What's new

Operation 'Decisive Storm' | Saudi lead coalition operations in Yemen - Updates & Discussions.

I will say that I was wrong about predicting it being mainly from non-GCC countries.

I'm not a representative for all Iranians. I am not embarrassed to say that i have had some of my predictions turns out wrong. If everything I said was always right, I wouldn't waste my time here, I'd be buying and selling stocks all day :what:

Ministry of Defence
02-April, 2015 11:56 IST
Evacuation of Indian Nationals from Djibouti by the Indian Air Force (IAF)

Consequent upon the Government of India issuing an advisory for Indian nationals to leave Yemen, the Indian Air Force (IAF) deployed two heavy transport aircraft with alacrity, in support of evacuation operations. In a well coordinated operation involving multi agencies, IAF deployed two C-17 Globemaster III aircraft, yesterday. These aircraft took off from Delhi early yesterday morning and reached Djibouti. These two aircraft brought back people evacuated from Yemen to India. The first IAF C-17 aircraft landed at Kochi at 0147 hrs carrying 168 passengers and the second C-17 landed at Mumbai at 0324 hrs carrying 190 passengers.

It would be pertinent to note that transport aircraft are being utilised extensively for Human Assistance Disaster Relief (HADR) operations. The Indian Air Force, after proving its mettle in bringing succor to scores of people after Jammu & Kashmir in September last year has once again risen to the occasion and added a pioneering chapter in Disaster Relief by bringing home the Indians evacuated from Yemen. The Indian Air Force reaffirms its commitment towards Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief Operations in support of the nation.

341835-dpz-2apab-20.jpg

Evacuated people from Yemen in an Indian Air Force (IAF) C-17 aircraft reached at Mumbai airport on April 02, 2015.
s2015040263778.jpg

Evacuated people from Yemen in an Indian Air Force (IAF) C-17 aircraft reached at Kochi airport on April 02, 2015.
s2015040263779.jpg

341826-indiansyemen700.jpg

341833-dpz-2apab-22.jpg

341832-dpz-2apab-23.jpg

341837-dpz-2apab-18.jpg

Last edited:
MANPADs, gun laying equipment/sights, field NVG/IR sights, and signaling equipment are not sourced at your local bazar or souk.

But hey! When you're trying to save face you forget all about that, sure Iran's support for the Houthis has been limited in comparison with HA, Syria, and Iraq but there was an investment. Yemen wasn't a strategic interest for Iran but a powerful Houthi movement holding some semblance of reigns would have been too good of a chance to let go in KSAs back yard, Decisive Storm may have prevented that.

But you can believe Iran totally wasn't involved if you wish to, sends your allies a nice message.

In all your sources it is clearly stated that "That may have been smuggled from Iran for Yemeni insurgents" ... there is no strong evidence that show they are Iranians .. and where are those MANPADs right now while Yemen is under air strike?
Saving face? Yours "Decisive Storm" has go nothing, Houthis are now In Aden. while there is no sign of presence of Iranian agents and weapons in Yemen. Unlike some countries we do announce who we support who we don't, our support for Houthis is political ...

I think you've forgotten that your president came to the power through a military coup supported by Saudis and your previous elected president is now in jail, it's your internal affairs and not my concern but when you send ships to help Saudis to bomb Yemenis to defend its elected president (by your definition) I think it's hypocrisy ...
Houthis movement is an internal one like what happened against Mobarak in Egypt and Saudis are involved in both as they've been in Bahrain to prevent demands of people from happening.
If we wanted to send weapons, Bahrain was too much closer and it's well-known that it's majority is Shia something we have never done.

Joint statement by High Representative/Vice-President Federica Mogherini and the Commissioner for Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Management Christos Stylianides on the impact of fighting in Yemen
01 April 2015

The impact on the civilian population, in particular on children, of the ongoing fighting between different militias, bombardments and disruption of essential services is reaching alarming proportions and exacerbating an already dire humanitarian situation.

The airstrike on the Al-Marzaq camp in Hajjah, mostly hosting displaced persons, killed and wounded a high number of civilians.

The attacks on hospitals and medical facilities by warring factions as well as the deliberate targeting and destruction of private homes, education facilities and basic infrastructure cannot be tolerated.

We call on all parties to ensure the protection of civilians and avoid the direct targeting of civilian infrastructure. All measures to ensure the respect of International Humanitarian Law and International Human Rights Law should be taken. We call on all sides to give unrestricted access to humanitarians, so that they can keep delivering vital assistance to the most vulnerable people.

The EU will continue to support all efforts to bring the Yemeni parties back to the negotiating table, on the basis of broad and inclusive participation, without preconditions and with the clear objective to reach a sustainable political compromise.

Peace loving Iranian militia in Yemen teaching kids to hate.

Disgusting.

If a ground invasion does occur and the forces are predominantly from KSA what will you say then?

You'll obviously retort with:- "but they won't" and then I'll say "but that's what Iranians said about an intervention hours before it happened"

even right now , there are so many foreigners is Saudi Army ...

How vile are the Saudis. They trying to undermine Pakistan constantly. False Al Arabiya news and putting Pakistan's flag amongst theirs Clearly it is evident that saudis don't care about Pakistanis and are all eager for Pakistani intervention.

Last edited:
Breaking news on BBC...Foreign troops landed in Aden..

Chinese troops landed from their frigate to protect people to be evacuated.

Nice font colouring lmao @Decisive Storm colours do make the news a bit more important like and "urgenty" gotta admire him for that

The funny thing is that that base is already on their side, Houthis just entered & Pro-Saleh opened the doors for them.

Members of Saudi border guard on duty in the Ashiq island in the southern Jazan province near the border with Yemen on Wednesday. — AFP
fp02_big.jpg

RIYADH — Brig. Gen Ahmad Al-Asiri, spokesman of the coalition forces and adviser at the office of the minister of defense, said on Wednesday that the Houthis were targeting civilians and residential areas out of desperation.

He said the Houthis were the ones who targeted a dairy factory about which the media earlier reported.

“Information from the ground confirms that the factory was hit by mortar projectiles and Katyusha rockets which caused fire and casualties,” he said.

The Al-Majrash camp in Haradh was also targeted by the Houthi militias resulting in injuries to many people, Asiri said, stressing that coalition operation can never target such complexes.

Coalition forces on Wednesday targeted the rebel brigades which were moving toward Aden, Al-Dale and Shabwah, said the spokesman of the coalition forces.

“We know a majority of Yemeni army officers and privates fighting alongside the Houthis have been forced to do so by the militias and those supporting the ousted president Ali Abdullah Saleh,” Asiri told reporters in a press conference.

He said that targeting these Yemeni army officers and privates is not the objective of the coalition operation, but their presence in these places has exposed them to danger.

“We appeal to these army men not to rally around the militias, but support their sincere commanders who are defending the legitimate government and the Yemeni citizens,” Asiri said.

He said the campaign will continue until it achieves its objectives. The coalition air forces continued to target locations of ballistic missiles, means of air defense, ammunition depots and the movement of the rebel militias.

The operations were intensified in the regions and roads leading to the city of Aden.

Popular committees are carrying out operations against the cells and the pockets of the militias in Aden. The Saudi ground forces are preventing the Houthis from coming near the border, he said.

Naval operations were also continuing. Warships have been deployed to carry out a naval blockade.

Border Guard personnel in Asir Province are on full alert 24/7 to protect the southern border region against any possible attacks by Houthi rebels.
ki07_big.jpg

NAJRAN — No orders have been issued to villagers along the southern border region to evacuate and move to distant areas, according to Abdullah Al-Suwaid, undersecretary of the governorate here. He categorically denied reports that orders had been issued to the villagers to move further into the country’s interior for their safety and said villagers were determined to stay right where they are, in complete defiance of any war risks.

"The inhabitants of all the villages along the southern border region close to Yemen are living normally and enjoying complete security and stability," he said.

Hi, can only one tell me what the arabs have achieved since the attacks? I just found out about this attack. Cause i read somewhere houthis are still gaining ground.

Stopped
them from entering Aden & other cities.

Destructed
their Air Force, Air Defence & Communication Systems, alongside with huge arms & ammunition Depots.

Stopped them from entering Aden & other cities.

Um. Houthis are in Aden. I don't know about "other cities" so maybe you are right there, but for Aden, we know now that Houthis have captured Aden.

However, since "(Reuters) - Dozens of troops disembarked at a port in Aden on Thursday, hours after Houthi fighters advanced into the heart of the southern Yemeni city, witnesses and port officials said." maybe whoever these soldiers are (Saudis? Pakistanis?) will kick Houthis out. Let's watch the developments & try to report honestly.

Smoke rises from an arms depot at the Jabal Hadeed military compound in Yemen’s southern port city of Aden March 28, 2015.
image.jpg

image.jpg

ADEN (Reuters) – Dozens of troops disembarked at a port in Aden on Thursday, hours afterHouthifighters advanced into the heart of the southern Yemeni city, witnesses and port officials said.

It was not immediately possible to verify the nationality of the troops, but a Saudi-led coalition which has been trying to stem advances by the Iran-allied Houthis says it is in control of the waters around Aden.

Um. Houthis are in Aden. I don't know about "other cities" so maybe you are right there, but for Aden, we know now that Houthis have captured Aden.

However, since "(Reuters) - Dozens of troops disembarked at a port in Aden on Thursday, hours after Houthi fighters advanced into the heart of the southern Yemeni city, witnesses and port officials said." maybe whoever these soldiers are (Saudis? Pakistanis?) will kick Houthis out. Let's watch the developments & try to report honestly.

Might be Egyptian soldiers.

Back
Top Bottom