What's new

PAF CONFIRMS DELIVERIES OF FOLLOW-ON ERIEYE AEW&C

There's a program for the long term to replace the Orions (as per the CNS in multiple interviews). The CNS said they were open to US options, but I think they're looking at configuring a business jet (e.g., Bombardier Global 6000).

Yep, Swordfish is looking good for our next gen.
Prilim negotiations have started.

Yep, Swordfish is looking good for our next gen.
Prilim negotiations have started.
I heard they were OK with the Swordfish system, but not too sure about the Bombardier platform.

Brazil is also interested in a similar project, but with the larger (and thus longer ranged, and heavier payload) Embraer E-Class.

Interestingly, Saab took out the Bombardier Swordfish from its product catalog, which may indicate plans (with Brazil) to move it to the E-Class.

I heard they were OK with the Swordfish system, but not too sure about the Bombardier platform.

Brazil is also interested in a similar project, but with the larger (and thus longer ranged, and heavier payload) Embraer E-Class.

Interestingly, Saab took out the Bombardier Swordfish from its product catalog, which may indicate plans (with Brazil) to move it to the E-Class.

Yep, PNAv want a jet powered platform.

Yes read the interview, PN wants a jet powered aircraft for anti ship/submarine role.
I seriously think PN does not have off the shelf solutions available and will need to partner up for a tailored platform which could fire Chinese or local variant anti ship missiles and data link with its surface vessels without US propriety protocols.
I don't think there are any options that can match P-3Cs ability to carry 8 Harpoons for a saturation attack and its 16hr endurance capability. So expect them to serve long.

Does Turkey has any AEW platform???
@cabatli_53 @dBSPL

You can always do a mix, few Global-Eye and rest ER, can't place a price on D when have a bully next door.

I hate to add a third type, but if CSF $ comes available, PAF can always pass on the ZDK-03 to PN and purchase 3 or 4 Wedge Tails for itself.

In presence of Rafael with IAF, latest version of Erieye should be part of PAF, also addition and upgradings of DA-20s also needed to face future threats.

In presence of Rafael with IAF, latest version of Erieye should be part of PAF, also addition and upgradings of DA-20s also needed to face future threats.
We also have a very small number of ISR platforms.

SAAB are missing an opportunity here, if they keep letting India pull her strings. PAF could well be a customer for both the ER and Swordfish. India has not purchased anything of substance or value from SAAB, and nor will they. SAAB has real commercial opportunities in Pakistan and, as they say, a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush... and lord knows how many fingers and hands are in India's bush, right now...

SAAB are missing an opportunity here, if they keep letting India pull her strings. PAF could well be a customer for both the ER and Swordfish. India has not purchased anything of substance or value from SAAB, and nor will they. SAAB has real commercial opportunities in Pakistan and, as they say, a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush... and lord knows how many fingers and hands are in India's bush, right now...
Just an opinion, but I think the PAF and PN will make a play for the GlobalEye and Swordfish.

If we can't get new fighters, we can spend much less and give the JF-17s better coverage via the GlobalEye.

Back
Top Bottom