What's new

PAF Future Procurement Options

Zhukov

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Every Country is setting up future plans to procure 5th gen platforms for there Airforce.
Pakistan however does not seem to be interested in any such procurement program.
Altough Most of auch programs are in early stage of developement still we can look into Possible Future sources from where we can procure such technology.
1-J-31
Chinese 5th gen platform that is specifically meant for export and liggter version of J20. Thsi will come strings free.
1401612188793.jpg

Crew: one (pilot)
Length: 16.9 m (55 ft 5 in)
Wingspan: 11.5 m (37 ft 9 in)
Height: 4.8 m (15 ft 9 in)
Wing area: 40 m2 (430 sq ft)
Engines: 2 x WS-13 Taishen
Avionics: Chinese AESA Radar and other avionics
Chinses Armaments

2-TFX
A project bg TAI turkey. Due to be Completed in 2020 by Turk sources
1401613579520.jpg

AESA radar to be developed by ASELSAN
Engine: 2 x Pratt Whitney F-135
or General Electric F110 series or Eurojet EJ230

3-KAI KF-X
Joint Project by South Korea and Indonesia. To be inducted in 2021
1401613666261.jpg

Crew: 1 or 2
Length: 16.7 m (54.79 ft)
Wingspan: 11.4 m (37.40 ft)
Height: 4.58 m (15.02 ft)
Powerplant: 2 × F414-GE-400K/EPE or EJ200 afterburning turbofan
Maximum speed: Mach 1.8
Avionics
Datalink capabilities
AESA radar
IRST
E/O Targeting System (EOTS)

How is J-31 stealth with weapons loaded outside in open?

Doesn't that increase the RCS?

Future Pakistan Air Force will be a very powerful one. As China rises in aviation and becomes as good as West...PAF's power rises with that.

:nana:

F-16s, JF-17s, and Miraages are good to keep iaf in cage for now.

But PAF must get air-superiority, long-range fighters to become a strategic force in the region.

PAF should have the capacity to launch a sustained brutal aerial assault campaign in 3,500km vicinity around Pakistan.

JF-17 Thunders fitted with IFR probes are a step in right direction.

UAVs! Don't forget UAVs. They may not be very reliable for deep strike missions with the present level of tech, but they can lend a hand in short range air-support role, and air defence role. Equip UCAVs with wvr missiles, and assign them to air base defence, EEZ defence. For air-support role ucavs allow greater number of sorties to be made, with lesser pilot fatigue, thus ensuring more hours of continuous operation. We should equip our ucavs with light-missiles like omtas, and cirit for a start.

We have everything except money, what's the point of discussing more?

UAVs! Don't forget UAVs. They may not be very reliable for deep strike missions with the present level of tech, but they can lend a hand in short range air-support role, and air defence role. Equip UCAVs with wvr missiles, and assign them to air base defence, EEZ defence. For air-support role ucavs allow greater number of sorties to be made, with lesser pilot fatigue, thus ensuring more hours of continuous operation. We should equip our ucavs with light-missiles like omtas, and cirit for a start.
After the US UAV hacking incidents by Iran. I will not put my money in Advance tech UAVs. Only Moderate UCAVs for counter insurgency and Reconiscence

We have everything except money, what's the point of discussing more?
Who told you that? We only put procurements on HOLD to give cusion to more economic developement. and Economy is recovering as per IMF reports and all international Economic journals. So PAF procurements will begin in coming 2 to 3 years.
I always say dont come up with economic debate to spoil the thread.
We can afford moderate prices tech
thats why i didnt mentioned F35 F22 or ATDX Shin shin. And all thise planes can be Acquired in Joint Ventures with Tech Transfer.
PAF is not going to be sitting duck with only Mirages F16 and JF17 in coming 10 years.
If you have something on topic EXEPT Budget then please share

PAC must design our Next Generation Aircraft so i'm against J-31.

Every Country is setting up future plans to procure 5th gen platforms for there Airforce.
Pakistan however does not seem to be interested in any such procurement program.
Altough Most of auch programs are in early stage of developement still we can look into Possible Future sources from where we can procure such technology.
1-J-31
Chinese 5th gen platform that is specifically meant for export and liggter version of J20. Thsi will come strings free.
View attachment 33433
Crew: one (pilot)
Length: 16.9 m (55 ft 5 in)
Wingspan: 11.5 m (37 ft 9 in)
Height: 4.8 m (15 ft 9 in)
Wing area: 40 m2 (430 sq ft)
Engines: 2 x WS-13 Taishen
Avionics: Chinese AESA Radar and other avionics
Chinses Armaments

2-TFX
A project bg TAI turkey. Due to be Completed in 2020 by Turk sources
View attachment 33436
AESA radar to be developed by ASELSAN
Engine: 2 x Pratt Whitney F-135
or General Electric F110 series or Eurojet EJ230

3-KAI KF-X
Joint Project by South Korea and Indonesia. To be inducted in 2021
View attachment 33437

Crew: 1 or 2
Length: 16.7 m (54.79 ft)
Wingspan: 11.4 m (37.40 ft)
Height: 4.58 m (15.02 ft)
Powerplant: 2 × F414-GE-400K/EPE or EJ200 afterburning turbofan
Maximum speed: Mach 1.8
Avionics
Datalink capabilities
AESA radar
IRST
E/O Targeting System (EOTS)
We are not interested but not at really fast speed because no way India is going to get its first stealth plane before 2020 and that could happen if Russians work really fast than 2020 so we are focusing on getting older F-16 from different countries and getting them upgraded to Block 52 and also producing JF-17 Block II at least 150 to 180 by than China would come up with mass production of stealth Fighters @Luftwaffe

Abay bataya tou hai kiun !!!

No why design own stealth when we can invest in J-31 and get ownership share, modify and further refine design to our needs. Own design/development could cost 10b+ where as one time provided funds atleast 4b investment inject into current program is enough.

My opinion is PAF should focus on Block IV a potential evolution and solution to semi stealth similar to what US is doing to F/A-18E/F as a highly semi stealth variant something that could carry 2 BVRs internally and a couple of them underbelly pod. Realistically PAF hands are full but any future investment should go towards further improvements to JF-17 Blocks.
163474043-Advanced-Super-Hornet-Media-Brief_page21_image264.jpg

Last edited:
Who told you that? We only put procurements on HOLD to give cusion to more economic developement. and Economy is recovering as per IMF reports and all international Economic journals. So PAF procurements will begin in coming 2 to 3 years.
I always say dont come up with economic debate to spoil the thread.
We can afford moderate prices tech
thats why i didnt mentioned F35 F22 or ATDX Shin shin. And all thise planes can be Acquired in Joint Ventures with Tech Transfer.
PAF is not going to be sitting duck with only Mirages F16 and JF17 in coming 10 years.
If you have something on topic EXEPT Budget then please share
Wait what you're saying is PAF has the money in their hands from before and are just waiting for the right time to start spending? Or by hold do you mean they havent actually recieved the funds

No why design own stealth when we can invest in J-31 and get ownership share, modify and further refine design to our needs. Own design/development could cost 10b+ where as one time provided funds atleast 4b investment inject into current program is enough.
The definition of stealth and 5th Gen Aircraft varies. our aviation industry must define and design out next generation aircraft in order to grasp the concept of stealth.

My opinion is PAF should focus on Block IV a potential evolution and solution to semi stelath similar to what US is doing to F/A-18E/F as a highly semi stealth variant something that could carry 2 BVRs internally and a couple of them underbelly pod. Realistically PAF hands are full but any future investment should go towards further improvements to JF-17 Blocks.
163474043-Advanced-Super-Hornet-Media-Brief_page21_image264.jpg
I have been suggesting the exact same thing.

The definition of stealth and 5th Gen Aircraft varies. our aviation industry must define and design out next generation aircraft in order to grasp the concept of stealth.

I have been suggesting the exact same thing.

Well my friend lets hope Block IV someday fulfill dreams, that would be a nightmare for neighbor, small semi stealth relatively low cost larger in numbers but again ECONOMY is the what we should forward to.

Back
Top Bottom