What's new

Our friendship with Bangladesh

Is Our Friendship with Bangladesh justified at all?

• Total voters
@karachiete , ha wo hume bhi maloom hai.infact,pervez musarraf nay bhi maafi manga.aur national monument of saver mein unhone
yah bhi bola " that was realy excess army practice".many human rights organigation,politicians also say this but india and mujib's awam e
influenced tv chanels,newspaper never even xpress this news.humare mulk ka kehna tha : not personaly but declare officialy.
musarraf did that may be personaly,lakin wo hum sab ko maloom hai and we also respect him for that.infact aaj jo situations hai,woo
correction ho sakta hain,lekin afsos hain yeh sirf india influenced media aur india key waja sey hua.lakin hume yah bhi maloom hain ki during 71
magribi pakistan k jo awam the woo log kabhi yeh nahi chaha.it's was nothin but a indian policy to take advantage and devide pakistan and make it weaker.

Really Guys..You BD friends have such a fake argument....India is an enemy becuase india kills people in Border...Man..if you guys have so much of love and affinity with Pakistan then why you gets separated in not less than 24 years??? Any way...I dont want to bring India here but again someone has just pulled up and reference about india so .....

I think Pakistan underestimates the strategic value of Bangladesh to both India and China and the balance of power in South Asia. If Pakistan does not foster relations with Bangladesh including those within the country who may not be pro-Pakistan but are at least anti-Indian then India will become preeminent in South Asia and get up to more mischief in the region. If Pakistan and Bangladesh are incapable of building up relations then both will be losers. It is in the strategic interests of both countries to have friendship but if Pakistan wants to go it alone in South Asia it will find that China will not be able to help it as India will have its North East secure through Bangladesh cooperation. Unfortunately the present government in Dhaka is hostile to Pakistan but there are many in Bangladesh who see the wider picture. It is time Pakistan stopped sitting on the fence and tried to find friends in Bangladesh and create a trilateral relationship between Bangladesh-Pakistan-China.

As for back stabbing in 1971 everyone was doing it and even within West Pakistan there was much of this behavior. At the time it seemed Pakistan did not strategically value East Pakistan and the Indians exploited this. This attitude still exists today. A Pakistani diplomat a few years ago mentioned to me that Pakistan has no interest in Bangladesh. There is nothing that Bangladesh can do for Pakistan. I find this way of thinking extremely limited and narrow and detrimental to Pakistan in the long run. Does no one realize why Indira Gandhi in 1971 took the gamble of creating Bangladesh at the risk that the country might become hostile to India in the future? Indira Gandhi knew that its soft spot was to its East and that its Western side was more or less secure against Pakistan. Creating Bangladesh was intended to make India's Eastern flank stronger. India has almost achieved that objective. Time is running out fast.

I think Pakistan underestimates the strategic value of Bangladesh to both India and China and the balance of power in South Asia. If Pakistan does not foster relations with Bangladesh including those within the country who may not be pro-Pakistan but are at least anti-Indian then India will become preeminent in South Asia and get up to more mischief in the region. If Pakistan and Bangladesh are incapable of building up relations then both will be losers. It is in the strategic interests of both countries to have friendship but if Pakistan wants to go it alone in South Asia it will find that China will not be able to help it as India will have its North East secure through Bangladesh cooperation. Unfortunately the present government in Dhaka is hostile to Pakistan but there are many in Bangladesh who see the wider picture. It is time Pakistan stopped sitting on the fence and tried to find friends in Bangladesh and create a trilateral relationship between Bangladesh-Pakistan-China.

As for back stabbing in 1971 everyone was doing it and even within West Pakistan there was much of this behavior. At the time it seemed Pakistan did not strategically value East Pakistan and the Indians exploited this. This attitude still exists today. A Pakistani diplomat a few years ago mentioned to me that Pakistan has no interest in Bangladesh. There is nothing that Bangladesh can do for Pakistan. I find this way of thinking extremely limited and narrow and detrimental to Pakistan in the long run. Does no one realize why Indira Gandhi in 1971 took the gamble of creating Bangladesh at the risk that the country might become hostile to India in the future? Indira Gandhi knew that its soft spot was to its East and that its Western side was more or less secure against Pakistan. Creating Bangladesh was intended to make India's Eastern flank stronger. India has almost achieved that objective. Time is running out fast.

and ur crap also increasing fast....
i m surprised to have delussional like you..who can go to any extent to bash india....

Again same story...BD & PAK unite to destroy India.....such a hilarious argument....

Let us analyse this without emotions.

What is the strategic value of Bangladesh?

Strategic value would tantamount a flow because of a country’s location, or its economic worth to make a dent in the world economics, or its military might which can be a gamechanger or its political clout and leadership on the world stage (as was that of NAM when the colonial infrastructure was being dismantled around the world.

I leave it for discussion as to which of the criteria Bangladesh fulfils.

To believe that the NE of India is insecure because of Bangladesh would be an exaggerated and opiniated thought. The cartography has not changed over history since Independence. The adversaries remained the same till 1971. If it did not matter then, why it should matter now, more so, when in 1971 the Pakistan Army could not do anything about it and the Pakistan Army was no pushover.

The issue of China being able to anything worthwhile against India in the NE is another pipedream, if one understood the manner in which wars are fought and also the terrain. Without getting into the operational aspects, which would not be correct, suffice it t say that had it been possible would China have withdrawn from what was known as NEFA in 1962, when they did not do so in Aksai Chin? The reason is that it was not feasible since artillery could not be brought up to support operations as it was a mountainous terrain with no existence of roads to permit artillery to be brought up. In Aksai Chin it was possible because it was a Plateau.

Also, take the issue of Kashmir. If it were such a cakewalk, then is it not surprising that even after four wars there is hardly much of a change in the territory from what was after the first Kashmir War? Surely, both India and Pakistan are serious about their claims over Kashmir.

What looks simple on paper or during drawing room chats, is not the reality on the ground.

India’s eastern flank was secure in 1971 and it is secure even now. A look at the map and the force level indicate so since Bangladesh is surrounded by India including the Bay.

Nope, actually when east pakistan got separated in 1971, there were only few around 8000 to 9000 bengalis left here. The illegal migrants have increased in recent years, especially in late 90s, now we do not have exact population of bengalis living here. They do not possess and cannot have national Identity card of Pakistan, thats why they are illegal residents here.

If you feel that they should be accepted as Pakistanis, what stops you from giving the National ID card?

They are good chaps, aren't they.

Why treat them so shabbily since you love them!

First of all this isnt the golden days of our eceonomy you should have seen our growth in the 60's. Secondly we werent backstabbed by bangladesh..We treated them like second class citizens... When someone in bangladesh won the election bhutto didnt step down and then they started rioting..Then the army raped their women for 9 painful months until we lost half our country and half our pride...

We still have not apolagized to bangladesh for the events that took place during the 71 war and i feel relation wont inprove much until we publically apolagize to them

I am a proud pakistani who is very loyal and i feel ashamed of those fellow pakistanis who comitted those war crimes during the 71 war

-isa

and i miss you sir! at least you have the heart to admit it! Respect for you....

kaniska,tum mujhe aek sawal key ans do,wo hai tum log toh united india mein bealieve karte ho,lekin phir bhi
west bengal mein itna bengali neglect kyun hai?assam main rebell kyun ho rha hai? aur what about kashmir issue? all over the world knows,
kashmir pakistan k hisse hain ,aur kashmir ke locals bhi indipendence from india chahte hai,lekin phir bhi tum log aisa kyun nahi karte ?
kyun tum log babri mosque ko tordala,baatao,agar tumhe apni mulk ke country men sey itna hi pyar hai?
Now my reply to u why we became separated . it was due to political crisis,martial law and your country's involvement.
u people say u help us to give freedom ,but u'r media says : 16th dec 1971 mein india ne pakistan key khilaf yudh mein jeeta aur bd ko separate nation kiya.
agar bd se tum log itna hi pyar karte ho toh is ka matlab toh samjhao...hum log toh nadan hai ,hain na !! and onemore thing,neither mashriq nor maghrib ne chaha key hum alag ho jaye.lekin jab traitors like bhutto,mujib,yahya take place on politics of pakistan it becomes devided.u people
also know that mujib want actualy what !! at his speech on 7th mirch after finishin his speech he says " jiye pakistan ".that means he dont want devidation but to be a dectator of pakistan.that we face during BAkSAL,When U'r Rakkhi bahini take controll of our army and began to kill opposition leaders (45,000 ),among them a name was siraj sikdar.we dont need india ,but u need us to control ulfa and to control chin and pakistans relation with us.because u know that if this three aliance become an unite it would be completely impossible for u to control south asia.during 1964,wo hum east bengal regiment he tha,jo indian army key upar most devastating attack kiya,and our attack was more powerful than western sector.reason was this
our motto for war is : do or die.and as a result u people flee from pakistan and take russian help.from that day u people began to think this more and more how to devide us and cut two wings.durin 71 u get a chance,utilize this and become succeded.and again i'll like to say u'r friend mujib never
want cut of pakistan but to be a dictator of it,and we observe this bitter truth when he stablish baksal with your help.so before knowin anythin dont say such a kind of foolish word:rofl:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ur long lecture in Hinglish do not make any sense at all. what are u tryin to say anyway

Naveed Ritom

Please use paragraphs and separate each thought I allow me to prick your little imaginative bubble.

Are you a Bihari left behind after the Liberation and not even recognised by Pakistan?

Each point you make (those that I could somehow thought I understood) is a ripe plum to squash and make a plum juice!

Now be a man and write in English and have some respect for paragraphing.

kaniska,tum mujhe aek sawal key ans do,wo hai tum log toh united india mein bealieve karte ho,lekin phir bhi
west bengal mein itna bengali neglect kyun hai?assam main rebell kyun ho rha hai? aur what about kashmir issue? all over the world knows,
kashmir pakistan k hisse hain ,aur kashmir ke locals bhi indipendence from india chahte hai,lekin phir bhi tum log aisa kyun nahi karte ?
kyun tum log babri mosque ko tordala,baatao,agar tumhe apni mulk ke country men sey itna hi pyar hai?
Now my reply to u why we became separated . it was due to political crisis,martial law and your country's involvement.
u people say u help us to give freedom ,but u'r media says : 16th dec 1971 mein india ne pakistan key khilaf yudh mein jeeta aur bd ko separate nation kiya.
agar bd se tum log itna hi pyar karte ho toh is ka matlab toh samjhao...hum log toh nadan hai ,hain na !! and onemore thing,neither mashriq nor maghrib ne chaha key hum alag ho jaye.lekin jab traitors like bhutto,mujib,yahya take place on politics of pakistan it becomes devided.u people
also know that mujib want actualy what !! at his speech on 7th mirch after finishin his speech he says " jiye pakistan ".that means he dont want devidation but to be a dectator of pakistan.that we face during BAkSAL,When U'r Rakkhi bahini take controll of our army and began to kill opposition leaders (45,000 ),among them a name was siraj sikdar.we dont need india ,but u need us to control ulfa and to control chin and pakistans relation with us.because u know that if this three aliance become an unite it would be completely impossible for u to control south asia.during 1964,wo hum east bengal regiment he tha,jo indian army key upar most devastating attack kiya,and our attack was more powerful than western sector.reason was this
our motto for war is : do or die.and as a result u people flee from pakistan and take russian help.from that day u people began to think this more and more how to devide us and cut two wings.durin 71 u get a chance,utilize this and become succeded.and again i'll like to say u'r friend mujib never
want cut of pakistan but to be a dictator of it,and we observe this bitter truth when he stablish baksal with your help.so before knowin anythin dont say such a kind of foolish word:rofl:

Either Post in English or Hindi. No one can understand what you want to say. 100 of Spelling mistake too without any meaning at all. :hitwall:

Back
Top Bottom