What's new

Otokar Cobra Variant for Slovenian army and maybe Pakistan ?

the fans in the rear of Otokar cobra...Are these to make it flow in water??? Just wondering.
Yeah this is amphibious model of cobra

Check this...
4-cobra-amphibious.jpg

attachment.php

bgedef12232005om9ok1zq6.jpg

I am surprised as to why Pakistan doesn't induct Cobras yet. So many countries have it is a extremely versatile APC.

I hope pakistan will induct some Turkish APCs.

because they themselves are making some fine ones. the indegeniously manufactured APCs are up-to-standard and meet the demand of PA so why spend $$ on importing!!!

talha.jpg

Talha is an armoured personnel carrier (APC) designed and manufactured in Pakistan by APC Factory of Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT). The vehicle is based on the M113-A2-Mk.1 APC. The Pakistan Army plans to deploy 2,000 Talha APCs by year 2010.

talha_l1.jpg

[edit]
talha_l3.jpg

Armour Aluminium (5083 series)
Primary
armament 12.7 mm machine gun
Engine Two options:
Detroit Diesel 6V53T, 275 hp
KMDB UTD-20, 330 hp

talha_line_03.jpg

Power/weight

22 hp/ton (6V53T)
25 hp/ton (UTD-20)

Suspension Torsion bars, hydraulic dampers
Operational
range 320 mi
Speed 40 km/h

Variants
5 road wheel variants:

Maaz - Fitted with Baktar-Shikan anti-tank missile firing unit

m113-mouz-image01.jpg

Mouz - Fitted with RBS 70 surface-to-air missile firing unit

800px-Sakb_APC_1_.jpg

Sakb - Command vehicle.

m113-al-hamza-image01.jpg

Al-Hamza - Infantry fighting vehicle

and thats not all....

i hope this helps!!

regards!

APC Talha has been designed and manufactured by APC Factory Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT). There is a flexibility in the design that the Engine compartment can accommodate power pack with 275 HP Detroit Diesel 6V53T turbocharged engine or 330 HP UTD-20, a Ukrainian engine. TALHA is an all terrain, amphibious infantry support vehicle with 12.7 mm machine gun as its main armament. Adequate crew compartment space provides excellent crew comfort. Survivability is enhanced through use of external fuel tanks. Various forms of bolt-on armour can be added to increase armour protection of the vehicle.

please find details on the link:
Pakistan Military Consortium :: www.PakDef.info

regards!

Awesome Cobra HL

Last edited by a moderator:
because they themselves are making some fine ones. the indegeniously manufactured APCs are up-to-standard and meet the demand of PA so why spend $$ on importing!!!

and thats not all....

i hope this helps!!

regards!

Yes but this is a different class of vehicle. Turkey also operates and makes M1113 variants as IFVs.The Cobra is a 4x4 APC made for fast transport of troops but can also be set up to fill many different roles such as Command and Control/Recon/Amphibious/NBC/Anti-tank/etc.

ACV-300

adnan_bushmaster.jpg

Last edited:
al thoug the COBRA is a lethal machine but PA is not in a position to spend on things that we can also make at home, specially when indegenious machinery is satisfying your demands.
it is all about priorities!!

regards!

Seems like a agile machine and versitile :tup::tup:

Speedy and 4X4 and the gadgets inside are also impressive

Would be perfect for deployment in Kashmir regions

Or sudden deployments if needed

Last edited:
infact i agree that PA do require a good Infantary fighting vehicle but we must try to make that at home.
infact just require to couple a better gun with fire control system developed from that of AlKhalid and couple this with TALHA and that it.

what we can get from turkey in this filed is knowledge about fire control system. we need to develop one and turkey will be of great help here!!

regards!

I think it would be a welcomed addition to the Pakistani armed forces. While our current APV's(M1113 derivatives-btw that have been around since the 60's but still versatile nonetheless) take care of our core requirements.

As a side note, the American's themselves have moved away from the M113 in 1980's and onto the Bradley infantry fighting vehicle.

Otokar Cobra would help fill in another important area of requirement with its agility, fast speed and versatility. The addition of the Cobra or something similar would help add new operational capabilities to the Pakistani armed forces. We should analyse our options and continue to strive for the further enhancement of our armed forces.

You are simply mixing tracks with wheels man...
Here is FNSS ACV300 Tracked APC, it gives protection against 14.5mm AP rounds, and has a weight of 15 tons and has maximum speed of 65km\hour can be fitted with 25/30mm primary weapon and also can be used as mortar carrier
savunmavestrateji_ZMA_DRAGAR_kule.jpg

savunmavestrateji_zma-acv-s5.jpg

acvswruagbighorntt8.jpg

And here's Otokar Cobra multi purpose wheeled vehicle, it gives protection against small arms (like 7.62x54R) has 6 tons of weight and maximum speed of 115km can be fitted with 50Cal machinegun or anti-tank missile launcher.
cobra_photo_007.jpg

I really love to see Cobra in Pak Inventory

Last edited:
Otakar ARMA will be the best thing happened to our army since T 80 UD i hope that tariq majeed stop miss using money for his visits and make some deals now for this baby which pakistan army desprately needs this can be used against taliban too

It would be awsome seeing otokar arma and otokar cobra in pak army, it would really help your army.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom