What's new

PAK-FA You have to be an idiot to compare it with the F22

Status
Not open for further replies.
F-22 & F-35 are > Any russian plane

#1 Technological gap that came in 90's put Russia which was already behind US , by 7 years in 80's another 10 years back

First to field HMC, PESA radar, TVC, bla, bla, bla and yet we are always behind, go figure.

In the 1990 Russia created an 'LOX-rich preburner' rocket engine that perplexed scientists in the west, ironically enough Lockheed Martin purchased these engines, infact, just recently two were delived to the US, with many more before.

Russian industries now have access to microprocessors, computers and in general technology from, the US, Japan, France, Israel and a number of other countries, something that was not possible prior to the 1990's.

Even if we use Microsoft and Intel, our products it will still suck, according to some.

If I go by your standards than I guess the JF-17 is 20 years behind most aircraft and the J-XX will be 30 years behind. Again those are your standards.

Realistically Russia is some what 10-17 years far off from producing a high calibre Stealth fighter

Based on that information I’m guessing you either have top secret clearance to the pak-fa or you're just making things up as you go.

They can obviously create prototypes and call them a plane but they are still not even stealth enabled ,

You seem to be gravely misinformed, so let me educate you.

The pak-fa that you see flying T-50-1 is only an aerodynamics test bed, there is expected to be another aerodynamics prototype the T-50-2.

Although the T-50-1 has many of the features that the F-22 and F-35 share such as as V-tails, sloped intakes, and sloped fuselage it is only a prototype meant for aerodynamics.

Airframe stress, fly-by-wire, and overall performance is tested and not it's 'LO' characteristics.

This prototype, has a large number of antennas protruding from the fuselage, the prototype also lacks RAM, and the rivets are exposed. If you look the F-35 before it's RAM or 'composite skin' is applied it's rivets are also exposed but when painted it's rivets are covered by, presumably film, than primer. The PAK-FA's nozzles are also being designed, Sukhoi has started studying 'flat nozzles, and '2.5 D' nozzles.

There is atleat 6-10 prototypes expected.

The T-50-0 is the static model.

We have the T-50-1 with the T-50-2 expected before the years end, than we will have other prototypes build for avionics and weapons testing, once that is complete we will construct pre-production prototypes that will be complete packages.

During this process one or more of the prototypes will be optimized for 'LO' than it will be tested in a Anechoic chamber, from there it will be tested by ground based radars. From there designers will make changes to enhance it's 'LO' features. You have to consider that the YF-22 prototype went through vary significant changes, including pushing back it's intakes, relocating the cockpit and drastically changing the geometry of the wings.

I also hope you know that Russia has studied and worked on stealth designs since the 1950's but eventually knuckleheads in high command rejected the idea because they didn't like the 'aerodynamics' concept.

Currently Russia also has a number of stealth programs other than the PAK-fa, one being a UCAV.

and plus they lack the weapons to work properly in a stealth plane I mean their play's design has visible eadges

You have no idea what you are talking about, the PAK-FA has two internal weapons bays and new generation weapons are in development, there is also stipulation that the wings are designed to house extra weapons on either side, considering that these weapons stations appear to be inclined by at least 30 degrees, it doesn't compromise anything.

so the plane is not even stealth fully as the heat signatures are visible in all the pics nothing is done in design to hide the heat signatures.

Again engineers are studying different nozzles, Sukhoi has also said that even in the prototype they have reduced the heat signature drastically.

Here is a picture of the nozzles:

First notice the white coating on the nozzles, this is said to be ceramic coating meant to reduce the aircraft's heat signature, than notice the thickness of the nozzles as well as how far back the engines really are. The engines are also said to burn cooler older generation engines.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom