What's new

Pak Army's 'mother of all battles' might turn futile as Taliban slip away: Locals

hembo

Reaction score
Country
India
Pak Army's 'mother of all battles' might turn futile as Taliban slip away: Locals
Sun, Oct 18 12:55 PM

London, Oct.18 (ANI): Though Pakistan has announced an all out offensive, a'mother of all battles', against the Taliban in South Waziristan, local residents see the offensive as futile as they believe many Taliban have slipped away into other neighboring areas.

There were reports of Taliban compounds being bombed by helicopter gunships as troops moved out in three columns from Razmak to the north, Jandola to the east and Shakai in the west.But people in the region believe the operation has come a bit late.

"Many Taliban fighters, including Uzbek militants, Arabs and Mehsud tribesmen have slipped away into the neighbouring Orakzai agency to dodge the army onslaught and live to fight another day," The Telegraph quoted local residents, as saying.

They said real fighting is yet to commence, as most of the Taliban have retreated into mountains surrounding Makeen and Ladha, and are waiting for the right opportunity to make their moves.

Countries, which consider Islamabad as an important ally in the 'war on terror', have welcomed the Pakistan Army's latest offensive, but they also know it may not necessarily help their struggle against the Taliban in Afghanistan.

Pakistani forces have already made it clear that they would target Taliban fighters from the Mehsud tribe, which have allied themselves with Al-Qaeda in launching audacious attacks on country's military institutions, which means that operation will not target the infamous 'Haqqani network', which has targeted NATO forces in Afghanistan on numerous occasion in the recent past.

Pakistan's reluctance to target anti-NATO Taliban factions has worried both Britain and the United States, but refusal to counter certain extremist groups has neither impressed the people who against western involvement in the region, the newspaper further said.

"The Pakistan army is supporting the Americans, so they (the jihadists) consider the Pakistan army to be like American and Nato forces," said an Inter Services Intelligence (ISI) officer Khalid Khawaja.

Khawaja, who describes Al-Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden as his 'friend, accused the US of trying to destroy Pakistan and declare it a failed state.

"America is trying to destroy Pakistan as a state. You (Pakistan) have to turn your back on America and they (America) have to get out of Afghanistan. Otherwise, this will never end," he said. (ANI)

Ahh indian news sites , what more can be expceted out of them other than yellow journalism ?

There is bound to be certain 'envy' against a successful Pakistani offensive given the tales of the past of wazirsitan.

Pakistani Borthers and Sisters please recite 'Surah Falaq' for the troops that may God protect them from the 'Shar' of 'Khalaq' and also from the 'Shar' of the 'Hasid'.

Last edited:
Ahh indian news sites , what more can be expceted out of them other than yellow journalism ?

This article appread in the Telegraph.co.uk which is a british newspaper.

I have provided the link

Pakistan fights 'mother of all battles' with the Taliban - Telegraph

Any way what the article said was, the military was giving sufficient notice to the militants that they were going to attack them, so its pretty obvious that most of them would have slipped away into other terrotries.

so indian news sites plagerize and copy paste articles from other sources thats even worse than yellow journalism , anyhow

all exit routes from the area have been sealed off for more than a month , how can they militants slip away now ?

usual crap coming out from the telegraph

The journalist belived the local when he said that the militants have slipped out will the journalist belive the local the next the same local tells him that the brits are fueling the insurgency ?

so indian news sites plagerize and copy paste articles from other sources thats even worse than yellow journalism , anyhow

all exit routes from the area have been sealed off for more than a month , how can they militants slip away now ?

usual crap coming out from the telegraph

The journalist belived the local when he said that the militants have slipped out will the journalist belive the local the next the same local tells him that the brits are fueling the insurgency ?

Do you understand the meaning of news sharing ? If your only intention is to blame indian media then have fun.
Most news papers share news with reuters other media organisations. Even pakistan newspapers (eg. Dawn , Jang News ) share news with Reuters.

This operation has been news for a very long time as militants had plenty of time before all the exits were sealed.

If you want live with misconception that no militants slipped away from the area then my best wishes with you.

indians and indian media is eyes and mouth of TTP.
This is retaliaton tactics of of TTP who are sponsered by indians and northern alliance wepons provided by US.

Sun, Oct 18 12:55 PM

London, Oct.18 (ANI):
"The Pakistan army is supporting the Americans, so they (the jihadists) consider the Pakistan army to be like American and Nato forces," said an Inter Services Intelligence (ISI) officer Khalid Khawaja.

Khawaja, who describes Al-Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden as his 'friend, accused the US of trying to destroy Pakistan and declare it a failed state.

"America is trying to destroy Pakistan as a state. You (Pakistan) have to turn your back on America and they (America) have to get out of Afghanistan. Otherwise, this will never end," he said. (ANI)

Its interesting how the ANI mistakenly refers to Khalid Khawaja as an ISI official(implication being currently serving) while the Daily Telegraph article accurately refers to him as a former official.

K. Khawaja retired from the ISI in the 90s and went on to become a mouthpiece for the jihadi network, a proactive cheerleader for the Lal Masjid terrorists, and effectively a good example of reverse indoctrination experienced by the military during the 1990s.

went on to become a mouthpiece for the jihadi network, a proactive cheerleader for the Lal Masjid terrorists, and effectively a good example of reverse indoctrination experienced by the military during the 1990s.
What is the message here for your voluntering out of topic opinion!
This is usual example of how to propogate or insert your agenda in every news.
No one supported lal mosque hosts more vocal and actively than Nawaz league, PPP, Lawyers, CJP, Asma Jehangir and media personals but of course those will never be targeted by the bisaed propaganda.
No one slamed lal mosque more than Pak army.
not to mention indain wepons used by lal mosque terrorists.

Some Taliban may have slipped away into other agencies, but I'd expect the army to notice the movement of thousands of militants from S. Waziristan to Orakzai. I believe the army has a presence in Orakzai, if I'm not mistaken, and if the Taliban go there in large numbers, I'd expect a few more engagements taking place there. Also, launching the operation in winter could work to our advantage. The cold can prevent militants from hiding out in the mountain tops. If they light fires to keep warm at night, they should make good targets for artillery & aerial fire. Eitherway, I trust that the army has monitored this situation closely and launched this operation when they were ready. Inshaallah they will succeed.

LOL indian media , lol man they are always reporting hot air -

And likely non of them even set foot on afghania province of Pakisatan , how would they know what is happening over there

All we care about is we get the cheque delived to us via wire transfer
we take no plastic or loan

If they indeed have slipped away as stated by the article how come army is facing heavy resistance in the area, are ghost fighting the Pakistan army? Certainly not, its TTP and for some reason they have the confidence to have the audacity to fight the PA when they knew the army was coming for them.
Might be because they are still getting aid from somewhere.

Some Taliban may have slipped away into other agencies, but I'd expect the army to notice the movement of thousands of militants from S. Waziristan to Orakzai. I believe the army has a presence in Orakzai, if I'm not mistaken, and if the Taliban go there in large numbers, I'd expect a few more engagements taking place there. Also, launching the operation in winter could work to our advantage. The cold can prevent militants from hiding out in the mountain tops. If they light fires to keep warm at night, they should make good targets for artillery & aerial fire. Eitherway, I trust that the army has monitored this situation closely and launched this operation when they were ready. Inshaallah they will succeed.

I have thanked you because you are the only one who responded sanely to a possibility which the report suggests. I mean the report may not even be true, but the way the hate mongers jumping gun without having the decency to refute it in a civil manner, I do wonder how are these, so called senior members surviving so far in this forum.

@topic: I also expect that the PA is monitoing movement of refugees or talibans in the guise of refusees as suggested by some other report I had come across. The talibans will surely try to go into a hiding to fight another day, and its upto PA to effectively check all the escape routs and completely eliminates the maniacs. GO PA GO!!

I have thanked you because you are the only one who responded sanely to a possibility which the report suggests. I mean the report may not even be true, but the way the hate mongers jumping gun without having the decency to refute it in a civil manner, I do wonder how are these, so called senior members surviving so far in this forum.

@topic: I also expect that the PA is monitoing movement of refugees or talibans in the guise of refusees as suggested by some other report I had come across. The talibans will surely try to go into a hiding to fight another day, and its upto PA to effectively check all the escape routs and completely eliminates the maniacs. GO PA GO!!

the report may exaggerate but there is a possibility that some of elements of terrorists may try to escape in disguise. they may include al Qaeda, some foreign militants and terrorists from punjab. in guerrilla war terrorist try to melt down. in swat operation, several terrorists escaped in disguise and some of them were caught from IDP camps and other areas. i think its the duty of intelligence agencies to keep check on them if they go to other areas. and also the public. people know better whosoever moves to their neighborhoods. i hope terrorist will not be able escape in flocks otherwise they would be exposed to heavy military presence in FATA.

it is quiet possible that some top leaders may have slipped away just like they did during operation rah-e-raast. It's been mentioned many times the militants strategy is never a head on fight with the army, only stooges are left behind to make a stand. PA knows that very well, they'll take care of them just like they did in Swat.

Back
Top Bottom