What's new

Outgoing Pakistan Navy chief details procurement progress

C-802: 120km
C-802A: 180km

Xe1EHSO.jpg

Ex-Navy chief only mentioned contracts which are already finalized.

PM Abbasi reportedly said that talks with Turkey regarding Milgem are going on. Final contract not reached yet.
so the chinese frigates are finalised? what about the turkish frigates they are finalised but await financing?

ok so as per reports pakistan would need to build

2xfrigates from china (2 build in china)
4xmilgem frigates.
1xopv (dutch)
1x1500 tonne patrol vessel
2x600 tonne patrol vessel

Pakistan only has 3 births which are regularly occupied with non military vessels, so how on earth would they be able to build such vessels in a timely manner. this would probably explain the long delay in inducting the subs (2028)

so the chinese frigates are finalised? what about the turkish frigates they are finalised but await financing?

4xmilgem frigates.
1xopv (dutch)

Pakistan only has 3 births which are regularly occupied with non military vessels, so how on earth would they be able to build such vessels in a timely manner. this would probably explain the long delay in inducting the subs (2028)

Yes, Chinese frigates are finalized.

Milgem is in negotiations phase, technical and financial.

4xmilgem frigates.
1xopv (dutch)

Didn't the Navy chief mention "2 opv's, with one to be built in Pakistan". While he didn't say a word about 2 of the 4 Chinese frigates being built in Pakistan.
I was under the impression that all frigates will be built in China.

C-802 (120km) and Harpoon Block II (124km) are relatively lighter missiles than Babur's expected anti-ship version. As seen with Azmat No. 3, heavier AShM's can reduce the number of weapons a ship can carry.

Your statement implies that even the Harpoon's could be replaced by a heavier, long range AShM.
I would suggest not judging AShM's by their range.
Long-range AShM need not be put on every ship. The availability of the new launcher could make it possible that select F-22P and/or Azmat are assigned a long-range AShW role, not all.

so would you expect the chinese deal to be launched before the turkish deal?

Yes.

Two Type 21's (out of total 6) have already retired and awaiting replacement.

Long-range AShM need not be put on every ship. The availability of the new launcher could make it possible that select F-22P and/or Azmat are assigned a long-range AShW role, not all.

Two Azmat ships are already getting a longer range & heavier missile than C-802, i.e. Zarb (C-602?)

Mini SSK along with new AW139, Mi35M all three Tier 1 Special Forces are getting special kit for their roles.

Regarding the Navy it is becoming flexible with equipment for its different roles. It is losing its "Cinderella" feel in the forces.

Yes.

Two Type 21's (out of total 6) have already retired and awaiting replacement.

Two Azmat ships are already getting a longer range & heavier missile than C-802, i.e. Zarb (C-602?)
well then i'd assume it'l be quiet soon since the milgem deal is around the corner. as for harbra, it imagine it would be a ship to shore/surface cruise missile, or a variant of the babur c. the zarb is the c602 and can be launched via vls as it has a protruding intakes

Correction, to those who don't know there is still no contract that has finalized with China regarding who knows what type of class of ships PN will be getting lets be real here and not in dream land.

Correction, to those who don't know there is still no contract that has finalized with China regarding who knows what type of class of ships PN will be getting lets be real here and not in dream land.

What am I missing here , everyone I s basing the info about new order from on outgoing chiefs speech so he misspoke ??

well then i'd assume it'l be quiet soon since the milgem deal is around the corner. as for harbra, it imagine it would be a ship to shore/surface cruise missile, or a variant of the babur c. the zarb is the c602 and can be launched via vls as it has a protruding intakes

Harba will have ship-launched land attack as well as anti ship version.

Harba will have ship-launched land attack as well as anti ship version.
they did that on the babur slcm version which can target objects at "sea" might as well leave the babur name and be done with it. id imagine the zarb [c602] will replace the c802 and be used for coastal defence, the c802 will be relegated to smaller ships, yes i know the of the azmat missle boats have been give the heavy zarbs but smaller ships maybe given the c802.
5196972091_32bc56e6a1_b.jpg

heck look at the syrians................
Syrian+Navy+is+the+smallest+of+the+Syrian+Armed+Forces+missile+boats+antiship+missile+%2528Yingji-82+or+YJ-82+CSS-N-8+Saccade+fired+tested+fired+%25282%2529.jpg

Syrian+Navy+is+the+smallest+of+the+Syrian+Armed+Forces+missile+boats+antiship+missile+(Yingji-82+or+YJ-82+CSS-N-8+Saccade+fired+tested+fired+(1).jpg

coming to think of it. i think the chinese frigates will be around the same size of the 54a [4000tonnes] as i feel the harbra which will be vertically launched, will be hosted on these new ships. as since the harbra is the same size as the babur ~7 meters i think the hq9 may be used as well giving it a longer area of protection. id just like to see how they would counted the brahmos, which radar will be used to detect the missile?

they did that on the babur slcm version which can target objects at "sea" might as well leave the babur name and be done with it. id imagine the zarb [c602] will replace the c802 and be used for coastal defence, the c802 will be relegated to smaller ships, yes i know the of the azmat missle boats have been give the heavy zarbs but smaller ships maybe given the c802.

ISPR didn't mention anything about anti-ship capabilities of Babur SLCM in it's press release.

https://www.ispr.gov.pk/front/main.asp?o=t-press_release&id=3672#pr_link3672

Pakistan Navy is believed to have Exocet and Harpoon AShM's on it's submarines.

ISPR didn't mention anything about anti-ship capabilities of Babur SLCM in it's press release.

https://www.ispr.gov.pk/front/main.asp?o=t-press_release&id=3672#pr_link3672

Pakistan Navy is believed to have Exocet and Harpoon AShM's on it's submarines.
it was in the launch before the slcm launch, i believe rashid mahmood also pointed it out.
https://www.dawn.com/news/1302422

“The missile incorporates advanced aerodynamics and avionics that can strike targets both at land and sea with high accuracy,” the ISPR said.

Back
Top Bottom