What's new

PAK-FA You have to be an idiot to compare it with the F22

Status
Not open for further replies.

frashid30@hotmail.com

New Recruit

Reaction score
I was watching Al-Jazeera today and there was this report and subsequent interview from one of the defence experts from Janes Defence, reguarding the likelyhood of the Saudis signing a $60billion deal with the USA. The went on to talk about other big defence buyers in the local region, so India was mentioned and its tender for 126 aircraft, que the pictures of a smooth flying russian jet and the mention of the interviewer of the PAK-FA as competitor to the F22 as the russians and indians would have advertised. I could not then believe what the expert then said. At first he laughed and then said, 'the russian are good at designing planes that look good and can do amazing moves at air shows in tight boxes, but to compare the PAK-FA as even a serious threat to the F22 is just laughable. The f22 is decades ahead in avionics, software packages, weapons, not forgetting the stealth. The nearest country to the US in stealth is at least 10-15 years behind then US. the russians always claim alot as the indians do, but not one of their jets has stood against any western jet and is unlikley to as the gap in technology between the two sides is widening'.

I have to say this guy really knows his stuff, so i am likely to trust his opinion.

The interview took place at 5.35pm gmt today (19/9/2010)

i promise you guys i have tralled through the al jazeera website, they have as yet not put the interview up. But if anyone elsesees it can you please record it and and post it on here.

I was watching Al-Jazeera today and there was this report and subsequent interview from one of the defence experts from Janes Defence, reguarding the likelyhood of the Saudis signing a $60billion deal with the USA. The went on to talk about other big defence buyers in the local region, so India was mentioned and its tender for 126 aircraft, que the pictures of a smooth flying russian jet and the mention of the interviewer of the PAK-FA as competitor to the F22 as the russians and indians would have advertised. I could not then believe what the expert then said. At first he laughed and then said, 'the russian are good at designing planes that look good and can do amazing moves at air shows in tight boxes, but to compare the PAK-FA as even a serious threat to the F22 is just laughable. The f22 is decades ahead in avionics, software packages, weapons, not forgetting the stealth. The nearest country to the US in stealth is at least 10-15 years behind then US. the russians always claim alot as the indians do, but not one of their jets has stood against any western jet and is unlikley to as the gap in technology between the two sides is widening'.

I have to say this guy really knows his stuff, so i am likely to trust his opinion.

i promise you guys i have tralled through the al jazeera website, they have as yet not put the interview up. But if anyone elsesees it can you please record it and and post it on here.

Has this expert thoroughly studied an aircraft under initial stages of development thoroughly and placed his opinion based on the flight experiences from US pilots ( or any pilots)???

the russians always claim alot as the indians do, but not one of their jets has stood against any western jet and is unlikley to as the gap in technology between the two sides is widening'.

The Chinese think the same too and they have full confidence in their flankers and migs. Ask their opinion too.

You have to be an idiot to campare two projects whose details are not known to every Tom-****-Harry........

the plane is even not launched,its prototype were only shown to a certain section of people belonging to Indian and Russian military,nothing is known about the plane other than what its developers had released,but still some military analyst's in some another corner of the world know each and every detail of PAK-FA

There is enough material on the subject even on PDF I guess.

Its about USD60BN dollars. As a Banker and Sales guy, trust me, if the deal was such a big deal, where I will get bonus wherein my next seven generations will spend their life in las vegas, I will do better than that so called expert.

....And Corpoarte America excels in Capitalism. Russian are new to the art.

You have to be an Idiot to believe anybody other than your own countrymen. Get in touch with your own countrymen who is conecerned about the country ....

By the way, I sinecerly believe that we should spend our money on building infrastructure. Future war will be won by the country with better infrastructure to allow the economy to boom. As we have invested in Nuclear Bombs , we should now capitalize on this sole sheiled to further our focus to creating great infrastructure.

Can somebody call the Chinese brothers and tell them that somebody is insulting the main supplier of arms to them and calls it inferior to western ( US) ones.

I would then say that this expert was not such an expert after all, or he had an agenda...

Who is comparing PAK-FA with F-22 ??

PAK-FA is little inferior than F-16 blk 52.5 and JF-17 blk 2.2 .. lolzz

You can now relex and enjoy your day :coffee:

Let the production versions of PAK FA start rolling out then we can compare PAK fa,F22,F35 etc..for now the capabilities of PAKFA is mostly unkown then what is the point in comparing?

:rofl:

Expert in what? Making a fool out of himself.

Unless this 'expert' is Mikhail Pogosyan, or a select few engineers that know the full capability of the pak-fa i recommend he put his mini skirt back on and keep out of subjects he knows nothing about.

If you like i can post videos of real experts such as Mikhail Pogosyan, and engineers of the pak-fa.

F-22 & F-35 are > Any russian plane

#1 Technological gap that came in 90's put Russia which was already behind US , by 7 years in 80's another 10 years back

Realistically Russia is some what 10-17 years far off from producing a high calibre Stealth fighter

They can obviously create prototypes and call them a plane but they are still not even stealth enabled , and plus they lack the weapons to work properly in a stealth plane I mean their play's design has visible eadges , so the plane is not even stealth fully as the heat signitures are visible in all the pics nothing is done in design to hide the heat signitures.

As for US offering Saudia/India planes , well they normally like to keep a 10-15 year technological gap to any planes offered to their customers.

F15Silent Eagle is no threat to US , and Hornets/F16 in India will not bother US forces for any future consideration.

Russians made up for lost time between 2000-2010 , so they are still 3-5 years away from any thing that we can really classify as a stealth plane.

When they themselves don't have the stealth plane , I suppose India will have to wait in line

Sure the picture propaganda is there to show Russia as a world power and that its also capable - we get it and respect Russia its a great #2 nation in world, economically perhaps they are more stable now that before

Last edited:
AZADPAKISTAN2009...Saudi F-15s recently being upgraded or going through upgrades are similar to USAF F-15s most USAF F-15s till now are without AESA.

Secondly I disagree with those about russian products, SU-30/35 is total challenge for Eurozone. with AESA it would be more tough. Aside from maintenance, aircraft rcs composite materials and design tweaks I believe russians are progressing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom