What's new

Paf Fighter Pilot Died In Jordan

No PAF does not but at the time of Burial/ interment his Sqd gives him a standard Fly Past.

I wish they would start a new tradition of the aircraft breaking away from the formation then. If they do a standard fly past, they might as well do the missing man.

I love the american way, I dont know what it is called,

its a standard formation flypast, but when it reaches the site, one of the aircraft breaks upwards into the sky. I think it is a very emotional way of showing respect to a soldier, a pilot.

Yes, that is the missing man formation. One of the aircrafts either pulls away over the funeral site or it's missing from the start.

May the brave pilot Rest in Peace. Its sad when good men die due to others' carelessness

SIR NOMAN, I USED TO CALL HIM NOMIE BHAI WAS MY BROTHERS COURSEMATE AND WAS MY SENIER IN THE PAF. VERY NICE GUY..... CAME TO US FOR 3 MONTHS COURSE AND CAME TO VISIT ME, WE WERE TOGETHER FOR SOME TIME IN RISALPUR AND THEN WE USED TO MEET ONCE IN A WHILE AT SOME BASE ( MOSTLY KARACHI ) AS THEN HE WAS ON MIRAGES.
I WAS SUPPOSSED TO BE WITH HIM IN RISALPUR ON K -8'S, WHEN I DICIDED TO LEAVE PAF.
I STILL CHEERISH THOSE FEW DAYS IN 2006 WHEN HE WAS IN US THE MOST AS WE WENT TO DIFFERENT PLACES AND TALKED ABOUT OUR PAST LIVES ( BACK IN 80,S) WHEN AIR CDRE ALTAF WAS BASE COMMANDER LAHORE AND MY DAD ( HIMSELF RTD PAF OFFICER ).
IF I WANT I CAN KEEP WRITING ABOUT THE TIMES WE HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FROM CHILD HOOD TO COUPLE OF MONTHS BEFORE HIS CRASH IN THE US.
MAY ALLAH SHOWER HIS BLESSINGS UPON HIM AND EMPOWER HIS PARENTS , SISTER, WIFE AND KIDS WITH THE STRENGTH TO BEAR THIS GREAT LOSS......I HOPE AND PREY IF I COUD EVER BE OF ANY ASSISSTANCE TO HIS FAMILY I WILL ALWAYS BE THERE....

May ALLAH THE ALMIGHTY SHOWERS HIS BLESSINGS on the departing soul with much ocurage for the shahid's family. AMIN

Anyone? how many PAF pilots are serving or been deputed in muslim countries or elsewhere!

Ina'llilah-e-Wa'ina' eleh-e- Rajeun. May Allah devine him a place closer to the Prophet Muhammad ( sallahu alehe walehi wasalam) and give his family the Greatest Courage ... A man returned to Allah ....Bless him

My condolenses and Regards for those who kept the Our flag high::pakistan:

His father Air Cdr Altaf Sheikh was a veteran of 1965 war. He ejected from a PAF B-57 over India and was taken as a POW.

Yes during 2nd attack on the Indian Airfield, his B-57 under heavy fire he and his Back Seat Pilot had to eject. They avaded the indians for 17 hours after ejecting. They were saved by Indian Policemen, when they were captured and attacked by villagers.

Back
Top Bottom