What's new

PAF receives first batch of F-16 Block-52 Aircraft

f16_offsets.jpg

F-16.jpg

f16_roll_out.jpg

Can anyone please provide me the video clip of PAF F16 bombing shown in this video or any other similar clips without any Channel Name tags.... I desperately need it.
I searched youtube but all that is available is USAF F16 bombings.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

:undecided::undecided::undecided::undecided:

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

jUSt WAna Know that f-16 c's carry CFT or not???

:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

This has been elaborated thousands of time in this thread...

should I TAke IT AS YES??

Arsalan

Yes our f-16's have CFTs ,
These CFTs are not seen on the aircrafts delivered to PAF because they are detachable They can be plumbed and removed on the aircraft on ground because it takes 2 to 3 hours to do so .

These CFTs will be used when there is a dire need because these CFTs can reduce the maneuverability of the aircraft and also increase the RCS (radar cross section )

And these CFTs cannot be used or applicable on our f-16 A/B even after MLU

What is the big deal about gasoline Tunky ?

CFT ... like nothing hightech about it in dog fight if a bullet hits it its gona falme up like a ball of fire ?

I know it looks cool and all but its juts gas ki tunki ...

The main things are the avionics & targeting systems on the new planes and other high tech gadgets which are obviously 10 year old technology now but its still good improvement for our airforce

RainWaterTankMarkIrwinPack.jpg

☪☪☪☪;955276 said:
CFTs are coming but will be used on specific specialized strike missions only as mentioned before ie Strike in India.

Folks,

Stop alluding to the CFT capability in the India-only context. CFTs are multi-purpose. The idea is to increase the loiter time and range. Increased loiter time has a huge benefit during CAP and interdiction missions such as the CAS ones we are involved in at the time. So the CFT capability is not India specific, rather it is for multiple uses.

The more you talk up this India specific issue, the harder it becomes to counter the perception that Pakistan is looking for a fight with India. We are not.

Well it remains to be seen how the F16 C/D will be used in Pakistan Airforce and how much effectiveness of our airforce will be increased due to these planes -

3-4 planes do not make too much difference , if we had a number closer to 50 block c/d and 42 MLU then yes I would say its a minimum requirement for a modern airforce

Egyptian airforce has what 150 F16's?

Egypt flies over 200 F-16s. However none of their aircraft have BVR capability.

Secondly, in Pakistan's case, even 18-36 blk-52s help. The idea is about large strike packages now. This is where the blk-52 with its advanced EW suite comes in very handy. It can provide ECM coverage to the rest of the strike package which would have an assortment of capabilities. These blk-52s provide an immediate enhanced BVR capability which was not available to the PAF until the 26th as such it is a considerable enhancement.

Secondly, with our plans to induct over 250 JF-17s, PAF does not need an F-16 fleet as large as Egyptians or even the Turks because they were able to build up the backbone of their respective air forces with the type. For PAF, the threat of sanctions is as such that the F-16s have to be considered the edge/bonus but not the backbone. Egyptians, if they were to ever go to war against the only adversary for which their Air Force is postured, I.E. IDFAF, would find their entire fleet of F-16s sanctioned the moment war starts. As such a fleet of 200+ F-16s would be nice but eventually run into trouble.

In our case, when the fleet of 18 blk-52s and 45+ upgraded F-16 A/Bs is complimented by the JF-17s, then we have a very potent capability on hand. Lastly, unlike the Egyptians, we would not have the problem of maintaining various blocks of the F-16s. All of ours would have common avionics suites. This in itself is a huge bonus. Think about all of the Field Replaceable Units and LineRUs that would be reduced in the supply chain for the F-16 program in the PAF.

jUSt WAna Know that f-16 c's carry CFT or not???

Just want to add one thing that yesterday at the induction ceremony F-16C were shown with the CFTs on the projector screen, which is a clear sign/indication that PAF will use them when the need arises.

guyz only 3 they are just peanuts for PAF...
if you want to compete with the good then its nothing....

Its 3 of a total of 18 in addition to the possibility of another 18 being ordered. For all the pessimists, please remember the adage "a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush". ;)

There is a delivery schedule. By the end of the year, this number of three will grow into 17.

Two of F16's with Squarish area behind canopy are the C models where CFT's can be attached or detached, the third one seems F16 B perhaps after MLU.

All are new build F-16 Blk 52s.

The ones with the square dorsal housing on the spine are the Ds (2 seat) models. The C's (single seaters) look the same (outwardly) as our existing F-16As (there are many specific differences between the two but for the sake of this post, the two look alike).

The reason there is the dorsal housing on the spine of the Ds is because the ECM equipment and cabling had to the accommodated somewhere because the rear seat takes up extra space. In the case of the single seaters (Cs), the layout is conventional without needing the square dorsal housing on the spine.

Egypt flies over 200 F-16s. However none of their aircraft have BVR capability.

Secondly, in Pakistan's case, even 18-36 blk-52s help. The idea is about large strike packages now. This is where the blk-52 with its advanced EW suite comes in very handy. It can provide ECM coverage to the rest of the strike package which would have an assortment of capabilities. These blk-52s provide an immediate enhanced BVR capability which was not available to the PAF until the 26th as such it is a considerable enhancement.

Secondly, with our plans to induct over 250 JF-17s, PAF does not need an F-16 fleet as large as Egyptians or even the Turks because they were able to build up the backbone of their respective air forces with the type. For PAF, the threat of sanctions is as such that the F-16s have to be considered the edge/bonus but not the backbone. Egyptians, if they were to ever go to war against the only adversary for which their Air Force is postured, I.E. IDFAF, would find their entire fleet of F-16s sanctioned the moment war starts. As such a fleet of 200+ F-16s would be nice but eventually run into trouble.

In our case, when the fleet of 18 blk-52s and 45+ upgraded F-16 A/Bs is complimented by the JF-17s, then we have a very potent capability on hand. Lastly, unlike the Egyptians, we would not have the problem of maintaining various blocks of the F-16s. All of ours would have common avionics suites. This in itself is a huge bonus. Think about all of the Field Replaceable Units and LineRUs that would be reduced in the supply chain for the F-16 program in the PAF.

That is false Eygpt has BVR capability. They have block 40 F-16s. The issue is i think the U.S. refused to give them BVR Missiles. Yet they ordered Harpoons. I know 100% that their F-16s are BVR compatible though. TAI built them and i have seen the FMS list for their orders and their spare parts. As far as Turkey we have been BVR compatible since the late 80s early 90s when we first ordered our F-16s couple decades ago. Since our oldest aircraft are block 30s which had AIM-120 compatibility and since then all of them have been made in Turkey by TAI. Turkey is not in the same situation as pakistan so i do agree pakistan having a large fleet of F-16s could be sanctioned depending on how things go. Since Turkey is a NATO member this would never occur.

Back
Top Bottom