What's new

Pak Army is aghast at the defamatory and uncalled for statement about the senior leadership of Pakistan Army by Chairman PTI: ISPR

The situation keeps fluctuating from one extreme to another in Pakistan.

Establishment has taken ove the power so many times. That was the time for the political parties and those who wanted democracy to go aghast.
Right now political parties are launching attack on the establishment and they are aghast. Both are an unwanted situations.

Pakistan needs a robust democracy where there may be friction between various elements but not a full fledged spat like the current one.
Establishment is partly to be blamed since they have subverted the democratic process so many times. Best course of action for them to ride the current trough and let the system take its due course. Let the next elections be completely without any interference.
Over few years system would settle down to a balanced situation.

Exactly. The influencers aren't posting pro-BLA material, but they genuinely hate the army and gov. I am on the ground and I know, I follow these insta accounts and tik tokers.

To cover up for their own faults 5G warriors along with Zahid Hamid types would call everything and anything "Indian".

There's a huge underbelly of stuff most Pakistanis aren't aware of or have no clue about.

In the Gulf, Waziri and Maseed PTI supporters also have a soft heart for TTP. On tik tok, there are a number of accounts who post stuff about Imran Khan's birthday but also post sad pashto nasheeds for Hakimullah's death anniversary.

Not everything is black and white.

This sentiment is also rising in Pashtun diaspora as well. The common sentiment I am hearing is "Pakistan doesn't value our voice" "Army snatched our voice from us".

Idk wtf the state is doing but this is one of the fastest ways to nuke your own diaspora.

People love to make fun of Zaid Hamid, but the facts are he's been right about a lot of things. Some of his earliest videos about the rise of hinduvta - people used to laugh at him for this but look where we are now. There are Hindu Muslim riots in the UK:

Back in 2007 warning about Hinduvta and America threats:

Last edited:
Screenshot 2022-09-07 at 3.36.38 PM.png

Exactly. The influencers aren't posting pro-BLA material, but they genuinely hate the army and gov. I am on the ground and I know, I follow these insta accounts and tik tokers.
Irony is that Baloch that live in Balochistan are more patriotic and supportive of Pakistan then their diaspora. Why is this?
This sentiment is also rising in Pashtun diaspora as well. The common sentiment I am hearing is "Pakistan doesn't value our voice" "Army snatched our voice from us".

Idk wtf the state is doing but this is one of the fastest ways to nuke your own diaspora.
We all suffer from the establishment and its tyranny regardless of ethnicity, these same people (you know who I'm referring to) have always riled up and used ethno-nationalist sentiment to cause more divides in the midst of it. There isn't some coordinated conspiracy to put down Sindhis/Balochs/Pashtuns like their leaders and followers claim, the establishment could care less about that.

Hi,

The nation was AGHAST in 1962 when china had india cornered and asked pakistan to take kashmir and the military generals refused to move.

the nation was aghast in the 1965 war before sept 6 when a pakistani general successfully led a charge against the enemy and had enemy at breaking point to cut off indian occupied kashmir---and that general was transfered and his replacement did not show up for 2 days because the replacement was whiskey drunk already celebrating supposedly coming victory which did not happen in the end.

Pak military could have easily gone in and Killed OBL after 9/11 and stopped the invasion of AFG ---but the pak generals wanted to make a vietnam of the US---resulting in 80,000 dead pakistanis---over 200 billion in losses---over 2 1/2 million dead afghans---the nation is aghast at that as well.

The nation is AGHAST when Benazir died---and Collin Powell or Condy Rice called gen Kiyani and asked is Zardari acceptable to pak army---?---And he stated " yes "---. The nation is AGHAST at that as well.

This AGHAST thingy is a 2 way street Gen ISPR---. Th enation has been AGHAST more time than it needs to.

Army has a SELECTIVE position on being AGHAST---it may chose to be AGHAST---or it may chose not to be AGHAST---depends on who is commenting.

Good,
but i think the term great game was coined way before that,
wasn't Afghanistan carved out as a buffer between British and Russian empires ?

Now, think logically and carefully,

Germany is half the size of pakistan population and land mass.
Germany has freezing snow in the winter for atleast 3-4 months.
The geography is not favorable.

Pakistan on the other hand has almost 5 weather,
more fertile land and agriculture,
more water resources,
more population,
more minerals
better geo-location.

Yet each and every leader since pakistan's inception has been a US approved one,
CIA's own declassified files say so.

PS: Don't talk about backward societies etc, none has blood on their hands as much as the "civilized" societies, Be that from political meddling, or nuclear weapon usage.

History is over. Afghanistan existed in various forms before British and Russian empire great games.

Your comparison of Pakistan with Germany ignores the cultural transformation of Teutonic tribes from being barbarians at the time of Roman Empire to the most advanced society in Europe. Germany as a political entity did not exist until 1870s. Pakistan is the frontline where every invader on the way to Delhi batters the crap of what is Pakistan today. Due to that the current day Pakistan was a historic backwater in the Indian subcontinent. Most of the intellectual and economic activity has happened in India proper. Pakistan might have more land, water and people than Germany. But you sure do not know to use them.

Afghans are backward. If they had means of modern warfare they will inflict as much blood on you as hordes of the past like Mongols or Huns.

What is this better "geo-location" Pakistan has ? It looks like something that does not exist in reality @Sinnerman108

So 'aghast' at Khwaja Asif saying 1 or 2 COAS in history were not selected on merit. How dare he say that and consequently imply that if it could happen 1 or 2 times (understatement) then it could happen again. IHC should lose its marbles over this too!

*sarcasm*

I have the opposite experience. The dozens I know DO NOT make any association with Pakistan. I can give you instagram accounts of diaspora baloch influencers (some of whom I know personally) who don't talk about politics but are moreso into selling products/lifestyle and even they DO NOT like Pakistan.

I come on this forum to tell my experiences. I have no reason to lie.

Its not spreading negativity. Its the truth. I am a Pashtun diapsora youth lmao, I know the trends that are going on. Many people do not like the army rn, a lot of them have only started to put "Pashtun" only in their social media bios instead of "Pashtun 🇵🇰" or simply "🇵🇰". This behavior happened immediately after the Vote of No Confidence.

Of course I am not denying that, but the overall trend and message given on real diaspora accounts is different. Gulf, Germany, and Canada seem to hold a lot of Baloch diaspora.

If it was regional then I would call myself "Balochistani" lol.

1. Sindh riots were started by a gangster
2. Quetta kicking out outsiders was done by BLA
3. No outsiders were settling in FATA its just army.

People dissociating from Pakistani identity and flag doesn't mean Pashtunistan is gonna happen.

True, but in my honest opinion Imran Khan and PTI is the fine line that is preventing chaos rn.

Not true. You are missing my point. I am only describing a trend that is going on, that doesn't mean Pakistanis of other backgrounds won't be friends with each other.
Most of the baloch I know hail from Karachi with background from different parts of the baloch province and are from different age groups. I believe u have no idea about their patriotism.its a shame and insult when people judge them. Regardless many who dislike establishment have no problem with Pakistan as a state.
The diaspora baloch teenagers born in west are not much interested in Pakistani politics and most of the times don't have much views .. they have no issues with Pakistan ; their patriotism is usually not at the level as that of their parents and they often identify with their local identity. This is consistently seen in most ethnic groups and nothing out of blue.

Removing a flag out of emotions is a temporary gesture. Some folks here on pdf changed their flags after ncv...they post and we know, they still associate with Pakistan.

Diaspora will change opinion again if things settle down, it's volatile currently. Nothing is set in stone. If IK comes back tomorrow then what do you think will happen? Pointless to make any judgement on anything currentlym Lots of people throughout board are depressed about situation, doesn't mean things won't change. Stay positive and have faith. Change isn't easy its usually painful but you have to be patient trust Allah and keep going

I am only describing a trend I am seeing, have no idea why people on PDF start getting defensive.

History is over. Afghanistan existed in various forms before British and Russian empire great games.

Your comparison of Pakistan with Germany ignores the cultural transformation of Teutonic tribes from being barbarians at the time of Roman Empire to the most advanced society in Europe. Germany as a political entity did not exist until 1870s. Pakistan is the frontline where every invader on the way to Delhi batters the crap of what is Pakistan today. Due to that the current day Pakistan was a historic backwater in the Indian subcontinent. Most of the intellectual and economic activity has happened in India proper. Pakistan might have more land, water and people than Germany. But you sure do not know to use them.

Afghans are backward. If they had means of modern warfare they will inflict as much blood on you as hordes of the past like Mongols or Huns.

What is this better "geo-location" Pakistan has ? It looks like something that does not exist in reality @Sinnerman108

Good,
one thing that allowed those primitive Germanic tribes to settle and evolve to be the best, is the lack of foreign interference.
Pakistan on the other hand like you have pointed out has had too much of it.
I remember when Condoliza Rice was approving even the secretary positions in Pakistan.
Once we learn to clean ourselves off of these american stooges, we will be better of.

As for the location, just look at the map.
The only way central asia , russia, china, get access to warm water and coincidentally the biggest cash market in the world i,e the middle east is through pakistan.

Something that the US will never allow, The US is spending billions to squeeze China in the eastern seas and ensure it doesn't get energy.
A land based route will make all the investment zero.

Back
Top Bottom