What's new

Our so called nationalists

The letters didn't sound the same in ancient times (or maybe even medieval times). Each letter had its own sound,that's why it was different. But in the modern era and with the abolition of the polytonikon system,it's all the same. For example "ω" sounded like two "οο" and "η" was like two "ι",if I'm not mistaken. And many other letters and combinations.
Yeah I know, "η" was like long "ε" (I've had fights about this with an ex-gf who was Greek) dumb broad insisted that "no it was always like this"

The problem with modern greek is that it modernized halfway and it stopped. Turkish writing system is ultra modern and completely phonetical. This is partially why Greek bothers me so much. Either go full modern like Turkish did or full traditional like Attica greek.

ou are on the wrong forum bud. We don't hate Turks here. Especially Erdogan. You need find yourself some libtard forum where you can squeeze all that anti-AKP anger out of your boddy.
This thread is for nationalists and neutral observers. Erdo dicksuckers GTFO.

Yeah I know, "η" was like long "ε" (I've had fights about this with an ex-gf who was Greek) dumb broad insisted that "no it was always like this"
Hahahaha 😂

The problem with modern greek is that it modernized halfway and it stopped. Turkish writing system is ultra modern and completely phonetical. This is partially why Greek bothers me so much. Either go full modern like Turkish did or full traditional like Attica greek.
They have been "simplifying" the vocabulary for years now. But most people don't like it. Only the younger generations who grew up like this don't care. And schools are doing a bad job teaching ancient greek. Of course,who cares to learn ancient greek at his teens when society itself promotes idiots and stupid ideologies as the ideal? No time for philosophy,no promotion of prayer and the Church,no deep-thinking. Society now is all about tattooed buffoons,bimbos who show their tits and all they talk about is yoga,animal rights,feminism,money and the only "philosophies" come from Buddhism and Hinduism with a lot of "inspirational" quotes spammed all day by celebrities.

They have been "simplifying" the vocabulary for years now.
What do you mean?

Of course,who cares to learn ancient greek at his teens when society itself promotes idiots and stupid ideologies as the ideal? No time for philosophy,no promotion of prayer and the Church,no deep-thinking. Society now is all about tattooed buffoons,bimbos who show their tits and all they talk about is yoga,animal rights,feminism,money and the only "philosophies" come from Buddhism and Hinduism with a lot of "inspirational" quotes spammed all day by celebrities.
Greek nationalism is fucked into the dirt of course, with the collapse of the golden dawn.

We have multiple nationalist parties and none of them represent the ideology properly. In Greece nobody's even trying as far as I'm aware.

Aside from Immigrants which nobody likes "we don't like Turcos" is the extent of Greek nationalism. If it wasn't for us you would quickly descend into communist hippie faggotry :rofl:

What do you mean?
Some words can be written with one letter,instead of a dipthong etc.

Greek nationalism is fucked into the dirt of course, with the collapse of the golden dawn.
They were weird from the start. Greece's political life is full of leftist and centre-left parties.
Aside from Immigrants which nobody likes "we don't like Turcos" is the extent of Greek nationalism.
Well Albanians can't do anything,Yugoslavia is no more,Bulgaria stopped being an enemy...only Turkey is left as a "genuine opponent" now.

As a Pakistani, I find this fascinating because Turkey has much better socioeconomic indicators and much better governance than Pakistan. Admittedly, Pakistan is quite a low bar, but still...

We often feel here (the few real patriots that exist) that we've been screwed by either 50-60+ year old 'boomers' who are out of touch with the norms of global competition and the talent/merit/innovation needs of today on the one hand AND naïve, fully Westernized blind followers who think everything 'Western' must be good and therefore should be forcefully applied. They typically fall on the cultural left and have no clue what a geostrategically important country in a tough neighborhood needs. They are colonial minded cucks, essentially.

Unfortunately, the country remains screwed either way.

Don't want to derail the thread, so I'll let my Turkish friends take it from here.
Take my positive review!

Some words can be written with one letter,instead of a dipthong etc.
Looks like Turkification is still continuing in our absence lol. Turkish language has no diphtongs or long vowels. It's all very short and direct.

Can't blame you for trying to copy our greatness :turkey: Impossible though it might be, I commend you for trying :-)

They were weird from the start. Greece's political life is full of leftist and centre-left parties.

Well Albanians can't do anything,Yugoslavia is no more,Bulgaria stopped being an enemy...only Turkey is left as a "genuine opponent" now.

As I said you really need to thank us for the whole country not turning into a huge gay orgy.

There are too many degenerates already. :butcher:

Hahahaha 😂

They have been "simplifying" the vocabulary for years now. But most people don't like it. Only the younger generations who grew up like this don't care. And schools are doing a bad job teaching ancient greek. Of course,who cares to learn ancient greek at his teens when society itself promotes idiots and stupid ideologies as the ideal? No time for philosophy,no promotion of prayer and the Church,no deep-thinking. Society now is all about tattooed buffoons,bimbos who show their tits and all they talk about is yoga,animal rights,feminism,money and the only "philosophies" come from Buddhism and Hinduism with a lot of "inspirational" quotes spammed all day by celebrities.
Wow, this is heartbreaking to say the least. Your civilization gave birth to some of the greatest philosophers of all time, it's unimaginable to me that these great people aren't being cherished in the land they used to live in.

Wow, this is heartbreaking to say the least. Your civilization gave birth to some of the greatest philosophers of all time, it's unimaginable to me that these great people aren't being cherished in the land they used to live in.
Most of the world is becoming like that now,I guess...

You are on the wrong forum bud. We don't hate Turks here. Especially Erdogan. You need find yourself some libtard forum where you can squeeze all that anti-AKP anger out of your boddy.

Bro we don't get involved in internal disputes among our allies, brothers etc. If they're good to us it doesn't matter their stance.

Bro we don't get involved in internal disputes among our allies, brothers etc. If they're good to us it doesn't matter their stance.

Unfortunately he is not good to us. You should read some of his vitriol.

Most of the world is becoming like that now,I guess...
We must do everything in our power to prevent this. Try your best to promote Greek philosophy to people, heck use this very forum to promote Greek philosophy to PDF members.

Unfortunately he is not good to us. You should read some of his vitriol.

Apologies I haven't read his posts.
That being said we seriously don't have time for any other nation's political squabbles. We already have so much of our own to deal with.

Apologies I haven't read his posts.
That being said we seriously don't have time for any other nation's political squabbles. We already have so much of our own to deal with.
I thought Pakistanis were living in a Patwari Paradise

Back
Top Bottom