junk.
I would go for the T-26 "if I have the money".
For your info, all 90B's have MESMA.

Copy pasting info from the net does not make us an expert on the subject.
Serving onboard these vessels does.
well we are building a smaller variant of the t-26 to make up for the low orders of the larger type. so theres and option. mmm.... i read that the first 2 90b's did not have the mesma but the final one did and later on the other 2 would get it. well if you say otherwise so i shall buy it.

Stop buying old stuff what I know UK also offered us Type 45 when Cameroon visited Pakistan on first year of Nawaz Government.
Dude, type 45 is way above Pakistan's league both in terms of cost and tech. In fact apart from Japan, China, S.Korea and India, i don't see any country in Asia who has a large enough budget/economy and industrial capability to operate such an advanced/expensive destroyer.
The type 45 cost us almost $1.4billion dollar each.:woot:
Plus only the U.S(Zumwalt) and U.K(type 45) have destroyers that use integrated full electric propulsion as of today. So Pakistan should focus on other less advanced but modern and competitive frigates we have like type 23

Dude, type 45 is way above Pakistan's league both in terms of cost and tech. In fact apart from Japan, China, S.Korea and India, i don't see any country in Asia who has a large enough budget/economy and industrial capability to operate such an advanced/expensive destroyer.
Plus only the U.S(Zumwalt) and U.K(type 45) have destroyers that use integrated full electric propulsion as of today. So Pakistan should focus on other less advanced but modern and competitive frigates we have like type 23
I know it's expensive but it was offered and if not UK than China but we would go for destroyers soon

it setting us back a billion big ones to replace the engines for 6 of them

It all depends on what UK offer's, if they do it at all.
Yes the T-23's would replace the T-21's.
Pakistan should go for type 23. We would be decommissioning them about 2 decades from now. The first(HMS Argyll) will be in 2023 and last ship(HMS St Albans) will be decommissioned in 2036

it setting us back a billion big ones to replace the engines for 6 of them
Yes the type 45 are expensive even for the U.K, reason we built just half(6) of what we originally planned.Never mind that we have the world's third largest defence budget when they were built/entered service.

Of course, such advanced warships/projects always have issues that comes with them as well. Have you ever seen a big/advanced/complex program like this one without any glitches/issues?? Obviously no. They will be corrected/fixed appropriately.

America's newest warship breaks down at sea after 20 days - Telegraph
Russia's new state-of-the-art tank BREAKS DOWN as it is unveiled for the first time... and military chiefs can't even manage to tow it away | Daily Mail Online
Report: Zumwalt 'Teething Problems' Affecting BIW's Competitiveness | Maine Public Broadcasting

IT'S NO BIG DEAL/ISSUE, Forget about our media always sensationalizing every little news. lol That's their job after all.:D

Give PN the money to buy new ships and they will stop buying old stuff.

bhai saab, even if we give money to PN , no one will sell their top and high tech technology to Pakistan anyway ..
its not about money , even if we have money, we cant have access to much of modern technology .. Money is only a excuse .
i rather choose type 54a instead of these old one's which i am sure will be strip down like OHP from US .
if they are selling it in scrap price than and one than take it ..

Wow I just check the 23 specs and its service. Its way better than what we have including f22p. But to counter radar and F22p's EW suites we can accomodate and upgrade the 23 to have that and utilize Type 23 vls system to equip newer lighter and better missiles.

Our Type 23 is one of the best frigates and anti-sub platform) in the world even today.

Type23 Weapons, countermeasures, capabilities and sensors

HMS Montrose fires her Sea Wolf missiles.

HMS Richmond firing a Harpoonanti-ship missile.

HMS Northumberland fires her 4.5 inch Mark 8 naval gun.
Anti-air warfare
A 32-cell Sea Wolf GWS.26 VLS canisters for up-to 32:

The Type 996 Mod 1, 3D surveillance and target indication radar is being replaced on all Type 23 frigates by the more capable Type 997 Artisan 3D radar.

Anti-ship warfare
An embarked helicopter is equipped with its own dipping sonar, sonobuoys and radars.

Anti-submarine warfare
Land-attack
Guns
Countermeasures
  • The Seagnat decoy system allows for the seduction and distraction of radar guided weapons, through active and passive means.
  • Type 182 towed torpedo decoys.
  • Type 2070 towed torpedo decoy system.
  • Thales defence Scorpion Electronic Counter Measures/UAF-1 ESM Jammer. Used to confuse or block enemy radar making the Type 23 frigate harder to detect and or locked onto by enemy radar/sonar guided weapons.
Electronic Systems
Additional capabilities
  • The Type 23 frigates have sufficient space to embark a small detachment of Royal Marines and their equipment.
:D

Our Type 23 is one of the best frigates and anti-sub platform) in the world even today.

Type23 Weapons, countermeasures, capabilities and sensors

HMS Montrose fires her Sea Wolf missiles.

HMS Richmond firing a Harpoonanti-ship missile.

HMS Northumberland fires her 4.5 inch Mark 8 naval gun.
Anti-air warfare
A 32-cell Sea Wolf GWS.26 VLS canisters for up-to 32:

The Type 996 Mod 1, 3D surveillance and target indication radar is being replaced on all Type 23 frigates by the more capable Type 997 Artisan 3D radar.

Anti-ship warfare
An embarked helicopter is equipped with its own dipping sonar, sonobuoys and radars.

Anti-submarine warfare
Land-attack
Guns
Countermeasures
  • The Seagnat decoy system allows for the seduction and distraction of radar guided weapons, through active and passive means.
  • Type 182 towed torpedo decoys.
  • Type 2070 towed torpedo decoy system.
  • Thales defence Scorpion Electronic Counter Measures/UAF-1 ESM Jammer. Used to confuse or block enemy radar making the Type 23 frigate harder to detect and or locked onto by enemy radar/sonar guided weapons.
Electronic Systems
Additional capabilities
  • The Type 23 frigates have sufficient space to embark a small detachment of Royal Marines and their equipment.
:D
Indeed Sir (Y)

For those who think type 23 is not good i will tell you that it is better than anything PN has or is liable to get. It seems unlikely that PN will go for type 054A anytime soon. These frigates are equipped with some of the best antisub warfare capabilities for a ship its size. Additionally they have a 32 cell vls, originally for sea wolf SAMs, which are now being fitted with quad-packed CAMM (25km range). This means that each type 23 can carry 128 SAMs. Now im not sure if they could also be fitted with CAMM-ER (45km) which would vive them a nice mix of medium and low-medium range capability depending on the loadout.

Additionally they carry 8 Harpoons.

But, as the type 26 gcs is not even in construction yet (supposed to start this year) i doubt these will be available for many years.

well we are building a smaller variant of the t-26 to make up for the low orders of the larger type. so theres and option. mmm.... i read that the first 2 90b's did not have the mesma but the final one did and later on the other 2 would get it. well if you say otherwise so i shall buy it.

Don't always believe what you read.

@Rashid Mahmood
What about Brandenburgs of Germany ?
They will be replaced by F125s soon, why not try for them, away from the spot light.

Buying a ship involves alot of elements:
Equipment, spares & logistics, trainings, nomenclature of parts, etc.
PN has never operated German vessels, so buying an old platform would not be feasible to induct.

However, if PN goes for a new German vessel, which is to serve for at least 20+ years, then it would be a good option.

Ell apart from fancy uniform and medals if they do sensible thinking for pak navy and buy bigger better newer ships and helos

Nothing fancy in a uniform.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom