What's new

PAF Bus Attacked

I came across a very nice article on use of air power in NWFP and Afghanistan by British with historic photos and wanted to share it,

Khyber Gateway >> Aviation History of the Frontier

Here it is amazing that Col Lawrence (Lawrence of Arabia), who initiated a revolt in arab world against turkish rule during First World War, was also sent to NWFP to test his genius.

EXCELLANT ARTICLE.

Regards

PAF mini truck becomes victim of terrorism in Peshawar: PAF

Updated at: 2200 PST, Tuesday, August 12, 2008
PESHAWAR: A mini truck of Pakistan Air Force (PAF) became a victim of terrorism. The security agencies are investigating the matter, according to PAF sources.

Ten personnel were martyred which include five PAF Airmen, two civilians staffers of PAF, two sepoys of Defence Security Guard and one body is yet to be identified.

The five injured are being treated at Lady Reading Hospital, Peshawar and include three PAF Airmen and two sepoys of Defense Security Guard.

The funeral prayers for the deceased was offered at PAF Base, Peshawer.

Air Vice Marshal Faiz Amir, Air Officer Commanding, Northern Air Command and a large number of military and civilian officials attended the funeral prayers. The bodies are being dispatched to respective native towns for burial.

List of martyred belonged to Corporal Technician Aasim (Faisalabad), Corporal Technician Shahzad (Lahore), Junior Technician Saqib (Shaikhu Pura), Junior Technician Shabir (Chakwal), Aircraftman Moeen (Poonch, Azad Kashmir), Civilian Driver Fazal (Peshawer), Washerup Asmatullah (Peshawar), Sepoy Tanvir (Kahuta, Rawalpindi) and Sepoy Fazel-e-Khaliq (Karak).

List of injured belong to Chief Technician Zarab Ali (Noshehra), Junior Technician Idrees (Karachi), Aircraftman Saifullah (Sawabi), Sepoy Tufail Ahmed (Noshehra Fairoz, Nawabshah) and Sepoy Shakil (Khushab).

PAF mini truck becomes victim of terrorism in Peshawar: PAF

Rest in Peace.

My sincere condolences to the dead soldiers and civilians.

Terrorism is the religion of basterds and we need to get rid of it.

Shehbazi, IMO till now PAFs offensive participation has been limited in this WoT due to nature of targets, complexity of terrain, choice of weapons available and few miscellaneous reasons…

I understand that PAF does enjoy a good reputation because of its past/present operational roles and neutrality from politics etc and PAF would like to maintain her posture BUT please take also in the consideration that her men were never bombed in town/cities in last 60 years….Sentiments were already very high in Airforce after Sargodha blast, and after this one, I think that there will be some show of power from PAF…

May God bless the departed souls…

I think the reputation of the PAF remains intact. The PAF is being targeted because it was an opportune target and not because the tribals have a specific gripe against PAF (in the past they have hit everyone, PA, PN, PAF, ISI, Police etc.). PA may be taking more precautions or the militants simply may not have an opportunity to strike others.

As I said earlier, the suicide bombings are a sign that Army operation is having a serious impact on the Taliban and they are unable to fight back so they are going for soft targets. In the short term these types of attacks cause fear, but in the long run it actually dilutes support of the militants and will actually help the government as the public opinion will change against these Taliban militants. The problem is the government (Musharraf's as well as the current one as they ease up after political pressure). They will not sustain pressure on these people. Instead look to talks etc.

The key is to sustain military pressure in the tribal regions and punish these guys hard.

I have the feeling that it is orchestrated by either PPP or Nawaz party. Just remember that during Musharraf he army was attacked. Then after election they stopped cause they won and thought they had the power. Now suddenly one starts attacking PAF bus? It can only be dony by parties like PPP and Nawaz that hate the army, navy and airforce cause they do represent something they hate... Loyal, honest and hardworking people.

The PPP and Nawaz party is filled with arrogant rich stupid people and how on earth can these people represent Pakistani? I saw PTV interveiw where a rich b i t c h of PPP told that their supporters were undeducated and poor.... That just shows they bought votes...

My condolences to those killed.

Their murder highlights the nature of the enemy of Pakistan and they should be avenged.

Back
Top Bottom