What's new

PA TANKS comparison with contempory tanks

This is leo 2A6 which as per my info in definitely an upgraded version over leo 2A1, can u see ur so called ''Ammo Boxes'' here...looks like the stupid Germans needs some tips from @Dazzler :azn:

4580364145.jpg

N congrts DRDO has acknowledged ur advice n here is Arjun Mk2 with an all around uniform composite armour.:D
imgarjun2crop2.jpg

its very uniform i can see hmm

Arjun%20Mk-2%20tank%7B1%7D.jpg

a single 9 mm round can penetrate the sight part man :D

Go to google and type "blow-off panels in main battle tank" and see the difference berween a BOP and ammo boxes :)

till then dont waste my time ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
its very uniform i can see hmm

Arjun%20Mk-2%20tank%7B1%7D.jpg

a single 9 mm round can penetrate the sight part man :D

Go to google and type "blow-off panels in main battle tank" and see the difference a BOP and ammo boxes :)

till then dont waste my time ;)

I expected a better come back from atleast u @Dazzler but looks like ur running outta arguments.:)

have you even seen how a blow out panel looks like?

Yes. And it is bolted. Just like the one shown. Have you seen how an external ammunition box looks like? That is a blow-off panel, which is supposed to be above ammunition. Fact. I don't care whether you accept it or not.

Whole Arjun is a compliation of mistakes but will you admit it? Nope

I do accept it. I have regularly stated that I would have rejected both Arjun and T-90S and bought only T-90MS standard tanks. You don't know me as well as you think ;)

The irony is, everyone in India including politicians, bureaucrats, DRDO officials and even public seems to know more about Arjun than the actual user, in this case, the Indian Army, whose is going to use the damn thing in the battlefield. Imagine the consequences of Arjun failing there?

Really? Are you in the Army to confirm this? The Army rated Arjun above the T-90S. That's enough for me. Being armchair generals, we really can't accuse them of carelessness. Unless and until, you are in the Indian Army, I am not gullible enough to believe that they make choices without thinking.

It is so evident that Arjun has multiple serious flaws, gunner sight is deep inside the main armour which reduces the armour thickness and makes the spot an evidet target, a rifled gun thats obsolete around the world, not to mention it fires shots at a meager velocity of just 1500-1600 m/s which is too less for penetration, an engine that tends to fail during trials even in most recent ones against t-90 it did the same despite all the tall claims and lastly an ammunition which is substandard and obsolete both by a long shot. I can count more flaws but lets leave it here.

Everything man makes has flaws. APFSDS rounds are not accurate enough to hit such a target at above 1 km. And the fact is, an exposed main sight on the above is vulnerable to Artillery fragments, autocannon rounds and even HMG rounds from the sides, which an integral turret-based one isn't. There are always two sides to a coin.

The muzzle velocity is 1650 m/s. Not 1500-1600. Muzzle velocity doesn't matter too much if the penetrator is heavy enough to generate enough Kinetic energy.

Give me a source which says the engine failed during trials and I will stand corrected. You make such claims without sources and it is a source of irritation.

Yes its true that too much of national pride is at stake in Arjun but nothing must be thrusted upon the military because its only gonna cause trouble for the nation.

Sad but true really

More than 70% of India doesn't know that a thing called Arjun exists. Not such a matter of pride.

I expected a better come back from atleast u @Dazzler but looks like ur running outta arguments.:)

where is your argumet in the first place man?

See the evicent weakness in the Front armour, an area where most mbts have thickest armour chunk in a uniform manner, is where Arjun compromises. A gunner sight with mere 300 mm armour that can only be good against small caliber ammunition, NOT against tank shells let alone HEAT or HE-FS or even HESH since the cavity is big enough for these ammunition to cause trouble.

I dont believe in repeating the same data, just bother to look previsous pages. Blowoff panels and ammo boxes are two completely different things yar :D

ok wait

see this? its a blow off panel of Abrams

34146819.png

m1a1_details_073_of_435.jpg

arjun2.jpg

three 125mm rounds by three different companies are in service, two more rounds are not revealed..

1 ARDE p2 APFSDS, 620-650mm penetration @ 2000m

kpwuuDP.jpg

2 POF 125mm APFSDS, 460-500mm @ 2000m

125MMAPFSDST.jpg

3 NDC Naiza 1, 560+mm @ 2000m

362_a394.jpg

Phase out the T-80UD, Type 85, and Al-Zarrar. Procure transfer of tech and licensed production of Altay MBT from Turkiye. Sell off most of the T-80's, Type 85s, and Al-Zarrar's to other countries.

three 125mm rounds by three different companies are in service, two more rounds are not revealed..

1 ARDE p2 APFSDS, 620-650mm penetration @ 2000m

kpwuuDP.jpg

2 POF 125mm APFSDS, 460-500mm @ 2000m

125MMAPFSDST.jpg

3 NDC Naiza 1, 560+mm @ 2000m

362_a394.jpg

How effective are these in penetrating tank armor of contemporary tanks?

Totally wild penetration values given for short stubby rounds,650 mm?:rofl:

@abu zolfikar the link cannot be posted sorry about that.

@superfalcon i guess al-khalid haas the edge on paper because as niaz said its only a threoritical comparison.

If al khalid would have been batter than T 90, Pakistan would not have bought inferior T 80 to be used as Main battle tank against India.

Back
Top Bottom