One of the worlds oldest continuosly inhabited city

3356363746_a6a5a2f336_m.jpg

3042562893_007f182413_m.jpg

2285631923_6c250bf4d7_m.jpg

4457222576_87c6ca8cf3_m.jpg

3338378793_8bb95d216f_m.jpg

4308134021_83c8086429_m.jpg

3502840447_7f35b4bfb4_m.jpg

We dont have to bash India in every thread. No matter how old a civilization is the history can only reflected for past 100-150 years. A change occurs generations to generation such that traditions and customs die and new ones takes place.

Zeluvaa in case of Peshawar the claim is for the Oldest Living City in South Asia not the world as it said to be Damascus and Jerusalem and as you said some other cities as Oldest in the world.

So hope the confusion is cleared here now.

I am not a historian neither an authority on it but i guess we all need to understand that what Historians mean by Oldest Living City. Whether if its the oldest inhabitate or continuous one which gives it the status.

Most agree that "oldest living city" means oldest continuously inhabited. Going by that definition, Varanasi would be oldest in South Asia given that there are evidences of its existence since 1000-750 BC as found during Raj ghat excavations.

Sir,

May be Syrian capital is oldest but history of Varanasi goes as back as 2000+ Bc and beyond ...
Further there is no text which can tell about its origin.

As far as I could find out, history of Varanasi has only been dated to the first quarter of the first millennial BC. As per scientific findings, its history has only been proven to be 1000-750 BC so far.
No where did I read the 2000+ BC number you are giving.

Its religious belief mate.:cheesy:

Well we can't exactly use our religious beliefs to prove our point, can we? I mean, you won't believe me if I started quoting the Quran or Bible to prove things.

So let us use something which is scientific which by definition means something provable, and something which would be acceptable to all. ;)

# Byblos in present-day Lebanon may date back as far as 5000 BCE and is considered by many to be the oldest continuously populated city.
# Damascus in Syria has existed at least since 3000 BCE.
# Varansi in India also dates back further than 3000 BCE.
# Medinat Al-Fayoum in Egypt is possibly dated at 4000 BCE.
# Gaziantep in Turkey dates back to 3650 BCE.
# Hebron in Israel is dated at 3500 BCE.
# Athens in Greece dates to about 3000 BCE.
# Arbil and Kirkuk in Iraq have dates of 2300 and earlier than 3000 BCE respectively.
# Adana in Turkey and Jerusalem in Israel were established around 2000 BCE.
# Hama in Syria was established before 2000 BCE.
# Luxor/Thebes in Egypt also dates to 2000 BCE.
# Jaffa, Israel, and Aleppo, Syria are both about 3800 years

What are the Oldest Cities in the World?

Well the oldest ever city is glorious Makkah inhabited continously since the times of Propher Adam the first man on earth.

makkah.jpg

FIrstly there was no prophet Adam. He is just a fictionary mythological character. You are basing your claim on a fictionary tale so it hold no merit.

Its common sense that humans are result of evolution and not great great grand children of first prophet(and human), ie Mr Adam.

Makkah is not as old as the cities mentioned above.

FIrstly there was no prophet Adam. He is just a fictionary mythological character. You are basing your claim on a fictionary tale so it hold no merit.

Its common sense that humans are result of evolution and not great great grand children of first prophet(and human), ie Mr Adam.

Kuffars need not to comments.. :flame:

Back
Top Bottom