What's new

PAF Vintage Pictures remade!

The photo below took atleast 35 hrs....one can note the detail in this photo from watches, galsses, screwdrivers, patches, Gsuits...everything was edited....even lips of people standing;)

01f4df501cd1226b6b8cb1594c92a5ae.jpg

Goodwork 1 mistake bomber are flying straight not going up
They would be at full power and its engine is like a choocho train. So if you can put some smoke coming out of its engines that will make it real.
GREAT WORK with the Saber my old friend FF khan is looking good.

Last edited:
Marvelous, just SAWEET!! :bunny:

:tup::tup: :toast_sign:

I know its asking too much but if you could please! could you mention some history and facts about the relevant pictures as well so we know what and where and who!! Thanx

Great pic's thx a nice Independence day gift!

Amazing work Najam .

Man, I really want to know this trick. Do u somehow manually brush colors into objects ?

I have a couple of planes waiting to get there painting done but i just cant figure out how to color black n white. Perhaps i should search for some tutorials over the net .

Thnx for pumping new life in the pics, guud job!!

Goodwork 1 mistake bomber are flying straight not going up
They would be a full power and its engine is like a choocho train. So if you can put some smoke coming out of its engines that will make it real.
GREAT WORK with the Saber my old friend FF khan is looking good.

Actually the photo came in PAF saga of Courage 1947-87, looks like they twisted the angle...i'll inshallah edit it!

Standing 2nd from left is Shabbir, 3rd one is Ghulam Haider...i believe he was 14 Squadron's first OC of Sabre.

Sitting 2nd from left is ATM Aziz...the squadron's first shaheed in 65war.
Sir, can you name the rest of pilots standing in this pic?

Thanks all for your comments!

I know its asking too much but if you could please! could you mention some history and facts about the relevant pictures as well so we know what and where and who!! Thanx

Well the man sitting in Tempest is Pilot Officer Sarfaz Rafiqui receiving last minute instructions from his Instructor, Flt Lt Jan Mahmood at PAF conversion School 1953. He later got Sitar-e-Jurat & Hilal-e-Jurat for his bravery in 1965 War.

Amazing work Najam .

Man, I really want to know this trick. Do u somehow manually brush colors into objects ?

I have a couple of planes waiting to get there painting done but i just cant figure out how to color black n white. Perhaps i should search for some tutorials over the net .

Frankly speaking i hate that coloring stuff, especially when it comes to work on jets....but coloring vintage pictures is slightly different thing.....

The whole theory behind coloring a black & white picture is that you first select a required portion with polylangol lasso tool, then increase or decrease brightness...then switching between Replace Color and Ctrl+B options....you can get the color you want....

If the picture is dead enough to get any color, then you have to manually use brush over that dead part...just to give a color to start the process.

If you are thinking to add color to jets then i belive you must make few copies of jet's body...i mean duplicate layers....

Then use rubber to remove few parts....depending upon your color scheme....then add different colors to these layers via Variations or Replace color options.

Using brush manually,is very difficult,as it require too much experience....

The picture you see below is actually picture of a model, the colors are added in layers....no brush tool is used.

nice job! najam khan
u should start thinking about printing a book of PAF/Armed Forces pictures - u will need NOC from GHQ but i dont think they will object at all

Back
Top Bottom