What's new

PAF Pilot interview after hot mission in 1971 war

IAF lost 2 Mig21 in 71 war.
One was shot down by F86 and one by F6.
And that ''famous'' wartrophy of Indian Air Force Mig21 tail, painted with Pakistan flag belongs to one of that incident.
I wonder which one :smokin:

This one :enjoy:

8165890155_d1775568d8_o.jpg

IAF lost 2 Mig21 in 71 war.
One was shot down by F86 and one by F6.
And that ''famous'' wartrophy of Indian Air Force Mig21 tail, painted with Pakistan flag belongs to one of that incident.
I wonder which one :smokin:

This one :enjoy:

View attachment 358504

Actually they lost three in air combat, two in the west and one in the eastern sector.
However good catch.

Going by records, the PAF pilot in the video is Flt. Lt. Aamer who was credited with a MiG-21 kill on 14th December.

Actually they lost three in air combat, two in the west and one in the eastern sector.
However good catch.

Going by records, the PAF pilot in the video is Flt. Lt. Aamer who was credited with a MiG-21 kill on 14th December.

Windy Bhai , i wonder why don't those 10+ Migs -1 :lol: did not follow our Pilots and Aircrafts into Pakistani Territory :azn:

Windy Bhai , i wonder why don't those 10+ Migs -1 :lol: did not follow our Pilots and Aircrafts into Pakistani Territory :azn:

There's a reason why most air battles took place over Indian territory.

Much nicer is the very rare footage of the hh-43!
Yes it was a rare sight to see one flying in PAF colours.
I was surprised at the quality of the footage which is 45 year old to the date.

h43b.jpg

Yes it was a rare sight to see one flying in PAF colours.
I was surprised at the quality of the footage which is 45 year old to the date.

h43b.jpg
We did not contest our airspace too much and the PAF got a lot of flak for it.

But the idea was to conserve PAF assets for the offensive that never came.
The IAF had a free hand at many spots in Pakistani airspace and with poor radar coverage they were able to strike and get out fast(fearing a repeat of the 65 air combat mismatch)

Even then, they had significant losses to our ground gunners as most of our aircraft were generally well protected in hardened shelters(as theirs were)

The reason a lot of air combat was in IAF airspace as compared to us they had much better radar coverage and many more aircraft.

What the PAF pulled off in 71 is a pretty strategic coup (which was useless because the national leadership capitulated)

Yeah i get that now ... but did you notice how Calm and Confident he is when giving the Interview , he just blow the F out of one IAF mig probably few hours ago and now he is all calm and cool and ready to see more action :D

Yeah i get that now ... but did you notice how Calm and Confident he is when giving the Interview , he just blow the F out of one IAF mig probably few hours ago and now he is all calm and cool and ready to see more action :D
It is possible that the Mig-21 was not shot down:

A brief scrap took place between ‘relatives’ of the MiG family on 14 December when three F-6s of No 11 Squadron, which were on an armed recce mission in Shakargarh area, sighted four patrolling MiG-21s. Flt Lt Aamer Sharief manouvred behind one of the trailing aircraft and fired a Sidewinder. The outcome of the claim has remained moot as the engagement took place in enemy-controlled territory and, no further details of the wreckage or pilot status have emerged ever since.

A brief scrap took place between ‘relatives’ of the MiG family on 14 December when three F-6s of No 11 Squadron, which were on an armed recce mission in Shakargarh area, sighted four patrolling MiG-21s. Flt Lt Aamer Sharief manouvred behind one of the trailing aircraft and fired a Sidewinder. The outcome of the claim has remained moot as the engagement took place in enemy-controlled territory and, no further details of the wreckage or pilot status have emerged ever since.

Is it Possible that an enemy can Hide its Loss ?

Yes, I had posted it in pakdef.com, what's your name in the other forum ?
I'm no member of the forum you mentioned.
The video was sent to me by a contact in Pakistan.

Some IAF accounts admit the loss of 6 MiG-21s in Western theatre including 2 in air battles.

Back
Top Bottom