What's new

Overqualified to join PAF?

Nucleus

New Recruit

Reaction score
Salam folks,

I'm almost 19 and studying Aerospace Engineering in UK. It has been my lifelong dream to become a GDP in PAF, as evident by my previous posts on this forum when I was 14? :P

Problem is that I haven't done A-levels or F.Sc.

Can I show my first year university transcript instead?

Please advise or share your experience.

P.S. don't ask how I ended up like that, lets stay on topic pls. Thanks

Salam folks,

I'm almost 19 and studying Aerospace Engineering in UK. It has been my lifelong dream to become a GDP in PAF, as evident by my previous posts on this forum when I was 14? :P

First thing first, are you a British citizen?

If you didn't do, FSc or A-Levels, how did you get accepted in a Uni to begin with?

See thats why I edited my post above to avoid those questions as it will lead to confusion. I did a year long course instead, at the University. Before starting the BSc.

See thats why I edited my post above to avoid those questions as it will lead to confusion. I did a year long course instead, at the University. Before starting the BSc.

Uni prep???

Uni prep???

I think he did a foundation course. I'm still flabbergasted as to how the university accepted him without any A levels etc.
@Nucleus, Bro I don't think you will be over qualified. If your dream is to serve Pakistan then this should really matter. Actually good on you, because most people with that type of education try to get as far away as possible from Pakistan...Unfortuantely:astagh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he did a foundation course. I'm still flabbergasted as to how the university accepted him without any A levels etc.
@Nucleus, Bro I don't think you will be over qualified. If your dream is to serve Pakistan then this should really matter. Actually good on you, because most people with that type of education try to get as far away as possible from Pakistan...Unfortuantely:astagh:

Thanks. So do you guys think I should have no problem with a university transcript instead of F.Sc? note that they do ask for marks in Phys and Maths in their registration form. :s @Xeric can you help?

Salam folks,

A Levels with Maths, Physics and Chemistry makes you elligible to apply however, a number of courses are also converted to Pakistani's education equivilant. Contact the IBCC for more information. You will need to apply for an equivalence certificate and discontinue your engineering degree if you are selected.

I don't think it's over qualification but more chances are of under qualification :pop:

Salam folks,

If becoming a pilot is your dream you can also try the aviation in the Pak Navy through the SSC induction.

Actually you are UNDER QUALIFIED for the armed forces. They require FSc of EQUIVALENT. And you not passed it YET.

Salam folks,

Not sure about PAF but Army considers the marks of Bachelors but still require the FSc.
I had a friend who wanted to join after B.A. He scored 50% in FSc, but First Division in B.A, still he was refused as he scored low in FSc.
I will say same holds true for PAF

Thanks. So do you guys think I should have no problem with a university transcript instead of F.Sc? note that they do ask for marks in Phys and Maths in their registration form. :s @Xeric can you help?

Why don't you wait till you finish your education? I honestly don't know how they check the merit of foreign education standards and compare it to Pakistan's'. And you could always top it up with a post graduate or something?

@Nucleus best thing is to contact Pakistan High Commission Air Attache. He should be able to guide you correctly.

Back
Top Bottom