What's new

One year in Pakistan borrows lowest net foreign loan

What mega construction projects were undertaken with the billions of loans by Noon league.... please show me and the rest of the PDF family. We are all eager to know.
There are not extra mega projects but some construction activity was going on.I have met with some steel mill management recently,they said that steel sale has decreased greatly this year as compared to previous years due to lack of construction work.Peshawar Brt, Islamabad Metro,Multan Metro, Tarbella dam extension project, cpec,orange line etc were some of the projects which were carried out in last 5yrs .Although they included corruption but even if govt carries out transparent projects at present they need foreign loans due to lack of export oriended economy and reserves, magnitude of borrowing may be low but debt will likely to increase due to increase in development projects

There are not extra mega projects but some construction activity was going on.I have met with some steel mill management recently,they said that steel sale has decreased greatly this year as compared to previous years due to lack of construction work.Peshawar Brt, Islamabad Metro,Multan Metro, Tarbella dam extension project, cpec,orange line etc were some of the projects which were carried out in last 5yrs .Although they included corruption but even if govt carries out transparent projects at present they need foreign loans due to lack of export oriended economy and reserves, magnitude of borrowing may be low but debt will likely to increase due to increase in development projects

This is totally wrong thinking.

Country can never progress with industry solely dependent on government spending. Government spending is almost always non revenue generating and in case of projects you mentioned mostly cost even more money to operate. I have never heard of any industry in the developed world being dependent on the government for the orders .
We need to get out of this pandoo thinking and build industry based on demand from growth oriented spending and private spending not government based .

What mega construction projects were undertaken with the billions of loans by Noon league.... please show me and the rest of the PDF family. We are all eager to know.
Kidoo almost all projects under CPEC are loans with interest.The shiny network of Motorways,Metros was built and is still work on it is in progress.

Kidoo almost all projects under CPEC are loans with interest.The shiny network of Motorways,Metros was built and is still work on it is in progress.

First learn to speak with respect. I know you donkey eaters are mostly products of brothels and haven't been taught manners of how conduct yourself.

Noora wasn't smart enough to start industrialization .

First learn to speak with respect. I know you donkey eaters are mostly products of brothels and haven't been taught manners of how conduct yourself.
Coming from mouth of person who uses bazari language here and there,barking like a mad dog on every poster who doesn't agrees with his version of truth is his well known conduct:sarcastic:
Tumhari zuban puttar kisi aur taraf ishara karti hai.

Last edited:
Aur bewaqoof log kehty phr rhai hain ssbse ziada qarza,lai liya 1 saal mai
That news of express tribune was false where they claim 18 billion rupees internal debt. Whereas it was only 2 billion rupees and no one contridict the news . Government should sue them

This is totally wrong thinking.

Country can never progress with industry solely dependent on government spending. Government spending is almost always non revenue generating and in case of projects you mentioned mostly cost even more money to operate. I have never heard of any industry in the developed world being dependent on the government for the orders .
We need to get out of this pandoo thinking and build industry based on demand from growth oriented spending and private spending not government based .
It can work if the government has lots of fiscal resources to spend (e.g., oil money) and, in turn, it uses a stimulus to give the private sector a chance to develop a competitive advantage for driving exports (e.g., taking construction projects abroad).

So, if you're say Descon, you'd use local businesses to build scale and expertise in lowering costs, and then you take that (plus Pakistani labor) to Africa, Latin America, etc and win their construction bids (bringing hard-currency back to Pakistan).

However, that line of economic thinking doesn't exist in Pakistan; it's very much a, "what do I get out of it" mentality, and it's very short-term.

That's why we see gov't willy-nilly give out contracts to local businesses (ultimately, for support) or in other cases, steal from the coffers and give to the supporters directly (or both by making PIA, etc inefficient, loss-makers with inflated labour)

No not at all . Highway and power plant provide economic activity and generate huge revenues . Connectivity is important for economic activity. Pakistan was loosing two percent Point GDP every year due to lack of electricity.

No not at all . Highway and power plant provide economic activity and generate huge revenues . Connectivity is important for economic activity. Pakistan was loosing two percent Point GDP every year due to lack of electricity.
I beg to differ coal and oil fired power plants are not good for since we don't have any oil and we are still importing huge amount of coal by 2020 we would be importing 30 million tons.
Highways are still under progress and states are never built on toll.
We don't have any industry,nationalization by PPP is still haunting us.To sum it up we have taken too much loan more then we can pay.Unless or until those in jail and roaming free are not churned our future is bleak.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom