What's new

On prime minister's directive: Govt constitutes task force for elimination of Riba

Bhai this just a delaying tactic ....

Plz let me state it clearly I am not saying this just because I oppose PML-N politically .... now let me tell you how is it a delaying tactic

IF Government is seeking review for the "Process, Steps & Time frame" then plz recall it is the Responsibility of Executive to implement the orders of the court in its true sprite and for this Government should take SBP and other stakeholders in confidence.

Now once the court has decided as per the constitution of Pakistan It has nothing more to do with FSC or SCP, they only had to decide about the legality of Interest as per the constitution of Pakistan which they have done, they have already fulfilled their responsibility and now they don't have the mandate

- To define the Process (NOTE: This is responsibility OF SBP and Commercial Banks as per existing laws)

- To decide about the Steps Executive (read: Government of Pakistan) has to take (NOTE: Again this is the responsibility of SBP, Commercial Banks of Pakistan)

- Or to give the specific time frame (Note: This is Common responsibility of SBP, Commercial Banks and Government)

It is the responsibility of SBP and commercial Banks to decide about the Process, Steps and Possible Timeframe which may be required to complete this task, additionally IF there is a need for the amendments in existing Laws or the formation of new Laws then it is the responsibility of Government to take care the legality of the process, but rather doing the simple things government is shifting its responsibility towards the Judiciary which eventually delay the process.

I hope you too will see this issue by raising yourself above the political liking or dislike. It is neither political nor religious issue after the Judgment but the issue of governance.

Let SC state all this which you have just stated above, government should seek further clarifications if it sees any ambiguity in the verdict. Government on face of their actions and statement is not disagreeing in principle. I have no power to doubt intention of someone.

PHDs in what? is it finance or anything related to the economy?

Mufti Taqi Usmani, Dr. Raghib Naeemi or Dr. Qibla Ayaz all have studied economics as well as Islamic Law (Fiqh) and they are teaching the same in their respective Jamias.

Dr. Qibla Ayaz got his PhD from the University of Edinburgh in the field of Islamic and Middle Eastern Studies in 1985.

Mufti Taqi Usmani, Dr. Raghib Naeemi or Dr. Qibla Ayaz all have studied economics as well as Islamic Law (Fiqh) and they are teaching the same in their respective Jamias.

Dr. Qibla Ayaz got his PhD from the University of Edinburgh in the field of Islamic and Middle Eastern Studies in 1985.

Mufti Taqi usmani is the only one with an economics education and it was a joint BA in Economics and politics. That doesnt even qualify him to work in a bank let alone develop the financial policy of a nation of 200mn.

Back
Top Bottom