What's new

OT Posts dealing with Hindu-Non Hindu relations

Berut

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
<MOD EDIT> I HAVE STARTED THIS THREAD BY MOVING POSTS OFF TOPIC POSTS FROM ANOTHER THREAD

THE FIRST POST WAS NOT INTENDED TO BE INCLUDED, BUT IT GOT INCLUDED BY MISTAKE, AND DELETING IT DELETES THE THREAD SO I HAVE TO LET IT BE HERE INSTEAD OF DELETING IT. SORRY @Berut <MOD EDIT>

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is something which most intelligent Indians already knew, but its always good to get validation.

This is where years of news media highlighting Rape, Caste, Toilets and corruption gets you.

Hindus not regarded warmly by Americans: Pew poll - The Hindu

Hindu-Americans are not regarded as warmly as Jewish people, Catholics, Evangelical Christians and Buddhists, according to a recent poll by the Pew Research Centre, which noted that Hindus here were given an average rating of 50 on a scale of 100, and lower still when ranked by Evangelical Christians.

The Pew poll on ‘How Americans Feel About Religious Groups,’ released last week was based on a survey conducted between May 30 and June 30, 2014, among 3,217 adults who were part of Pew’s ‘New American Trends’ panel, said to be a nationally representative panel of randomly selected U.S. adults.

Those rated below Hindus included Mormons (48), Atheists (41) and Muslims (40). Jewish people, Catholics and Evangelical Christians respectively received ratings of 63, 62, and 61.

The poll results provoked a backlash in some quarters, with leaders of the Hindu American Foundation expressing “concern that much of the American public holds negative views of Hindus,” especially, HAF said, since “Americans as a whole know little about Hinduism, and those who do hold mixed views.”

Suhag Shukla, HAF's Executive Director said, “Unfortunately, lack of knowledge allows the public to stereotype Hinduism, focusing on caste and cows, and ignoring the vast spiritual base of the religion. Such stereotypes, also reflected in the media and textbooks, lead to the bullying of Hindu school children, and can feed into anti-Hindu hate crimes."

Although Pew described Hindu-Americans’ rating as “neutral on average,” HAF underscored that those unfamiliar with the religion negatively rated Hindus at 47 on the “feeling thermometer.”

This relatively low rating was given despite the exponential growth in the Hindu American population and the growing popularity of the Hindu practices such as yoga and Ayurveda, HAF said in a statement, and only 22 per cent of Americans said that they knew a practitioner of Hinduism.

The views on Hindus also differed according to the political affiliation of the respondents, Pew observed, and Republicans gave Hindus a rating of 47 whereas Democrats gave them a rating of 54.

However Hindu-Americans appeared to exemplify a community towards which feelings were more positive when respondents personally knew a member of the community. Those who knew a Hindu gave the community a rating of 63, whereas those who did not gave it a rating of 47, on average.

Unlike Christians and Jewish people, Hindus were viewed more positively by younger people than older people, with those in the 18-29 age bracket rating Hindus 54 and those above 65 years of age rating Hindus 46.

Regarding the “negative impressions” towards Muslims, Mormons, and Atheists revealed in the survey, Padma Kuppa, a member of HAF’s Board of Directors said, “Muslims, Mormons, and Atheists, like Hindus, deserve to live in a community that respects their private spiritual beliefs.”

Here is something which most intelligent Indians already knew, but its always good to get validation.

This is where years of news media highlighting Rape, Caste, Toilets and corruption gets you.

It is a little amusing that you seem to be complaining about only 50% of Americans holding a positive view of Hinduism when you personally have been going after Christians (probably Muslims too) almost 100% of the time.:lol:

50% is good, there is no point in comparing how Hinduism is perceived with the more familiar & well established groups in the U.S. Hindus score higher than Mormons, that's actually quite extraordinary considering that a Mormon was standing for the job of the U.S. president just 2 years ago.

Please show respect to America, and bow down to their feets. What America tell you anything, just do it immediately against China or Pakistan without hestitation.

John Kerry or any officials know Indians are puppy the best friend. :enjoy:

Yeah Yeah.... Check the threads in PDF on devayani issue, You might want to change your opinion, may be....

Please show respect to America, and bow down to their feets. What America tell you anything, just do it immediately against China or Pakistan without hestitation.
John Kerry or any officials know Indians are puppy the best friend.
Only a retarded nation would trust Americans. India is not a pro-USA nation fyi.

Christians are mad because their conversions efforts failed in India. Only weak and the greedy converted.

The republicans love Bobby Jindal who converted to Christianity. They will love sell-outs who will follow their white masters culture and religion.

It is a little amusing that you seem to be complaining about only 50% of Americans holding a positive view of Hinduism when you personally have been going after Christians (probably Muslims too) almost 100% of the time.:lol:

50% is good, there is no point in comparing how Hinduism is perceived with the more familiar & well established groups in the U.S. Hindus score higher than Mormons, that's actually quite extraordinary considering that a Mormon was standing for the job of the U.S. president just 2 years ago.

Strange that you should see my post as complaining. What it tells me is that you have an acute desire to be validated by the US.

My stand is simply pro Hindu. If that appears anti christian or anti muslim to you, it is because you, as a christian (don't bother denying it) is threatened by my views. :pop:

I am attempting to educate people about what Americans really think and let that temper their views. This however comes as no surprise to me.

If you think 50% is good, good for you. I don't care either way.

Christians are mad because their conversions efforts failed in India. Only weak and the greedy converted.

The republicans love Bobby Jindal who converted to Christianity. They will love sell-outs who will follow their white masters culture and religion.

I think they are really mad because unlike even 15 years ago Hindus have started fighting back.

Every thread is discussed with a religious angle...... and i have no shame in saying few of my fellow countrymen, see everything thru their stupid religious angle..... I dono how one can be this stupid........

Doesn't matter how many ID's come up, some views remain the same.......:lol:

....ah you remember. Din't think you would forget.

Every thread is discussed with a religious angle...... and i have no shame in saying few of my fellow countrymen, see everything thru their stupid religious angle..... I dono how one can be this stupid........

........probably because the world is not made up of sugar and spice and all things nice. :lol:

How is mallapuram treating you ? got invited to any iftar party yet ?

And because these Indian Christian converts are easy to control. They are slaves of the West and white people. They won't ever go against their white masters.

Religion is a large part of most people's identity. When it becomes a larger part of their identity their start identifying more with other christian nations than India. That is just human nature.

True especially for those who has nothing else other than that of his own religion......

Know anybody like that ? :cheesy:

Know anybody like that ? :cheesy:

Dont need to go far, may be a look at mirror will give you an idea what i am talking about...... But then we are derailing the topic, and that is not something which i normally do.....

Being a proud Hindu is stupid NO? Modi's VISA ban was primarily due to his anti-conversion stance. Religion plays a major role in US elections, Republicans can be seen courting major Churches for support.

Dont need to go far, may be a look at mirror will give you an idea what i am talking about...... But then we are derailing the topic, and that is not something which i normally do.....

LOL... you mean you are making an exception for me ? all this because I asked you if you got invited to an iftar party ? :lol:

Don't worry, I am sure somebody will invite you next time.

How nice that people in Mallapuram do not view things via religion :devil:

Back
Top Bottom