What's new

Pak court indicts 7 accused in Mumbai attacks

Screaming Skull

Reaction score
I guess India in in "wait-n-watch" condition. Since the matter is in court so better to see result and then define further strategy.

I guess India in in "wait-n-watch" condition. Since the matter is in court so better to see result and then define further strategy.

Unless he is hang, he can still operate from jails. So nothing good for India.

^^^
That's why I said India is waiting for final outcome. So that it can draw its own plan accordingly.

This news has virtually been blacked out in Pakistan. None of the TV channels (News 1, Aaj and Geo) have show this in their news.

^^^

We understand that but it is of no business to India.

Ground reality is: case is in court, charges are framed on related people --> this is of our concern.

Obviously not something Pakistanis want to discuss.

Dawn news online has the story, not certain if it is being broadcast on Dawn TV.

Pakistan court indicts seven over Mumbai attacks: lawyer​

Wednesday, 25 Nov, 2009

One of the accused plotter of Mumbai attacks Pakistani Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi, center, prays with Syed Salahuddin, right, chief of Hezbul Mujahideen or United Jehad Council, at a rally on June 28, 2008 in Muzaffarabad. – AP

ISLAMABAD: A Pakistani court on Wednesday charged seven suspects in connection with the Mumbai attacks that killed 166 people one year ago, a defence lawyer said.

The men were indicted at an anti-terrorism court in a high security prison in the city of Rawalpindi on the eve of the first anniversary of India's worst militant attacks, which dramatically soured relations with rival Pakistan.

All seven pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Among the seven, who were arrested by Pakistan over the November 26-29 siege on India's financial capital, are alleged mastermind Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi and alleged key Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) operative Zarar Shah.

'All seven of them have been indicted, including Lakhvi. The accused pleaded not guilty as the evidence does not support the charges,' lawyer Shahbaz Rajput told AFP by telephone.

'They have been indicted under the anti-terrorism act and the Pakistani penal code,' said Rajput, without elaborating.

Wednesday's indictments come a week after India handed Pakistan more information about the attacks, which New Delhi blamed Pakistani 'official agencies' for abetting - charges that Islamabad flatly denies.

Court proceedings have taken place behind closed doors with journalists barred from the hearings and defence lawyers leaking only small details.

'We will defend them. The next hearing is December 5,' said Rajput.

New Delhi has been pressuring Islamabad to speed up a probe of Pakistani militants blamed for the 60-hour siege that saw 10 heavily armed gunmen target luxury hotels, Mumbai's main railway station, a restaurant and a Jewish centre.

According to news agency Press Trust of India, the latest information handed to Pakistan included statements of key witnesses, including a magistrate and FBI officials, from the trial of the lone gunman to survive the attacks.

The gunman, Mohammed Ajmal Kasab, has confessed to his involvement in the attacks in a dramatic announcement to a court in Mumbai.

DAWN.COM | Pakistan | Pakistan court indicts seven over Mumbai attacks: lawyer

Actually something we would want to discuss, given all the accusations of 'not doing anything'.

The news validates the position of those of us who argued that Pakistan was proceeding with the case, and that the Indians needed to let the Pakistani justice system do its job.

But beyond 'rubbing it in the face of the naysayers' (which is an unproductive activity) there is little to say on this issue. They have been indicted, so I suppose the trial can proceed.

Not sure if India has provided the voice samples from the intercepted phone calls of the masterminds where they were personally directing the attacks, to perform an analysis on.

I imagine that would be the strongest evidence linking them to the attacks.

Wednesday November 25, 2009, Islamabad

Pakistani anti-terror court has indicted seven accused, including LeT operations commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, in connection with the Mumbai attacks.

The court has also declared 16 people, including Kasab, as proclaimed offenders.

More details are awaited.

26/11: Pak anti-terror court indicts 7 accused

Kudos to Pakistan :pakistan: Finally the culprits are brought to justice. Hope they get what they deserve!

A bit like what pakistan did with the Colonel Purohit case and the links between hindu fanatics and the indian army.

what you want us to discuss here? if anything about this new is to be discussed that is that its a slap on the face of those who were saying Pakistan is doing nothing.

If you see the entire process it was only Pakistan which has done all no worth investigation has come from India.

anyway.

The case is in court and is in process.

Good step by Pakistan.

I hope it has nothing to do with Manmohan Singh's presence in Washington.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom