What's new

PAF 'Top Gun' JF-17 Designated 'Fierce Dragons'

72102945_893498584358955_4761186056110342144_o.jpg

JF-17 Thunder, assigned to PAF' Top Gun, Combat Commanders School are given the call sign 'Fierce Dragons'. These aircraft operate in conjunction with Mirage Vs 'Skybolts' and F-7Ps 'Dashings' as well as borrowed F-16s from units based at the same location.

jf-17-thunder-inducted-in-paf-combat-commanders-school-1422280191-4270.jpg

JF-17 sq JF-17 Fierce Dragons
orbat_pk_af_ccs_jf17.gif

Is it the same name Chinese have given to FC-1s??

nice to see our area name used by PAF

Not officially but given its capability, became famous as such... like a nick name. Who knows, we can call something as such as our own at-least partially for the time being.

Not officially but given its capability, became famous as such... like a nick name. Who knows, we can call something as such as our own at-least partially for the time being.
i think PAF should promote local culture and names . we will feel proud if they make it official name

i think PAF should promote local culture and names . we will feel proud if they make it official name

Callsigns, names etc are based upon characteristics of equipment and for the role it is designed. For me, it is like that. PAF as a whole is a pride like other branches and I don't think such promoting thing is an issue ever. I still like the names as such as Zarb-e-Azb, Harbah, Yarmook, Al-Khalid, Babur, Shaheen etc etc.

Names are symbol and symbol represents sentiments .TOP GUN being US shows the past excellence and Fierce dragon name represent Chinese Air power .So yes the message is loud and clear .Its China the new dominant power in Air at least for Pakistan

Callsigns, names etc are based upon characteristics of equipment and for the role it is designed. For me, it is like that. PAF as a whole is a pride like other branches and I don't think such promoting thing is an issue ever. I still like the names as such as Zarb-e-Azb, Harbah, Yarmook, Al-Khalid, Babur, Shaheen etc etc.
Which are not all local or Urdu boy foreign names as well ;) Arabic ans I think it’s done because ME is major market for it .

mashaq is local name Urdu ;)

Back
Top Bottom