What's new

PAF Air Chief in Russia discusses joint exercises

Well he was invited by his Russian counterpart.

On another note, i understand that PAF is in talks with Qatar regarding their Mirage-2000s.

Qatar has only 12 Mirage 2000 what purpose will it serve with just 12 or you are considering buying UAE's 42 Mirrage 2000 too ?

Well he was invited by his Russian counterpart.

On another note, i understand that PAF is in talks with Qatar regarding their Mirage-2000s.

APP112-11Doha.jpg

News was back in 2014 about retiring UAE Mirage 2000-9. I think these are planned to replace aging Mirage-rose crafts of PAF. So also, we already have enough experience to maintain these in Pakistan. Seems like, we are trying to acquire as much as used ACs from where we can as per our current fleet to fill the gapes as well as replace the aging crafts that too without purchasing new while following the future planning.
Though, speculation still.... need time and lets wait however, hope for the best and good luck. Something must be cooking as the kitchen is meant to be for.

Sir we had an option of going for UAE Mirages too. But given the recent increased interactions between Pakistan and Qatar, these Qatari Mirages seem a good option. Any info of life span and capabilities of these Mirages?

Last edited:
PAF chief visits Moscow’s aviation industry; observes modern fighter’s performance

http://www.app.com.pk/paf-chief-vis...ndustry-observes-modern-fighters-performance/

Qatar has only 12 Mirage 2000 what purpose will it serve with just 12 or you are considering buying UAE's 42 Mirrage 2000 too ?

Even 12 aircraft as dedicated interceptors leaves others to perform alternative duties, however if PAF does go for these, no doubt it will look elsewhere to increase strength to at least a couple of units.

There was supposed to be a Russian Pakistan Army exercise as well? What happend to that?

What this shows
150 JF17 -------------------- 35 Mil /Piece
100 F16 --------------------- 20 Mil/Piece (After MLU and used acquisition)
12 + 48 Mirages (UAE + QATAR) ------------- No idea about used Mirage prices but idea is around 20 Mil /Piece
Dedicated Russian SU35 --------------------- High End fighter will cost (500 Mil for half a dozen as per previous posts)
F7 PG 50
----------------------------------
Force to reckon with and quite possible

Considering our replacement of 190 + fighters in coming days only handful of F7PG will survive post 2020 .I made Mirage acquisition for Mirage 2000 couple of months back in this forum based on assessment but some members didn't like the idea but it appears it is on the card and probably most cheapest solution as well

This is the best Pakistan needs
friendship with China & Russia.
Thanks God
The USA ruleing days end and Pakistan will prosper

I am baffled by M2K rumour. @Khafee do you guys plan to replace your deltas any time soon? There was talk of Rafale if I recall. Replacement of Mirage2000-9?

Building infrastructure for Mirage 2000 will be a huge challenge. Not to forget, we will need to buy new weapons for them as well like MICA etc. MLUed F-16 seems much better option. Simpler and cost efficient.

If that RUMOR have any weight than that might be fit only for replacement of Dedicated Naval Mirage squadron which I think have 15 jets in number .... In that case JF-17 will keep performing Multi-role fighter role including Naval Support in south ....

Last edited:
I am baffled by M2K rumour. @Khafee do you guys plan to replace your deltas any time soon? There was talk of Rafale if I recall. Replacement of Mirage2000-9?

Building infrastructure for Mirage 2000 will be a huge challenge. Not to forget, we will need to buy new weapons for them as well like MICA etc. MLUed F-16 seems much better option. Simpler and cost efficient.
there will be problem for Spare parts if we buy only qatar jets, if we also buy UAE jets and Used french then jets will be more than 60 and Indian influence on French will be reduced to nil as we will have more M2K than india.. and this will also remove hurdles rafale deal for UAE as UAE is insisting France to buy back M2K..
@Windjammer @Khafee

M2K also uses same weapons as Mirage 3/5 and F-16 uses.. the new procurement for M2K such as MICA, METEOR etc will also be for JF-17..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom