What's new

On this day in 1971, Sinking of the KHUKRI

Over 18 officers and 176 sailors of India were dead. No survivors.

How was that possible?
Hangoor made a very nice move to prevent any rescue and ensure that all survivors die in the water. They fired torpedoes against the remaining Kirpan. It was damaged and had to be towed back. So all Indian ships in the vicinity were temporarily put out of action. Hangoor roamed the area to prevent any rescue for the next 4 days before anchoring. By then all Indians were dead.

dude there were survivors
read this
http://lovkap.blogspot.com/2013/08/truth-behind-sinking-of-ins-khukri-1971.html

besides this India should ask captain of Kirpan why he abandoned KUKRI when it was sinking there could have been more survivors

These are the boys who really......Ghar mein ghus kar mara.

Windy sir link broken cant see the picture kindly share it again

dude there were survivors
read this
http://lovkap.blogspot.com/2013/08/truth-behind-sinking-of-ins-khukri-1971.html

besides this India should ask captain of Kirpan why he abandoned KUKRI when it was sinking there could have been more survivors

Windy sir link broken cant see the picture kindly share it again

How about now

1437898523442.jpg
1437898523442.jpg

yes definitely very proud moment for all the trollers anyways, it was really a nice mission by forward attack submarine and thats why pak navy loves submarines
but during those days why do you forget pns muhafiz and pns khyber which sank along with pns ghazi and pns shahjahan damaged beyond repair , obilerating 2;3 rd of your navy huh. Cumon guys dun call out that 71 war because in 65 war u performed way better
As i said we are talking about battles and not the war, in 1971 you guys had the advantage of Russian supplied missile boats, in 1965 neither side had such capability, however what makes this mission special is that after WW-2 this was a first succesful submarine kill.

yes definitely very proud moment for all the trollers anyways, it was really a nice mission by forward attack submarine and thats why pak navy loves submarines
but during those days why do you forget pns muhafiz and pns khyber which sank along with pns ghazi and pns shahjahan damaged beyond repair , obilerating 2;3 rd of your navy huh. Cumon guys dun call out that 71 war because in 65 war u performed way better

India conducted successful missile attacks on Karachi, and both the Navy and the Air Force failed to defend the fleet or the coast establishments, as they had no knowledge of SY-1 system.

The attack on Khukri and Kirpan were a naval battle. While one side won, precious lives of Indian navy paid for it. I pray for the departed in Indian uniform as well. Due to a magazine hit by second shot by Fasih/Tasnim, the crew didnt have a chance and sank in a few minutes. The stories of bravado are false.

When a sub gives an open signal of patrol, no ships come its way. PNS Hangor was under immense Depth Charge attack by responding Indian Units, but it was able to run quiet and stay on patrol, returning on cessation of hostilities. Meanwhile, Pakistan Navy suffered immensely by losing Ghazi, a MCMV, and Khaibar, and while many ships were damaged by daring Indian navy raids on Karachi harbor.

My friends, war is an Ugly thing, whose hydra like heads devours loved ones on all sides. Lets not gloat about it, much each other, as it dishonors the dead on both sides, and mocks the departed souls of both countries.

May God give you all some guidance. Ameen.

Hangor led by the great captain Tasnim managed to salvage some pride for the Navy after a humiliating rout.

RIP to the brave men of the sea both Pakistanis and Indians, many lives were lost on the water. As I understand the captain Mulla went down with the ship and refuse to go on a lifeboat. What a man.

Windy bhai any pics of the HANGOOR crew that took INS KUKRI head on
only found this on PN website

View attachment 358940

PNS Hangoor was preserved in Maritime Meuse um, and that is in very very good condition, i visited several time, and i cant explain the feeling when i got inside , the First Submarine who hunt Frigate through Torpedo.

Back
Top Bottom