What's new

PAF looking for new engine for Jf17 Block 3 (RD33 engine)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarrar

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
So recently news has surfaced on the net that PAF wants a new engine for Jf17 Block 3 other than what they are already using which is RD93.

The new engine which they are looking at seems to be RD33 engine which are used in Mig33.

My take is, Pakistan should now turn towards medium to heavy Wright fighter. JF17Blk 3 should be the last of light weight fighter which was also highlighted in this video. PAF should bring in medium to heavy weight fighter with best available engine and TVC should not be sidelined. I have said many times in the past and sticknto my stance that Jf17 is not a solution for everything and PAF should now move forward a explore medium or heavy weight fighters. Jf17 will serve its purpose but on my as light weight fighter, nothing more.

What do you guys think.

One of the news breaker

@tarrar - I'm pretty certain no one (here) follows these j@ck @$$ YouTube Channels.

YouTube is full of these videos. There is no source and the only form of source is being collected by information already being posted on PDF.

And you've been around on PDF for over a decade. You outta know that there is Thread just for JF-17 Thunder. There isn't really a need for a new Topic.

@tarrar - I'm pretty certain no one (here) follows these j@ck @$$ YouTube Channels.

YouTube is full of these videos. There is no source and the only form of source is being collected by information already being posted on PDF.

And you've been around on PDF for over a decade. You outta know that there is Thread just for JF-17 Thunder. There isn't really a need for a new Topic.

Engine is still a question mark. Going by the books we bought 150 RD-93s. With BLK-1, BLK-2, B, Exports and Prototypes number of jets reaches close to 150. And as of today there has been no news of a new order. With BLK-3 going into full production in 2021 and onwards, what will power them.

Well our good friend Wiki, gives following details:

RD-33
Baseline model developed in 1976 to power the MiG-29. Development work started in 1968 at the Klimov Design Bureau, led by Sergey Isotov. The first few engines for the 9.01 MiG-29 prototype were equipped with a longer nozzle, without the double wall design, which is featured on the current RD-33 and RD-33MK models.

And on later model of the same RD-33 MK

RD-33MK

The RD-33MK "Morskaya Osa" (Russian: Морская Оса: "Sea Wasp") is the latest model developed in 2001. It is intended to power the MiG-29K and MiG-29KUB shipborne fighters, however it has also been adopted for the MiG-35. The RD-33MK develops 7% higher thrust, is digitally controlled FADEC and smokeless unlike earlier RD-33 engines, has increased afterburner thrust to 9,000 kilograms-force (88,000 N; 20,000 lbf) and dry weight 1,145 kilograms (2,524 lb) compared to the baseline model through modern materials used on the cooled blades, although it retains the same length and maximum diameter. Incorporated is an infrared and optical signature visibility reduction systems. Service life has been increased to 4,000 hours. The RD-33MK ensures shipborne fighters unassisted take-off capability, retain performance in hot climate environment and, naturally, a boost in combat efficiency for MiG-29 fighter latest variant.

Now @Syed Hammad Ahmed please stop banging your head.:cheesy:

THIS IS WORST YOUTUBE CHANNEL OF PAKISTAN DEFENSE OFTEN HE QUOTES DIFFERENT DEFESE FORUM WITH A INCLUDING OF HIS WISHFUL THINKING, I OFTEN VISIT HIS CHANNEL FOR LAUGH

If PAF opts for a new engine for the block 3...it would be the WS 13E...

Short answer is engine upgrade is needed ..
But is one available ?..that is the real question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom